What is your Favorite Scene from a Movie?

by Sweetp0985 91 Replies latest social entertainment

• Chloe
    Chloe

At the end of "The Way We Were" when Barbra Streisand sees Robert Redford again after many years and puts her hand on his face. God, Redford was good looking in those days.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Godfather: When Michael rolls his father into the safe room on the hospital and says to him "I'm with you now Pop, I'm with you now" Meaning of course he will join the family business and pledging his loyalty to his father About a Boy: When he comes out on the stage to play the guitar to help the boy Something about Mary: Both dog scenes

• Preston
    Preston

Great Expectations (1946) -- The Graveyard Scene

Don't Look Now (1973) -- The ruined photograph

A Matter of Life and Death (1946) -- The heavenly courtroom Scene

The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp (1943) -- The Duel

Oliver Twist (1948) -- Sikes kills Nancy

Shakespeare in Love (1998) -- The ending

Distant Voices, Still Lives (1987) -- The Man crashes through the roof

The Wicker Man (1973) -- The ending

Mulholland Drive (2001) -- Club Silencio

Andrei Rublev (1964) -- The Bell

Fanny and Alexander (1984) -- The breathing mummy

Kill Bill, Vol 2 (2004) -- The premature burial

Talk to Her (2002) -- The shrunken man sequence

Once upon a time in the west (1968) -- The duel between Harmonica and Frank

24 Hour Party People (2002) -- The Hacienda before it closes

O' Lucky Man (1972) -- The scene in the hospital

Y Tu' Mama Tambien (2001) -- The three-way kiss

Ordet (1955) -- The resurrection

2001 (1968) -- The stargate sequence

The Conformist (1971) -- The love scene on the train

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Ben-Hur:

After rescuing the commander of a sunken Roman war ship (which Ben-Hur was a slave, rowing the boat) via a floating slab of wood, the commander awakes to find himself chained and Ben-Hur gives him the same speech he was given when Ben-Hur first arrived on the ship:

"You exist to serve this ship. Row well and live..." The expression "Row well and live" was later introduced by me at an Elder?s meeting during a CO visit when publisher?s hours (or lack there of) was being considered....the CO was not amused...

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

I know this is a bit off subject but someone mentioned James Calivel(sp) and I thought about his role in Passion of Christ. I recently saw the movie The Four Feathers with Heath Ledger (I think as the coward for those who saw it) When I saw that movie and when he had the long hair, out of all the pics of Jesus that people had said how he would look, I think Heath with the long hair would be the perfect person to cast in a Jesus movie. Either that or that movie just really made me notice how cute he was. And with the dirty look...Oh my goodness....I wanted to save him myself from the bad people...forget about them damn feathers.

Bttt, I loved the scene in The Four Feathers when they drank the lil potion that paralyzed them and they put them in the "dead" pit and the prison warden thought it strange that both British prisoners "died" on the same day and went to the pit and they were gone...I thought that was soo funny....

Almost forgot Dijmou(sp) Hanson "the African dude" is also very damn fine in that movie.....Not too cute but very sexy body....Ok I'm going to stop now

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

TC:

"You exist to serve this ship. Row well and live..." The expression "Row well and live" was later introduced by me at an Elder?s meeting during a CO visit when publisher?s hours (or lack there of) was being considered....the CO was not amused...

Oh but I am. Good job.

• El Kabong
    El Kabong

From On the Waterfront.

Charlie Malloy: Look, kid, I - how much you weigh, son? When you weighed one hundred and sixty-eight pounds you were beautiful. You coulda been another Billy Conn, and that skunk we got you for a manager, he brought you along too fast.

Terry Malloy: It wasn't him, Charley, it was you. Remember that night in the Garden you came down to my dressing room and you said, "Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson." You remember that? "This ain't your night"! My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart! So what happens? He gets the title shot outdoors on the ballpark and what do I get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was my brother, Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money.

Charlie Malloy: Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.

Terry Malloy: You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

When Crocodile Dundee is threatened in the street with a knife.

"This is not a knife. THIS is a knife."

(Sorry, in Germany movied are all dubbed.)

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

"Oh, yeah. Bloody hell. I'm sweating here. Roasting. Boiling. Baking. Sweltering. It's like a sauna. Furnace. You can fry an egg on my stomach, that's the truth. Ohh, who wouldn't lap this up? It's ridiculous. Tremendous. Fantastic. Fan-dabby-dozy-tastic."

Gal soaking up the sun at the beginning of Sexy Beast

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Lawrence of Arabia: "Aqaba is [over there].....it's just a matter of going....." Also: the scene where Omar Shariff on a camel trots in from the distance to the well where Lawrence is resting.....

Blazing Saddles: While Cleavon Little's character is sinking in quicksand, Slim Picken's character laments over the near-loss of "a four-hundred dollar hand cart...."

Dr Strangelove: Slim Picken's character [yeah him again] riding the nuke... Also: George C. Scott's character assuring the US President that launching more nukes at the "Ruskies" would "catch 'em with their pants down.....I can guarantee you, Mr President [our casualites] would be no more than 30 million tops..."

Patton: "...[war]..oh, how I do love it so...."

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid: Contemplating a jump from a cliff into uncertain waters (to escape pursuers), Sundance laments that he can't swim....Butch replies ..."[heck] the fall will probably kill yah...."

Amadeus: The scene where the young Mozart "improves" on the court composer's "welcome" music to Mozart, much to the older's man's consternation.

Raiders of the Lost Ark: Indiana Jones takes care of the bad guy with the cracking whip by shooting him.

Edited to add: Many other memorable scenes to me have already been mentioned by others.

---Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit