Michael Moore--Bill O'Reilly finally, on Foxnews tonight

by sf 123 Replies latest social current

• IronGland
    IronGland
    "Would you send you child to die to save Berlin in WWII?"

The only people I recall trying to 'save' Berlin in WW2 were Germans.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Be careful Tony T! There are people on this board that have a strange aversion to FACTS.

LABD

• Golf
    Golf

Yes, O'Reilly is a father.

Guest 77

• sf
    sf

O'Reilly does not talk about his family for security purposes and death threats, yet:

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:SCe2iOpWftwJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_O%27Reilly_(commentator)+bill+o%27reilly+family&hl=en

Bill O'Reilly (commentator)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Bill O'Reilly is the host of a popular American cable television news analysis program, The O'Reilly Factor on the FOX News Channel. O'Reilly also hosts a radio program syndicated by Westwood One called The Radio Factor and has authored four books, one of which is a novel. As a self-proclaimed political independent, his social and political views vary widely. Most recently, he has voiced concern about what he sees as the negative influence of gangsta rap on children, the mismanagement of charity funds for 9/11 victims, and the alleged predominantly liberal views of the media.

Table of contents [ show hide ]
    1 Personal background 2 Early career 3 The O'Reilly Factor 4 Political opinion

4.1 Traditionally conservative views
    4.2 Traditionally liberal views

5 Criticism and controversy

5.1 Disputes with individuals
    5.2 Criticism from organizations

6 Apology to the nation 7 Bibliography

7.1 Books by O'Reilly
    7.2 Books about O'Reilly

8 External links
    [ edit ]

Personal background

O'Reilly was born on September 10, 1949 in New York City, New York. He and his family moved to Levittown, New York, located in Nassau County, New York on Long Island when he was a toddler.

O'Reilly attended Chaminade High School (http://www.chaminade-hs.org/) in Mineola, New York, an all-male Marianist school where he played goalie on the ice hockey team. After graduating from Chaminade, O'Reilly advanced to Marist College, a small, co-educational private school in Poughkeepsie, New York. While at Marist, O'Reilly played quarterback, place kicker, and punter on the football team, and also was a columnist for the school's magazine, The Circle. He also played semi-professional baseball during this time, pitching for the Brooklyn Monarchs. He spent his junior year of college abroad, attending Queen Mary College at the University of London.

O'Reilly married in 1995 and is the father of one young daughter and an infant son. He does not discuss his family publicly due to security concerns, including past death threats. [ edit ]

Early career

After graduating from Marist, Bill O'Reilly moved to Miami, Florida, where he taught English and history at a Jesuit high school for two years. After leaving Miami, O'Reilly returned to school, earning a Masters in Broadcast Journalism from Boston University in 1976. O'Reilly's early television news career included reporting and anchoring positions in Scranton, Dallas, Denver, Portland, Oregon, Hartford, and Boston. In 1980, he anchored his own program on WCBS-TV in New York and later became a CBS News correspondent. While at CBS News, O'Reilly covered the wars in the Falkland Islands and El Salvador, amongst others. During his stints in Dallas and Denver, he won two Emmy Awards for journalistic excellence. In 1986, O'Reilly joined ABC News as a correspondent on ABC World News Tonight. In three years, he appeared on the show over one hundred times, receiving two National Headliner Awards for excellence in reporting.

In 1989, O'Reilly joined the nationally syndicated Inside Edition, a tabloid television program (also known as "infotainment"). He started as senior correspondent and backup anchor for David Frost, but soon took over the anchor chair when the viewers found him more appealing. In 1995, O'Reilly left Inside Edition to enroll in the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University, where he received a Master's Degree in Public Administration. Upon leaving Harvard, Roger Ailes, chairman and CEO of the then startup Fox News Channel, hired O'Reilly to anchor The O'Reilly Report, which was soon renamed to The O'Reilly Factor as O'Reilly was quickly gaining a reputation as a tough interviewer.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    Or claim to be God for that matter

Come now Chev babe! Havnt you heard of do as I say, not as I do?

God is well God, we cant hold him to our standards

P.S. "Muah!"

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Sean Hannity had Janine Garofalo on today...interesting...she's a space cadet...I think she's "radical" to help her career. I never heard of her before Howie Dean.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

So Micheal more thinks he could have prevented Hitler from gaining power without invading Germany LOL. Sure...........I guess he forgets that post WWI Americans could have cared less about Europe. We had the roaring 20's and a massive depression to deal with.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Whether they are truly "adult" depends on them and the parents they have.

18 (17 in some states is the age of majority) is not a mature adult.

I have yet to meet an 18 year old that is mature mentally. They are mature enough to reproduce but so are many 14 year olds. At one time 21 was considered the age of adulthood and to be honest, I've not met many 21 year olds that are all that mentally mature either. Sure, the law can say that they are adults at 18. But they are not mature enough to make important decisions. How can they when most of them have never lived on their own? If you want to look at it from a biological viewpoint, most people are not physically mature adults until the age of 25. I know that some of you don't believe that but don't argue with me, argue with my anatomy/physiology professor.

Nope, sorry, 18 may be legal, but it's not a mature adult.

Robyn.

• Golf
    Golf

Robyn, I'll have to agree with you about youth and their mental status at that age. I have a 21 year old grandson and a son that is twenty, yes, my grandson calls my 20 year-old son UNCLE! There's no need for me to go into details about youth and maturity. I was there once upon a time.

Guest 77

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Because 18 is the best of their prime when they receive their training to break them down and build them back up. With proper military training and having the right Drill Sargent to give positive drills into their lives during training. There's a saying, "There's no such thing as a bad student, only a bad teacher".

If they left home being immature, you can just about be guartenteed that they'll come home VERY mature after the training. If they go to war, you can bet they'll grow up fast while in the battle field. Once out there, there's a wide variety of experiences to go through, all positive and all negative. It's scary, it's excellerating, you feel powerful and yet feel vulnerable. It'll make you crap your pants and yet feel great to be alive if one lives through it to appreciate it.

I know of friends who served and lived through it, some became proud of their service, some became humble, some became angry, etc. Not everyone came out with the same insight as others.

All in all, we're thankful of their service so that we can have the freedom to have a forum like this one and have the freedom of expression put on "electronic paper" for all to read and respond without fear of retribution from a "Big Brother" out there, namely the Government.

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit