Michael Moore--Bill O'Reilly finally, on Foxnews tonight

by sf 123 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    It could be suggested that signing up shows a certain lack of maturity and common sense.

It could be suggested you're a pompous ass. You're opinionated, but you're wrong most of the time.

It's not the "signing up" that makes them mature, it's the getting away from the world they grew up in, expanding their horizons and being less self centered...you could learn from that Simon.

• dubla
    dubla

rob-

actually, according to simon, kerry was immature and lacks common sense for being enlisted in the first place....so his service is pretty meaningless.

aa

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Very good Robdar. You're learning. There is hope for someone that didn't know what an appeal to emotion was yesterday.

There is an old saying that goes: If your young and conservative, you have no heart. If your old and liberal, you have no brain.

I'm in the middle. Half-hearted and half-brained.

LABD

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Yanno, I would rather have Kerry, a veteran, a Navy officer, awarded Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat "V," three Purple Hearts for Vietnam War service, 1966-70 as Commander in Chief instead of W. who got favored treatment and couldn't be bothered to show up for a year while a member of the National Guard. How can Bush understand that which he has never experienced?

Robyn, you're buying the lie again, he didn't get favored treatment...he was a damned good pilot...he DID show up...that's been proven already. Yes, we KNOW Kerry served in Vietnam, we also know that he impugned the reputation of every single man and woman that served over there with his lies. I've talked to literally hundreds of vietnam vets...NONE of them saw or did what Kerry claims...NOT A ONE...then again...Kerry's source for this info...the Winter Soldier project...those guys were never in Nam...not that the truth matters.

• Robdar
    Robdar

(((((LABD)))))

Your conservative side does not quite hide your softer "half" heart.

But we won't tell anybody.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yeru,

I'm curious. Got any links to support what you just said about Kerry? I will read them. Thanks.

Robyn

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

What specifically are you looking for, that Kerry got his info from Winter Soldier, or that Winter Soldier was a complete fraud??

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yeru, I have never even heard of "winter soldier" (it sounds poetic) so I would like links on that. Also, I would like a link to where you got your info on Bush's tour of duty with the Nat'l Guard. I know that he was supposed to be a splendid pilot but it is my understanding that he did not show up for duty for close to a year and then refused to take the drug tests. If you have anything different, I would like to read it.

Thanks for your time. I will be doing an engine search too.

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

Okay, I found some links on "winter soldier". I still don't see how they came up with that name. Maybe I'll find something in all this that points to it. I would like those links on Bush that I mentioned.

Thanks

For the others: http://lists.village.virginia.edu/sixties/HTML_docs/Resources/Primary/Winter_Soldier/WS_entry.html

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Where are you getting the info that he DID NOT show up? The White House released his info, his pay records, he was there.

I gotta run to class, if Simon hasn't eliminated all my posting priveleges for calling him a pompous ass I'll post the info you ask for later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit