Michael Moore--Bill O'Reilly finally, on Foxnews tonight

by sf 123 Replies latest social current

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Yanno, I would rather have Kerry, a veteran, a Navy officer, awarded Silver Star, Bronze Star with Combat "V," three Purple Hearts for Vietnam War service, 1966-70 as Commander in Chief instead of W. who got favored treatment and couldn't be bothered to show up for a year while a member of the National Guard. How can Bush understand that which he has never experienced?

I wouldn't vote for a man who ditched his metals except his purple hearts he kept and turned his back on the military and dissed America for the war against Vietnam and joined the ranks like Jane Fonda.

If Kerry actually (which I doubt) engaged in combat, his same liberal buddies who waited for the men to come home in planes so they can call them "baby killers" and spit at the soldiers who served our country. Kerry should be labelled the same by his fellow liberal pot smoking hippies

Yiz

• Robdar
    Robdar
    If Kerry actually (which I doubt) engaged in combat

It's easy to throw "which I doubt" out there. Care to post why you doubt? Ever serve in the military? Ever engage in combat, resident expert?

Robyn

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg
    If Kerry actually (which I doubt) engaged in combat, his same liberal buddies who waited for the men to come home in planes so they can call them "baby killers" and spit at the soldiers who served our country.

Yizu,

You're way out of line on this one. I don't care if Kerry is a Leon Trotsky poster child. I would never make that statement about him. He served his country, and served it honorably (unlike a previous President that was protesting the same war on enemy soil). Though I disagree with his politics vehemently, I would never, ever say that.

Secondly, I have seen more than enough research that indicates that the spitting on returning soldiers is an urban legend. I have posted a link to a conservative magazine if you should have any questions.

http://csmonitor.com/cgi-bin/durableRedirect.pl?/durable/2000/04/27/fp1s2-csm.shtml

LABD

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

LA, they spit on my Cousin.

Robdar,

I would rather have my bene's cut then have a leader who back-stabbed every Vietnam vet and extended the war another 7 years.

Hows this one for you,

Communist Vietnamese honor John Kerry, the war protestor, as a hero in their victory over the United States in the Vietnam War.

In the Vietnamese Communist War Remnants Museum (formerly known as the "War Crimes Museum") in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), a photograph of John Kerry hangs in a room dedicated to the anti-war activists who helped the Vietnamese Communists win the Vietnam War. The photograph shows Senator Kerry being greeted by the General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam, Comrade Do Muoi.

Jeffrey M. Epstein of Vietnam Vets for the Truth acquired the photograph over the Memorial Day weekend as America was commemorating its military heroes. Epstein's organization, Vietnam Vets for the Truth, issued a general request last week for photographs documenting Kerry's activities on behalf of the enemy. Bob Shirley, a Vietnam Swift Boat veteran (www.pcf45.com), sent the photograph to Epstein in response to that call. Shirley recently joined over 200 other Swift Boat veterans in signing an open letter questioning Kerry's fitness to serve as Commander-in-Chief.

Photograph of John Kerry meeting with Comrade Do Muoi, General Secretary of the Communist Party of Vietnam, in Vietnam, July 15-18, 1993. Photo taken in the War Remnants Museum (formerly the "War Crimes Museum") in Saigon in May 2004.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Crazy151, if that happened to your cousin, then that is truly appaling.

LABD

• Robdar
    Robdar

My friends got spit on too. But it wasn't Kerry who did it.

Got any sources that say that Kerry spit on our soldiers?

Robyn

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

No he just extended the war 7 years. No big deal.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I would rather have my bene's cut then have a leader who back-stabbed every Vietnam vet and extended the war another 7 years.

Crazy, I didn't know that you are a vet. *learns something new everyday* When did you serve? What division?

Robyn

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Got any sources that say that Kerry spit on our soldiers

Did I say that Kerry spat on the soliders? I didn't say that, you did.

The fact is Kerry is a liar, you saw the reports posted here about 11 men who said about Kerry's statement about what happened in Vietnam. All 11 men said it was not true. So you do the math and figure out who's the liar there.

Another fact is that Kerry turncoated his fellow soldiers when he came back home to the US, joined the ranks of the anti-war movement like Jane Fonda. He talked smack about our soldiers fighting in Vietnam against the Communists wanting to take over the country.

What kind of a freedom fighting soldier is he, who represented the very freedom and ideals that America holds dear and throw mud and dirt at it? It makes me sick to see someone like Kerry and even Bill Clinton doing this. Bill went to the Soviet Union, a Communist nation to protest the war. The US should have never let Slick Willie back in on US soil after what he pulled.

When you see a Vet, thank him or even her for the freedom they provided for you in order to sit in front of a computer and make postings on forums like JWD.

Yiz

• Robdar
    Robdar
    No he just extended the war 7 years. No big deal.

He did? So, let's see, you are saying that the Vietnam War would have ended in 1966--the year Kerry enlisted? (If you are counting from late 1964 to 1973 when the peace treaty was signed. Or, are you counting to 1975 when Saigon fell?) You are saying that the Viet Nam conflict would have ceased to be in a little over a year of US involvement if it weren't for Kerry testifying in 1971? Sorry, I don't follow your argument.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit