Michael Moore--Bill O'Reilly finally, on Foxnews tonight

by sf 123 Replies latest social current

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Explosive interview...my ass.

No meat here. I was disappointed in the entire segment.

Yepper, gotta agree with you.

• TonyT
    TonyT

I agree... no meat to the interview. As much as I dislike him, the multi-millionaire.... errr regular guy from the upper east side err...Flint Michigan, held his own.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I actually thought the Ben Afleck interview was pretty good...and better than the Michael Moore interview by far. I ALMOST have respect for Ben. The Moore interview...pretty much a none issues...it was fun to watch Moore try to wiggle and reshape on the first question. He, and those like him, will never be able to admit Bush didn't lie, and that he acted appropriately to the intelligence he was given.

• Golf
    Golf

For anyone interested in the transcript.

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,127236,00.html

As O'Reilly always says, "We'll let the audience decide."

Guest 77

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Corvin,

Yeru, there is a helluva lot more evidence and facts to support what MM asserts about Bush than Bush can come up with to support his reasoning for invading a country that does not want the US there. BUSH IS A LIAR and a FRAUD.

Repeating this bull shit over and over again doesn't make it true.

• little witch
    little witch

Thanks for the link Golf. I just read the transcript, and thats about what I expected. A bunch of rapid-fire one liners, while they hurry along before the dreaded commercial break. LOL

I am no clearer on MM's ideas, nor on Bill O'Reilly's. I would have rather they debated one or two issues than do this jab and weave routine. What really gets me is that these supposed news shows actually think this is what the audience wants to see. Despite all our political views here on the forum, the one thing we seem to have in common is that we are not impressed.

And now, a word from our sponser.......

• Golf
    Golf

LW, "Despite all our political views here on the forum, the one thing we seem to have in common is that we are not impressed."

Thanks for the laugh, how true, how true.

Guest 77

• rem
    rem

>>"So, tell me, Mr. O'Reilly, would you sacrifice your child to free Fallujah?"

Actually, I think it's a stupid question - an appeal to emotion fallacy. No sane person would want to sacrifice their child to free fallujah, and no san person would want to sacrifice their child to save people from a burning building in the United States.

The question is as bogus as "have you stopped beating your wife?"

These are not children going to Iraq. They are professionals who made their own decision to take on a risky profession, just as firefighters or police do. Going into foreign countries and fighting has been a well known aspect of US foriegn policy for quite some time. Especially after the Gulf War, the possibility of re-entering Iraq should not have been a surprise to anyone.

rem

• dubla
    dubla

rob-

It's really funny how O'Reilly called MM a "Bush hater" after the interview was over and MM was not around to defend himself against the charge.

do you really think moore would disagree with that statement? i didnt watch the interview, just browsed this thread.......i just dont think moore would have to "defend" himself against a "charge" to which he has openly and vociferously declared himself (that being that he hates bush).

aa

• Robdar
    Robdar

Dubla,

I doubt seriously if MM hates Bush. Probably dislikes him quite a bit though. Hatred is a strong word.

These are not children going to Iraq. They are professionals who made their own decision to take on a risky profession, just as firefighters or police do. Going into foreign countries and fighting has been a well known aspect of US foriegn policy for quite some time. Especially after the Gulf War, the possibility of re-entering Iraq should not have been a surprise to anyone.

sorry, REM, I believe that 18, 19 and 20 year olds are children. It doesn't matter if they are 25, they are still the children of their parents.

Regardless of the age of the "professionals", they were put into that war because of a lie. There were no WMD in Iraq and Sadam was not a threat to the American way of life.

What has beating your mate got to do with this topic? Your argument is merely an attempt to mislead from the real issues.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit