What are Americans taught about U.S and what do you really believe?

by sleepy 160 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• sleepy
    sleepy

Aalena I disagree. 1.I haven?t really mentioned American government. I did mention what I have heard American president says and asked whether this was a prevailing viewpoint. 2.What have I generalized about? Having said a certain point of view comes across from American media, and asked whether Americans believe that to be true? 3.What points have I been reasoned on and have dismissed? 4.As to offering solutions to a problem, if a majority of Americans don?t see their country as superior to theirs there isn?t one. I would suggest though that the American media do not show so much bias, and do their country a disservice by misrepresenting them.

• sleepy
    sleepy

Buy the way I note that no one has denied that bias is shown in American media......

• blondie
    blondie

Bias is shown in every news media. It is not possible to filter it out completely.

Blondie

• sleepy
    sleepy

It's the degree. Good night and God bless.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    There are democracies all over the world. The US democracy is only the oldest, today.

Hey, what about Iceland? It's had legislative democracy continuously since AD 930 (except for a few decades between 1800 and 1844). It is the direct ancestor of the current Icelandic parliament.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    We have freedom of press, worship, gunner ownership, we elected our leaders, etc.

"here, watch american gladiators...." etc

• Simon
    Simon
    The US democracy is only the oldest, today

I thinjk you probably need to do some research into history & world affairs etc...

that's no different than any other democracy

Well, it seems that now only multi-millionaires can become president. I personally think that this is very unhealthy as it alienates a large percentage of the electorate and could mean someone is more interested in business dealings that serving the Amercan people.

Oops! Sorry!

---------------------> http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/22/75361/1.ashx

Didn't know!

No problem at all We're just trying to stop politics becoming the *main* thing rather than just one topic.
  • Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    America is the land of the free because it allows gun ownership?????? You'll have a debate on what freedom means there if your not careful. Crazy151drinker if you don't realise other countries have these freedoms and more your delusional. All of the other points are true of many other countries some to an even greater degree. the true test of freedom is not what is in law but how freedoms are put into practise.

Sleepy, gun ownership is only part of it. Its the COMBINATION of all these rights that makes us unique. Many countires have some of our rights, but what other country has all of them?? On top of that- they are WRITTEN down, not implied by previous court case. And IMHO LEGAL gun ownership helps keep us Free from our wonderfull government. So you have a combination of a written Constitution of Rules that says the Govt cant *bleep* us and an economic system that goes with it. So we have Religion, Govt, and Economics that benefits the people. Good stuff. By all means, come over :) P.S. Thank you for the Magna Charta ;)

• Simon
    Simon
    And IMHO LEGAL gun ownership helps keep us Free from our wonderfull government

What? Like Waco?

You just all get to kill more of each other faster.

So you have a combination of a written Constitution of Rules that says the Govt cant *bleep* us and an economic system that goes with it. So we have Religion, Govt, and Economics that benefits the people. Good stuff. By all means, come over :)

Three words come to mind. Poor, deluded and fool.

• gypsywildone
    gypsywildone

Ah, but Simon, in America anyone can become a MILLIONAIRE!

Simon, why do you seem so obsessed by America & American citizens, anyway?

What's up with the Brits?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit