How Many Here Are "Technically" Still JWs???... Who's Not??

by minimus 110 Replies latest jw friends

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

I was disfellowshipped 17 years ago for locking horns with an elder over one of his numerous personal opinions. This same elder led that Committee that disfellowshipped me. I was labeled an Apostate.

The truth is, I simply had a big mouth and they wanted to silence me.

• minimus
    minimus

What did your big mouth say for them to think you were an apostate?

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

I'm haven't been counted for nearly 7 years. I was inactive for 6 months prior and irregular for 2 years before that. Current status - unknown. To my knowledge I haven't been DF'd and I haven't formally DA'd but by my actions I could be regarded as DA'd. At least all my siblings, including the JW ones have been in contact recently. The whole family, minus JW parents will be together in one spot in a few weeks. I haven't seen some brothers for nearly 10 years.

3rd

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Inactive.....had a heart to heart talk with a friend in the parking lot after the Memorial in 1998 and never went back...well, accept to drop my mom off and pick her up at times.

I am just inactive. Have had local brothers in my new home come by, I told them I know where the hall isthank you very much. Mom says I have turned back on god...sigh...but she does not treat me as Dfd or Dad.

Although, if I HAD to be disfellowshipped...not that i want to go through that because of my mom....I think being Dfd for being an apostate is the coolest reason there is.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE
    I'm viewed as a Witness still because I am not df'd or disassociated

Yep.................me to!

• blondie
    blondie

w84 6/1 p. 22 Never Forget You Are a Witness!

Are we like the first-century Christians if we are irregular Kingdom publishers who rarely engage in witnessing activity? Can we rightly call ourselves Jehovah?s Witnesses if we say little or nothing to others about our hope?

• IT Support
    IT Support

kls

IT support, so you are saying that we who have just left the org, are still considered a jw? If that don't give me the creeps.

Yes. As Mulan correctly said, we're considered as 'inactive.'

Unless, of course, we disassociate ourselves, but even then the cards would still not be destroyed.

Regards,

Ken

• IT Support
    IT Support

Minimus,

I think Cas, I mean IT is right on this one.......BTW, how is old Caspian doing these days, IT??

No idea, haven't seen him around lately. Why not ask him yourself?

Regards,

Ken

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    I'm still associated and in good standing. How little they know.

yup, me too!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

w84 6/1 p. 22 Never Forget You Are a Witness!

Are we like the first-century Christians if we are irregular Kingdom publishers who rarely engage in witnessing activity? Can we rightly call ourselves Jehovah?s Witnesses if we say little or nothing to others about our hope?

I beg to differ with the meaning of this quote. It does not say that one is no longer considered by them to be a witness, ie, within their jurisdiction. Rather , it acts as a conscience pricker to the reader to say "Am I really acting as a witness"

Incidentally it is a slur on the thousands of loyal dubs who can only turn in a small report

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit