How Many Here Are "Technically" Still JWs???... Who's Not??

by minimus 110 Replies latest jw friends

• caspian
    caspian
    I think Cas, I mean IT is right on this one.......BTW, how is old Caspian doing these days, IT??

Min...you can be a right dipstick sometimes.

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

I say I determine my religious identity, not some archane set of rules of theirs.

I'm not known as a JW by anyone in my community and make no pretence of being a JW. Thus, I say I'm not a JW, even though I never did the DF/DA thing.

• justhuman
    justhuman

Techinically I am a JW!!!

It is strange that they haven't disfellowship me yet. I talk with the elders of the my cong regarding my doubts(587 -1914 and Russells funny ideas about numerology and pyramids). Then I talk with the Circuit Overseer and the District Overseer the same matter. After that I started the fading out process.

I go once a month to the meetings and report 1 hour field service 2 magazines and one recall visit for the past 3 years!!!

Why they don't do anything since they know all about me still don't know

• tonyend
    tonyend

I am considered an "inactive" JW. Except for going to the memorial with my JW wife, I haven't been to a meeting in over 1 year. My card is now in a new cong since my wife switched. Funny thing is it's a foreign language cong. ;-)

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

> The point I am making is that some JWs, including elders, do have this opinion that one is not a JW unless one "witnesses about Jehovah" and proves it by turning in a time slip.

I remember that once in service I asked an Elder about an individual we just met if he was a JW. He replied: "He is a brother, but not a Witness."

• minimus
    minimus

Justhuman, as long as you continue turning in time, in their eyes, you can't be all bad. You're just weak.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    I think Cas, I mean IT is right on this one.......BTW, how is old Caspian doing these days, IT??
    Min...you can be a right dipstick sometimes.

Gotta agree with Caspian, on this one, Minimus.
    Months ago I informed folks that they are not the same person. I have met Ken, and whilst I have never met Caspian, I have spoken to him on the phone. Just as another point of note, this thread will probably be a keeper for Bethel, as a nice concise list of those they may wish to target for burrowing out... And to answer your question - I DA'ed 6th January 2001 - I'm well and truly out.

• caspian
    caspian
    Just as another point of note, this thread will probably be a keeper for Bethel, as a nice concise list of those they may wish to target for burrowing out...

Good point made there Ross

• minimus
    minimus

Do you really think Bethel would keep a list from this thread? I doubt it.

• sleepy
    sleepy

I'm still technically a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit