How Many Here Are "Technically" Still JWs???... Who's Not??

by minimus 110 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    there have been statements by the WTS that if you are not "preaching" that you are no longer considered a JW.

That's right. I remember that. Since I have not turned in time in 2 or 3 years, I hereby officially consider myself NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Thanks for that insight, Blondie

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I was never baptized but was a descent speaker. I'm apparently the one they wish would come back.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

Well, I have not received a reply yet to my DA letter I sent last week so I think - yes, technically I am still a JW...

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Personally, I consider myself a recovering JW. This is my group therapy session.

That's my position, too.

• minimus
    minimus

Tuesday, you are a descent speller too.

• minimus
    minimus

I just had a JW come by my work. Casually, she asked me which Hall I go to? I said, "My cards are in --------"....She asked, ":Are you still going to meetings??" I said, "No". She then said, "Why?? was it because of someone hurting you? You could always come to my Hall." I said, No, that it isn't the reason. I choose not to discuss it." She said, "Is it something you don't agree with the religion?" My answer, "Like I said....I'm not going to talk about my reasons". She ended off by saying she was shocked that I wasn't going and hoped I'd reconsider........

• doogie
    doogie

German,

Well, I have not received a reply yet to my DA letter I sent last week so I think - yes, technically I am still a JW...

don't hold your breath...

• freedom96
    freedom96

I have not been df'd, and I have not da'd myself. To each their own, but for me, doing so would be allowing the WTS to have some sort of control over me.

If I don't believe what they teach, why should I allow myself to be df'd, or especially why should I da myself?

As far as their claim that if you don't act like a witness, then they don't consider you one; they may ignore you until they have something to pin on you. And they will go after you.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>don't hold your breath...

well, they are quite accurate about that these days in Germany because they want to get registered as a public corporation...

• dolphman
    dolphman

I got pronounced bad association when I was 17 or so. When the Elder made the announcement I let out a weird demonic laugh. I don't know where it came from. Something about the moment made me squeal out a primal laugh that was both exhuberant and constricting.

I'm 30 now, so it's been well over 10 years. Most of the other kids I knew are all disfellowshipped or inactive. I know maybe a handful who are sticking it out. They are some of the most depressed people I've ever seen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit