How Many Here Are "Technically" Still JWs???... Who's Not??

by minimus 110 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan
    I'm sure that I'm viewed as a Witness still because I am not df'd or disassociated.....What about you???

Same here. We were told by the local elders that we are officially inactive.

• sunshineToo
    sunshineToo

I am not.

• minimus
    minimus

How is my dear Sunshine???

• kls
    kls

IT support, so you are saying that we who have just left the org, are still considered a jw? If that don't give me the creeps.

• minimus
    minimus

I think Cas, I mean IT is right on this one.......BTW, how is old Caspian doing these days, IT??

• wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

Min,

That sister that you had to endure at work is a 'typical witness'. She demonstrated the extent of what she has learned in that spiritual paradise that she gets to enjoy. I'm sure her lament for you not attending was because you are missing out on what she believes she has. If her sincere wish was to see you back, then she should have been more encouraging rather than trying to pry answers from you.

They are not qualified to assess anyone's spirituality. The problems being experienced by the org is the result of very bad shepherding. That's no one's fault but their own.

I wish that I could believe that they can reform, but that's not even worth a prayer or hope. As they say, "Jehovah will take care of things in his own due time". They can enjoy their distortion in the meantime.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Disfellowshipped for apostasy 38 years ago. The best thing the Watchtower Society ever did for me.

• senselessly sane
    senselessly sane

I'm not sure what they'd call me, since I was never baptised, but I was raised in he "truth", though by my last years of high school we weren't going regularly and never did field service. In college, I mostly distanced myself, with spurts of regular Sunday attendance when the guilt woudl hit me. This was the first year I didn't go to the Memorial. My mom called me that night to tell me my dad had partaken - and I do wonder at the eyebrows that must have raised, since he doesn't attend very regularly, and no one else in his family does either.

Anyway, I'm guessing I'm either inactive or no londer considered a witness.

-Naomi

• Deleted
    Deleted

Minimus, I learned a lot from a therapist, free minds and support4xjws is a short period of time (Jan 99 onwards). I talked to six people on the way out and 5 of them told me they couldn't leave. But I wasn't asking them to leave, just for them to understand I had to go before I got myself into trouble telling everyone it was a whopping lie. So I wished I had taken my departure slowly and not tell everyone the truth about "the truth". You know what they used to say about new dubs? - you should lock them up for six months so they don't alienate their families. Same for xdubs, I guess. Glen, who once was Deleted.

• minimus
    minimus

DELETED, thanks for your response. It shows us that there's no reason to jump into exposing the "truth" unless we really are ready to do it and accept the consequences.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit