How Many Here Are "Technically" Still JWs???... Who's Not??

by minimus 110 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

I realize that Min,I can't figure it out either. I haven't visitedmy old congregation in over ten years. My last visit was a funeral. And everyone was surprised, I didn't look like an apostate. long hair, beard, smoking, etc.

• blondie
    blondie

We're inactive but there have been statements by the WTS that if you are not "preaching" that you are no longer considered a JW.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

I would use that statement to say that if I'm no longer a JW, then the elders have no jurisdiction over me.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Technically I am a witness in Good Standing

• FairMind
    FairMind

I'm stiil an active (barely) JW. The WTS deserves much of the criticism leveled against them (such as we read about on web-sites such as this one) but there are benefits to living a clean, moral life and their teachings help support me in this endeavor. As far as WTS hypocrisy goes it just puts them on the same level as all other religions.

FM

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Technically I am still a JW. But my card is majorly dusty!

• JH
    JH

Blondie said:

there have been statements by the WTS that if you are not "preaching" that you are no longer considered a JW.

How do they know if you're not talking about the kingdom in your free time, either to friends or family and you just don't give in your time sheet every month?

• blondie
    blondie

JH

How do they know if you're not talking about the kingdom in your free time, either to friends or family and you just don't give in your time sheet every month?

It doesn't count unless you turn that slip in. They are serving humans who need those slips, not God who knows what you do without it.

Blondie

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Mentally and physically out--totally, but they still have me in the books. Most JWs think of me as "being weak" or "discouraged." I now refuse to speak with any of them about "spiritual" matters. I am presently trying to recover and pull myself together and when my nerves heal up a bit I will probably get a little bolder about what I say.

• franklin J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit