Go Get Em COSBY!!!

by Flash 211 Replies latest jw friends

• Corvin
    Corvin
    "Let me tell you something, your dirty laundry gets out of school at 2:30 every day, it's cursing and calling each other n------ as they're walking up and down the street," Cosby said during an appearance at the Rainbow/PUSH Coalition & Citizenship Education Fund's annual conference.

"They think they're hip," the entertainer said. "They can't read; they can't write. They're laughing and giggling, and they're going nowhere."

Of most people, and for obvious reasons, Cosby is in a good position to speak out with what needs to be changed among so many black youths. Sadly, though, this criticism is not limited to just blacks. It's a large portion of youth in general who share the same values Bill Cosby is denouncing.

Corvin

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

It's too bad that Cosby's only son and heir was killed by a carjacker, a crazy Russian immigrant who was trying to make a name for himself. I wonder what his son would say about what his father had to say that day? I'm pretty sure he would have been very proud of his dad. Yiz

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I for one agree that skin color did allow for more rapid assimilation among other ethnic groups.

All the Irish had to do was drop the blarney stone accent and they were in like Flynn. Can you really tell the difference between an Irishman and an Englishman by appearance only?

• JT
    JT

It's a shame how the poor and uneducated in this country are always the one everybody focuses attention on. ######### this would be a true statement if ALL WHO ARE POOR AND UNEDUCATED are that way by no fault of their own, but the fact is in the black community getting straight A's in your avg inner black High School is considered BEING WHITE- my granddad had to walk to shool as the white kid spit from the bus as it passed him and his bro walking, they went to school where they got the books handed down from the white schools, and the list goes on and on today in almost any school you will see some of the "poor" black kids wearing $150 air jordans- some people are poor and uneducated due to bad choices and as a black man myself that is a cop out- even if one is poor my mom says you can still be clean, if you got one pair of pants to wear to school you come home wash them and hang them up for the next day black parents tolerate things that black parents years ago don't as a black man i don't expect to be treated like a white man - that is reality i gave a speech here in washington dc at 3 inner schools over 125 students attending this little workshop encouraging them to get careers in Hi Tech fields as asked all of them if you get caught with 3 grams of crack and a guy from another community gets caught with 5 pounds of coke, who will get the most time and everyone agreed that they will probably get more time- then i asked them is this fair, and they all agreed it was not- then i asked them IF ALL IN THIS ROOM AGREE THAT you already Know going into the game of dealing drugs you will not be treated the same WHY ARE WE COMPLAINING AFTER we get caught if we Knew going in we would not be treated the same choices my people choices - in the black community we talk about Information is Power that is not completely true, information is wonderful but if you fail to act on it, it is useless stop and think of all the folks we have shown INFORMATION to about the wt and they still think this is the truth- so infomation by itself without any action is meaningless- if one believes he will not get a fair shake in life due to ones color then why put oneself in a position where that happens since leaving wt i have spoken to so many black groups about while there are many things we can blame white folks for and correctly so, but my concern is WHAT ABOUT THE THINGS WE ARE RESPONISBLE FOR- 70% of every black baby is born out of wedlock and as a tax payer i have to pay for hot sex that I DIDN'T EVEN PARTICPATE IN- WHITE FOLKS "Ain't" got nothing to do with me as a black man dropping my drawers and banging 5 balck women, getting them all pregnant and not taking care of any of the kid i father- so please!!!!!!!!!!1 there are many things that impact the black commmunity that can be blamed on others, yet i rareely see blacks looking at the things that can be blamed on us- when my dad was growing up he was taught respect even though as he puts it HE DIDN'T HAVE 2 NICKLES IN HIS POCKET the dress and docrum of many black youths speaks volume- I firmly beleive that a person should have the freedom and constituional right to wear what the ever he wants to, but this is the problem WHILE you got the right to wear THUG WEAR, you will be judged by that thug wear- i was interviewing for a Computer tech last year- kid had a great resume and by his name i knew he was black something like Leroy Davis- so here i am along with the HR person and one of the attorneys stops by and says what up, we told him doing an interview with a person, this fool walks in like he just left a Rap Video set- now here was a job starting out at $35,000 to about $47,000 not a bad pc of pocket change, the resume looked fine. but he was coming from DC gov and BET up on New York Ave- I knew what the dress standard was- he didn't get the job, = a few days later i called him up and told him that his presentation was not good and even he admitted that he realized it after he left- MISSED OPPORTUNITY due to bad choices- if he was working for the Wizards org or some gov agency pershaps he could have gotten away with that dress, but a Law Firm- not know when and where cost him an opportunity- so yes there are poor folks and uneducated folks, but make sure you be sure to ask WHY- and th answer is not ALWAYS DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND ONES CONTROL- i am 41 yrs old and living in nc grown up i PICKED COTTTON FOR MY SCHOOL clothes in the fall, being jw kid i could not Pick tobacco, which pays more so i had to pick cotton, yet at 41 today growing up as kid we picked cotton- not all farmers used equipment to pick their cotton- so playing the ME BE PO AND UNEDUCATED is for too many blacks a cop out- esp when being educated speaking well and being intelleigent is being white i would ask my young audience, if all that means BEING WHITE then what does bein Black mean and they would laugh for they realized just how foolish that reasoning is- now what will they do about it i don't know but hopefully some will realize being dumb and flunking in school ain't cool at all

• Tacky
    Tacky

I have to agree with JT.

I beleive that it is every one's option to rise above what you were raised with and be a better person and allow yourself to be educated - or not. My family - aunts, uncles, cousins are WHITE TRASH!!! Complete with dead cars lost in the weeds in the front yard and chewing tabacco stains on the sofa. But we - my family- rose above that. And, I chose to rise above that.

It doesn't matter where the books came from - it doesn't matter what condition they are in - they are still learning tools. They still contain the valuable information that will expand your mind and allow you to *THINK* and see that there is a better life, you just have to set your goals to rise above it all. The books still will teach you proper grammar and math skills necessary to rise above.

It is not someone else's fault, you are dealt a hand of cards, play them to the best of your ability. It is no one else's responsibility to hand you the world - you have to reach out and take it!

I have huge issues with the facct that everyone in our society points a finger and blames the next guy. This one is about race, the next person it's about gender, blah blah blah. STAND UP AND TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOURSEVES PEOPLE!!! No one cares about you, but YOU when it all comes down to it. Even your own mother will turn her back on you - how many here have been disfellowshipped and shunned by their own mother? Yup! Point made.

I think Bill is right on to take the bull by the horns and lay it all out on the table. He's right. Kids should have a better example to show them what they SHOULD be doing - speaking proper English, Dressing properly, and even basic hygene. I agree completely with Bill and JT.

Your future lies with you. If you say that you can't do it then you can't. Because the only one who is going to make it happen is you.

• wednesday
    wednesday

as usual great post JT. I'm a white woman, and my parents were white. Both my parents picked cotton. I had twin cousins that never got ot go to school, the mother was too poor to buy school supplies and no one provides much help here in Texas. They don't give too much stuff away here. I live in dallas county, a fairly nice area. but we live in the poor side. Grownig up here, we were the poor white trash,in both the cong and town. I have been called names and basically spit on myself, so i know it hurts, and demoralizes a person. Jws don't help much, by encourging kids not to go to college, and clean houses for a living. But i am an adult, and my father worked hard all his life. I can't ever remember him calling in sick. He worked in a trade, ;and he worked hard. No one gave us anything, just b/c we were white. As a matter of fact, being from this area, poor white trash is worse thna being black. Blacks get more respect than poor white trash. I can remember being told we were white N******. there are no grants or special help for poor whites. We are white, we should be able to make it, or so we were told. but u know, ignorance and all that does not really have a color.

As a RN, i worked with many races. the black nurses i worked with were often hard to get along with and not wanting to work as a team, except with other black nurses. Often their work was inferior and sloopy, but they kept their jobs b/c the mangemnet was afraid of racial lawsuits. They were quick to use the race card, and other nurses grew to have a intense dislike for them, not b/c they were black, but b/c of their work ethic. I did not have the same experience with other races. . Mnay behaved like Omanrosa form the fox reality show"the apprentice". that kind of behavior makes people dislike u, whatever your color.

I have a dream, when we all stop blaming others for things we can have some affect on.

and btw, if u check out those prisons, , u will find a lot of poor white people in them too.

I

• roybatty
    roybatty
    "Bill is saying let's fight the right fight, let's level the playing field," Jackson said. "Drunk people can't do that. Illiterate people can't do that."

The one thing that people like Bill Cosby are still too scared to address is the manner in which many black leaders use the system and cry "racism" for their own advantage. Cosby and Jackson are on opposite ends of this. While Cosby donated millions to help the black community, Jackson uses his connections and influence to line his own pocket.

http://http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1571/is_12_18/ai_84396673/pg_2

Until this ends, Cosby can rant and rave all he wants but it won't do any good. If I were a 20 something black American, working minimum wage while seeing the Rev. Jesse Jackson drive by in his new BMW or read about sons making millions off of the connections their daddy has, I'd be pissed.

• JT
    JT

Why are so many blacks putting themselves back into slavery to drugs and alcohol and crime even all this time their ancesors worked their asses off to ensure that their children and grandchildren and so on and on would have a better life than they ever did? @@ excellent question- i have posed this same issue before a number of young black kids- i think alot of it has to do with parents, when you consider that is is not uncommom to have a 35yr black man or woman who is a Grandparent- "Big Mamma" in the black community is a dying breed- as has been pointed out this applies across the board, but due to additional things that blacks have to deal with it becomes harder- case in point you have a white kid from the burbs, his ddday is a Project Manager for McDonald Douglas, about $135,000+ a yr, his son decides to go butt wild GREEN AND PURPLE MO-HAWK HAIR listen to rap and wears baggy jean showing his crack--- WELL AFTER A FEw years of running and acting foolish he decides he want to get a 2 pc charcoal grey suit, he cuts his hair it goes back to blond, he starts listening to Noah Jones now DADDY is able to at least offer him an opportunity thru contacts and connections that POOKEY who don't know who his father is along with the other 5 bro and sisters he has is not able to MOVE around now in different circles or Little Johnny gets picked up doing drugs- he has emotional problems needs help, his folks hire a nice K Street lawyer here in DC. ---dad used to coach the soccer team the judges little son is on----they are who are outstanding citizens in the commnutity reassure the court that he will get family counsel and profesion help is given 200hrs of communtiy service Now Leroy once again don't know who his daddy is , momma is on welfare , lives in the projects with her other 4 kids, can't even get to court the day of his trail , got a public defender who met him 10min before his case, gets 20yrs to life ( ok i'm stretching it a bit) 2 different out comes for the same crime- now for many blacks they would focus on the injustice and rightly so, but for me i take it a step further, that litle story i just related ALMOST EVERY BLACK person knows that is how it will play out for their fate and this is where my problem is IF YOU KNOW THAT YOU will not get an even shake then one must be smart and avoid this situation, that is what cosby was talking about when he related stealing the Pound cake and getting shot in the back by the police excessive force perhaps so, but what the Hell you doing stealing the dam Pound cake- most black in my personal exp don't commit crimes cause they are hungry- if so i would be the first to plead their case my wife pulls up to gas her car, unlike me when i was 10 and taught to respect adult, "Ms would you like for me to pump your gas" , these kids will say "BIC%@ give me the F*&King keys before i put a cap in your A$$" and my wife who calls me to tell me the car has been carjacked is suppose to say "James the WHITE MAN made these wonderful little boys steal out car" yea right now to and insult to injury, THE PARENTS OF TOO MANY of these kids will stand with them despite this foolishness my ddaddy told me boy if you get arrested fri sat night out with some fools don't call and wake me and your momma up and we ain't paying any of the grocery money to get your Black A$$ out on bail, you will have to sit there till your court date and my dad was serious as a heart attack and i knew it

• JT
    JT

By CHRISTOPHER JOHN FARLEY this writer is a joke, let this writer submit his work to his editor in ?Black Vernacular? and tell this editor the following:

? but they should also be taught that vernacular black culture has worth.?

He missed the

• JT
    JT

Cosby is just hitting the target. That hurts.

bottom line-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit