Go Get Em COSBY!!!

by Flash 211 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

bigboi

Pulling together as a community, the Irish built parishes that educated their children, cared for their orphans and their sick, and served as a social and political center for their lives.

See the difference? The irish worked together, helping each other.

Finally, as the Irish gained status and economic security they made no effort to ensure that their African neighbors shared their successes.

Why should the irish take care of afrikans?

S

• bigboi
    bigboi

I think James Brown said it best.

"I don't want nobody to give me nuthin. Open up the door, and I'll get it myself."

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Lol worse part about this. Most of us black kids won't even read this crap. We still listenin to our boop bop music calling each other n-----s all day.

All of the factors people have said in this chat makes up the reason why black kids and grown ups are in the crap shape. Our own fault and part of everything else from the history to the things that the government are doing now to different prejudices to everything.

Come on... 13% of black folks do drugs but 55% get arrested. 'nuff said. I have more of a chance to be in jail till im 30 than to get 30k a year.

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Im not doubting Irish people had a hard time but come on... Comparing it to what black folks went through is just dunno... Not the same. (Not sayin it's not none of the black folks fault just sayin what happened to em.)

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Bigboi...............

Nothing is OWED to anybody...........that is like saying that if you are willing to work your ass off for what you have.........and I am a lazy bastard and don't want to work, but expect to be spoon fed........that part of what you earn should take care of me.............please don't take offense at what I say........but why should your or my labors take care of the "don't give a damn.........I'm entitled crowd?" We (in America) all go to the same schools with the same teachers...........so I will not believe that a Jew, or oriental or whatever color or race in the same class as a person of another color or culture (this is just a comparison) and the Jew or the oriental goes on to become a lawyer or some other professional making 6 figures.........and the other person says that the education process is not good and goes on public assistance for the rest of his or her life.........and blame someone or something for their own failures..........the blame is not on society.........it is to be blamed on the failure of the individual of the family of this individual for being negligent and feeling entitled also. On the other hand........I DO believe in government assistance for those individuals who have grown up in adverse conditions and want to exceed in their personal growth and education................but everyone needs to STOP blaming the hard working and entrpenurial people who want to exceed for society's ills. If it wasn't for the people who start businesses where would us working class be?

Sounds like a republican chant here but I am in no way........a diehard republican.........more like a repdemocrat or demopublican...........POLITICS SUCK!

I just believe that everyone can go as far as they are willing to dream and carry it out.

OK.........I'm done with my soapbox public talk..........(gee.......wonder what would be said if I gave this talk at one of the district conventions I used to speak at)? Confused

Hey.........I love everyone here.......don't be mad at me for my opinion.

HappyDad

• bigboi
    bigboi

You forgot something.

they weren't slaves. They were able to bring with them the structure of their Irish heritage in the form of the Catholic Church

Why should the irish take care of afrikans?

It didn't say to take care of them. It merely said to help them share in their successes that they were able to attain because of certain advantages that they possessed when they came here. Big difference.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Nothing is OWED to anybody

Happydad,

Everybody is owed their basic civil rights as a human being.

I didn't get as far as that because I didn't want to get a seizure reading that post.

However, Black people make up 13 percent of the population and only 11% of welfare rolls. Sixty-six percent of that 11% are children who cannot care for themselves. So chances are you're not taking care of anybody Black.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    Everybody is owed their basic civil rights as a human being.

Bigboi

If I may ask a question? Do you see any parallels between the move for civil rights and equality between blacks and women of every color? It seems to me that movements for such parallel one another, forgive me if you think my question trite.

Cassi, not trying throw more questions your way or pick on you. This has always intrigued me.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Do you see any parallels between the move for civil rights and equality between blacks and women of every color?

I think they are all one and the same. They do have their own unique set of complexities, but the premise is still one of assimilation and opportunity. The basic freedom to live out one's life to it's fullest, unencumbered by discrimination. I know it sounds sickeningly idealistic, but if we are constantly reaching for that high ideal, then society will be that much better.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    I know it sounds sickeningly idealistic, but if we are constantly reaching for that high ideal, then society will be that much better.

I don't think it sounds sickeningly idealistic at all. And I agree that if we aim high we may come up short at times but aim higher next time.

I think without over simplyfing matters that one culture ( black) and that of women have been fighting for the same at times or many times with a different outcome-- one which favors the woman. And I am trying to figure out why the difference is there and so prominent.

Cassi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit