Go Get Em COSBY!!!

by Flash 211 Replies latest jw friends

• gladtobefree
    gladtobefree

First I want to say that I love the post from JT. I think you said it even better that Bill.

Bigboi said

"How many East Indians are there in the US? Are they truly assimilated or do they tend to live in their own parts of town....like Chinese immigrants and Hispanic and Blacks?"

Well, walk into any hospital in big cities accross the US. Also check the phone books. Seems to me that there are A LOT of East Indian doctors. Both men and women. I had an east Indian Dr in Fl. She was very dark and her name was Sunita. She was an immagrant and she was doing very well for herself despite being dark.

I am not saying that EVERYONE can be a Dr., but I do believe that people can overcome. I do think that it is very unfair that a lot of black youths today are raised by lazy drug using parents. The same goes for all races. I do believe that the black community has it harder in a lot of ways. I had a very close friend that was a young black man. He was a JW and his parents were too. He was 19 and he had a really nice new SUV. He lived with his parents and bought it with money he earned working at a legitamate job. He was pulled over by police regularly. Yet he was never ticketed because they never found anything to ticket him for. I DO believe the ONLY reason they pulled him over again and again was because he was a 19 year old black man in a $30,000 vehicle. They thought he was a drug dealer. But he was patient and respectful every time. And he was never arrested and he is living a very good life now (other than being a JW ;o) I think it was HORRIBLY unfair the way they treated him. But he made choices that he knew would benefit HIM in the end. I think that he is the kind of person that could (if not for being a JW) go out as a successful black man and help affect changes. He can fight against all that he was put through for being black. But rebeling by not getting your education and following the styles of the CRIMINALS that started the baggy clothes look so they could shoplift easily (and I KNOW that is what started that. I had 2 brothers in gangs and they ALWAYS wore baggy clothes so they could stuff 10 pairs of $75 jeans in their pants and no one would notice. Makes a good place to hide their guns too.)Paggy clothes profiling IS NOT racial. It is about spotting possible shop lifters/criminals. So while there is a lot that black youths have to fight against we have a great deal of very successful black people that came from the same slums and ghettos that many are still in today. They had to fight harder, but souldn't that make the victory sweeter?

I also want to know why, if so many black people are upset at the way they are treated, why oh why do so many black people treat light skinned blacks or mixed children so badly? My sister married a black man and they have a son. Her husband, although having a good job and oppertunities decided to hang out with his gangster buddies and ended up on drugs and just becoming a real loser. My sister is a white women raising a black son on her own. He is the most beautiful boy! She is raising him around a lot of his black relatives and trying to give him his culture without exposing him to the "gangster" class. But a LOT of the people they encounter are very hateful towards him. Why would they do this instead of embracing him, or at least treating him like any other black person. They have encountered some white people that are like that, but more black people treat him bad. They act like he somehow, because of having a white mother, has betrayed them. Like he is a "sell out". For GAWDS SAKE! He is too young to be a sell out! He is still a VERY SMALL CHILD!

I really would like to know the answer to that.....

• JT
    JT

bigboi

The victim card gets tired after being played too many times.

S

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@2 I have no problem if the victim card is legit- case in point a woman says that daddy abused the daughter, if true no problem but if mom wants the child in a custody case and has nothing to work with and decides to throw the abuse card on the table that is a problem same with crying rape or sexaual harrasment on a job or anythng for that reason Cry wolf only makes it harder for the next person who may have a legit case- and there things in the black community that black folks can address when i hear folks complain about THE WAY BILL DID IT i laugh for it reminds us of wt, if you ask wt a question YOU GOT TO ASK IT THE RIGHT WAY- "Dear bro i know i am dumb and stupid but i didn';t understand the article on the change of gen 1914 so will you bro be so kind as to help little old me to understand for i am not questioning you i just don't understand cause i am alittle slow" this is what any black person, poster, writer, etc sound like when they talk about "Well i don';t like the way he did it or where he did it" instead of addressing the issues raised - they address the messager for years Louis Farakan of the Nation of Isllam has been saying the same basic thing my grad dad always said there are 2 things in life, 1 THINGS YOU CAN CONTROL 2 THINGS YOU CAN'T the things you can control - control them and the ones you can't work to influence thsoe who can we can't make white folks like us, that is something a white person must come to decide, but i dam sure enough don't have to walk to some old black grandma and pistol whip her Black folks change and control the things you can within your commuiity and work to influence the others- when a black person decides to buy $10,000 spinning rims to put on a $2,000 car the white man didn't do that I'm sorry, there are things that we can control in our own homes and commuinities- when i was at bethel i was in Harlem and the Nation had a temple around 125 and lenox i think and it was during the Crack era and this guy preaching made the comment that the white man could back a 18 wheeler full of crack to the front door of the temple and a Muslium would not take it-a and why due to self respect an a value system- there was a time if a black kid came home with a bike, he folks would ask WHO DID YOU STEAL THAT FROM since we didn't buy and you ain't got no job today black kids come home in "S600" and no one ask then when he get shot by the PO Po or a deal goes down wrong, then they on tv talking about MY BABY DIDNT DESERVE TO DIE O JESUS O JESUS

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

JT, laying it down. Glad to see you back posting dude, you're one of my all time faves here.

• wednesday
    wednesday

JT, wednesday here. I know u have had a lot of respone, u always do, we like u. But i would like u to read my post, if u will, and respond. thanks. weds

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Of most people, and for obvious reasons, Cosby is in a good position to speak out with what needs to be changed among so many black youths. Sadly, though, this criticism is not limited to just blacks. It's a large portion of youth in general who share the same values Bill Cosby is denouncing.

Corvin,

That's what I have the biggest problem with. IMO, you'd never see a white guy of Cosby's stature come out on the scene and denigrate the white youth. Sadly when it comes to the Black Elite in America there is far too much talk and very little action, outside of getting white folks attention through the media. Then there is an uproar, they get their little funding for thier variious groups, nothing gets done and 5 years later they start the cycle all over again.

JT,

Of course the way he addressed the issue is of prime concern. In one of your posts earlier you said you went to schools and addressed the students themselves. What's wrong with Bill or Jesse or any of those Black activists doing the same. I have no doubt that the man thing holding us back nowadays is us. However, I wouldn't place the blame solely on the people. Any criticism in that regard, given in this manner must include an evaluation of the socioeconomic problems that plague the inner-city. It would be disingeneous not ot include that in the discourse.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    when a black person decides to buy $10,000 spinning rims to put on a $2,000 car the white man didn't do that

Why the hell things like these continue to come up in discussions like this, I have no idea.

I know plenty of dudes with spinners. I don't know anybody that actually paid $10,000 for one set. Athough I do know a guy who paid 12,000 for two sets. It diddn't hurt him much though, he owns a fleet of dump trucks. I think as along as he earns his money the honest way I don't care what he chooses to spend it on. White folks and everyone else spend money on silly things too, nobody chalks that up to anyhting negative.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    this writer is a joke, let this writer submit his work to his editor in ?Black Vernacular? and tell this editor the following:

That wasn't what he was advocating. Did you read the rest of the article. Few people in this country speak the Queen's English. I've worked with white and black people the majority of my life and few of them spoke perfect English.

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Bill Cosby does it again.

Look at the "good" Rev. Jackson! He must have been thinking, "What an Uncle Tom!"

Just one point, and since I really didn't go through the other posts, I may be redundant, but what if a white Republican or say a Clarence Thomas or J.C. Watts had said this?

Food for thought.

LABD

• JT
    JT

Come on... 13% of black folks do drugs but 55% get arrested.

#########

THIS POSTER ACTUALLY makes my point about the problem with black folks, his stats can be quoted by almost every black person

as i would tell students if you know that you will not be treated the same as a white kid THEN WHY DO IT-

IF you were to interview those 13% who do drugs and ask

"Leroy if you got caught by the PO PO will you more likely go to a drug treatment place where they can put cucumbers on your eyes and you can listen to music by JohN Tish or will you black behind end up at Rikers island and i will put money on it that 99.44/100 of those black folks will say

I will not get a fair shake if i get caught- THEN WHY DO DRUG OR SELL DRUGS

if i know the KKK is buring a cross down some country road, i as an american citizen got the right to drive down there, but once the got my behind up a tree "Rights" mean nothing, once again too many things in life are about making the right choices, are there things that other do that make ones life hard, yes,

look at how wt has duped all of us, yet once we learn or get knowledge of that fact, why am i still going out selling wt if i know that it's not the truth as believed

one must take knowledge and use it to benifit onself and others- i tell young black kids all the time don't get caught up in the legal system for if you do - don't EXPECT to be treated fairly or equally as others-

so why go into some liquor store and pull out a Mac 10 and wonder why you got 45yrs to life - knowing full well THE SYSTEM was not going to treat you fairly - that borders on being a FOOL

• Larry
    Larry

Another good read, thanks for posting that Flash -

What I like about this subject is that it opens the way for meaningful discussions. In order for better relationships between races to forge ahead, open dialogue has to take place. Unfortunately, when this problem is discuss it brings the worst out in people. I think we need to ask ourselves why does this topic generates so much emotion?

Often times when we discuss this we talk about the surface issues, but this subject matter goes beyond what we see or what we think we see. I think when we openly discuss the core problems it will lessen the problem WEB Dubois mentioned that now applies in the 21st century ""The problem of the twentieth century is the problem of the color-line." - W.E.B. DuBois, The Souls of Black Folk

, February, 1903.

Anyway, just a few comments on what was said:

big boi - What he's saying has been said before it's nothing new

~ Amen

Dan the Man - That is an interesting article bigboi, and I think Chris Rock's approach to the problem is far better than grumpy-old-man Bill's.

~ Oddly enough, I think CR is instrumental in this issue. B/C during his comedic commentary both races actually think about the problem - they may not during the laughter but it hits them later. That's the genius of CR. I'll never forget when he talked about trading places with him, and he is rich! :)

XQS - I have seen more money invested in spinning rims and woofers than tuition percapita in my "hood"

~ I agree, but I don't see that in my 'hood.'

Yiz - Just the same they called Clarance Thomas one [uncle tom] as he became a US Supreme Court Judge.

~ Well, they didn't call CT an UT b/c he became a SC Judge, they called him an UT b/c he opposed the very things that got him into Yale and on the bench.

Satanus - There was a time when irish were treated worse that blacks.

~ Don't think so, it doesn't really matter, but I still doubt it.

big boi - Everybody is owed their basic civil rights as a human being.

~ AMEN! Now that's the American I want.

el kabong - Schizzle my Hizzle my fizzle or whatever it's called is NOT going to pay the bills or put food on the table for anybody except for Snoop Doggy Dog.

~ Ain't that the truth. Now we are talking about one of the root causes of racist - Capitalism.

JT - as a black man i don't expect to be treated like a white man - that is reality.

~ So true, In fact that's one of the biggest differences in the races - Minorities are judged immediately by their skin color before they are judged by anything else. Other people may be judge by their credentials first, but for the most part, not Black folks. We can been seen a 'miles away' and a decision is made one way or the other. Same applys for women, handicap, etc.

JT - and as a tax payer i have to pay for hot sex that I DIDN'T EVEN PARTICPATE IN

~ Excellent observation and a damn funny one at that :)

roy batty - While Cosby donated millions to help the black community, Jackson uses his connections and influence to line his own pocket.

~ Bingo! JJ is all about the title of his latest book "It's all about the Money."

Final thought on color - When I was in Germany, it was one of the few times I didn't feel like I was a 'Black Man.' I felt like was a damn tourist and an American, but not a 'Black Man'. I didn't feel the daily pressures I feel when I come to work every morning in the city. Yes, Just being a 'Black Man' in Corporate America could be one of the hardest job in America and it could also be one of the most rewarding :)

Peace - LL :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit