Go Get Em COSBY!!!

by Flash 211 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi

Have you read the rest of the thread?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

The problem is the haves have a patriacal society and the have nots a matriacal one. THe only way to quickly and efficiently socialize a person is in the military. And the military is doing that infact there is a waiting list to go off and potentialy kill your self so the only daddy that loved you (uncle sam) can loan you money to get your own place and go to college. That is one thing you cant do in a matriacal society have children and work enough to save for all of their futures plus daycare unless you do happen to be real "african queen".

Bill Cosby may be cute as a crochety old black man "telling it like it is" but in dollars and cents it is the fact that balck people rarely bully their way throguth college with brute cash and are ingorant of what it takes to hip and hop thought the financial aid hoops with out having to play hoops or hip and hop because music and sports are still probally the more utillized schoolarships for african americans.

One thing that hurts it worse is the ratio of balck men in jail. That kills their future because they no longer qualify for standard financial aid options. The system is based on poor people taking turns sending each other throught college then returning the favor. Black people simply dont know that because the were never taught that. I have seen more money invested in spinning rims and woofers than tuition percapita in my "hood" and I can say that is probally true for most.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

He's only saying what needed to be said by role models.....to all people.....too many people think their fight is against racism, both black and white....and it isn't.....it's against ignorance, apathy and that old "the world owes me something because, blah-blah-blah-blah-blah" 'tude. There are no gender or racial lines on this issue. It should apply to all. The same 'tude has also glutted younger generations of the rest of society. Frannie B

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Have you read the rest of the thread?

Were you referring to me? If so---no I hadn't. It takes me a longer time than most to type a reply---and I was responding to what you had said about the "throwing money" remark.(I then went over to another topic and was reading that)

We're all entitled to our opinions, and I guess we differ on this topic. It happens---no hard feelings?

hugs,

Annie

• Satanus
    Satanus

Cosby is just hitting the target. That hurts. All kinds of excuses can be thrown out there, but other groups have had the same obstacles, and have overcome them; groups like italians, irish, jews, east indians. What is the difference? We aren't allowed to say. That is why it's good that bill presents it as positive criticism, not tearing down criticism.

SS

• Cassiline
    Cassiline
    it is the fact that balck people rarely bully their way throguth college with brute cash and are ingorant of what it takes to hip and hop thought the financial aid hoops with out having to play hoops or hip and hop because music and sports are still probally the more utillized schoolarships for african americans.

This is far from true IMO. I recently attended two academic awards nights and 2 graduations. There were more black children than white achieving academic excellence awards ( scholarships) than white. I saw only few given for sports achievements but this was in addition to academic achievement. Academic achievement was at the forefront those evenings.

• bigboi
    bigboi
    All kinds of excuses can be thrown out there, but other groups have had the same obstacles

That's just so not true.

Did Jim Crow affect Italians or Irishmen?

Were they reduced to being 3/5ths of a man when they came to ashore?

Were they allowed to be raped and pillaged through groups organized and given public support for just that purpose?

Were they denied the right to vote and particpate in public life for hundreds of years?

Nah, man the only people who had it worse than the African are the Native Americans and most of them are dead.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Bill Cosby WTG

BigBoi:

Nah, man the only people who had it worse than the African are the Native Americans and most of them are dead.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    Did Jim Crow affect Italians or Irishmen?

Were they reduced to being 3/5ths of a man when they came to ashore?

Were they allowed to be raped and pillaged through groups organized and given public support for just that purpose?

Were they denied the right to vote and particpate in public life for hundreds of years?

These are all great questions. And the last one is still relevant, considering what happened in Florida in the 2000 election.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

I wouldn't be too surprised if some blacks out there disagree with Crosby and call him an "Uncle Tom" Just the same they called Clarance Thomas one as he became a US Supreme Court Judge. Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit