Go Get Em COSBY!!!

by Flash 211 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

BigBoi,

That wasnt directed at you. I read the thread. That was directed at our society in general.

Slavery has existed since Biblical times. Virtually all cultures have either been slaves or enlsaved others. Yet these cultures do not have the problems we are dealing with. Why is it that we are still having problems in this country? Is it becuase slavery was semi-recent or is there some other fundemental problem?

• bigboi
    bigboi

I don't quite get how that fits into this thread. It's an old point of view and there's nothing new being discussed here.

Well I guess it does fit after all. lol.

• bigboi
    bigboi

WE SEE THE SAme basic mindset when were we jw never say anything bad

you could have a speaker that put everybody to sleep and yet NOT ONE PERSON OF AUTHORITY would say

that elder was not prepared, instead we used such BS lines as THE MATERIAL WAS GOOD

so this type of don't say this or that is not uquie for just black folks, many differnent types of "Systems" that folks belong to engage in this exact type of HUSH HUSH and the result is folks suffer for this silence

truth is truth regardless if it is religious, polictical, racial, you name it

Contrary to popular opinion, nobody here is trying to quell dissent or stop someone for speaking out. That is what happens, with JW's. I think when it comes to racial and socieconomic issues the level of discussion needs to be raised higher than the blame game. What has that got to do with the WTS?
  • bigboi
    bigboi

Some posts from another board I frequent.

removed

Let me tell you something, your dirty laundry gets out of school at 2:30 every day, it's cursing and calling each other n------ as they're walking up and down the street,"doesn't he mean "our"?

maybe it's just me, but i think he's too emotional, nothing wrong with emotion, martin Luther king had lots of it, problem is, his emotion is rage/anger..nothing gets done with rage..

pity..he actually has some valid points..but the people who need to listen won't cause he's already seperated himself from the problem..

because of the abrassive way he chose to go about it, this cause is lost. somebody give him work. he needs something to do.

and jessie jackson needs to sit his flagrant self down somewhere, he's so using this to try to gain back some credibility..

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz
    Im tired of this entire "We have it so bad" bull*****

Did the U.S. Army hunt blacks down, kill all the males, and then herd the survivers like sheep to some reservation in the middle of @%#% nowhere? Did smallpox kill a couple million blacks?

Next time you want to bitch about how "the white man took this, the white man stole that" remember youre living on American Indian land.

WHO is this post addressed to?

Let me get this straight: because Native Americans had it bad, no one else has the right to take issues with how they (or rather, their ancestors) were treated?

---

I just read all of the comments in this thread. There were several comments agreeing with Cosby in regards to getting a proper education and speaking correctly, which were full of spelling and grammatical errors. Funny..

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Stinky,

That was addressed to our society in general. It was addressed to every single group in this country who complains how bad they have it.

I just read all of the comments in this thread. There were several comments agreeing with Cosby in regards to getting a proper education and speaking correctly, which were full of spelling and grammatical errors. Funny..

I cant speak for everyone else on this board but my spelling and grammer is and always will be atrocious. I do have a 'proper education' but writing has always been a weak point for me. Quite frankly I hate it. I always scored in the 60's when it came to spelling and writing on the standerized tests. Reading however I was always at a 99%. So while I might know what im talking about, attempting to express my thoughts on this board has been quite challenging. I will never have the writing skills of Alan F . However, if it came to giving a presentation or marketing pitch I would blow the vast majority of this board away

crazy151drinker <------------------------------working on his MBA, but writes like a 6th grader

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

It is good to have SP back!

I know I should care about this issue because my kids are of mixed ethnicity, but truth to tell, I will raise them the best I can, and not worry a whole lot about society's problems at large. Frankly I can't conceptualize large groups of people very well, so I really don't give a rat's ass. Bill may be right, Bill may be wrong, but it doesn't affect me, so I haven't chimed in with an opinion on this.

I find it interesting though, that some of the biggest supporters of Bill Cosby on this issue don't have a dog on the race, and seem glad to just be able to vent their frustrations about blacks.

-Gita

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Cosby is right!!!

Some people just can't handle the truth.

DY

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I think I echo the general opinion that it goes for ALL races. Too many children are being raised in single homes. Too many women arent getting an education and instead are milking the system for free money, the men are abondoning their roles as fathers, and the kids are paying for it. Just because you are low income does not mean your children should raise themselves. When I was growing up I wasnt allowed to stay outside on the streets till dark, doing god knows what with god knows who. My mother knew where I was at and whom I was with and what I was doing (well mostly anyway) and I had RULES, and role models as to how a decent human being was supposed to act.

Spencer gets mad at me sometimes because I give him rules. I always tell him it too bad, there are older kids out there that I dont know and I dont know how they're being raised, and he doesnt need to be around that.

Cosby has always been a HUGE supporter of eductaion. Good for him. Unfortunately he made a blanket statement about blacks which I think is unfair. He does make GREAT point which should be directed at ALL races.

• HeyNow!
    HeyNow!

Just wanted to be 100th post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit