My Grandad died this morning

by Simon 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

I'm glad to hear he made your life positive. We all need grandparents of that nature. Sorry to hear the lost.

Guest 77

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

What a wonderful granddad you had Simon! And what a lovely story of his life and how his life impacted yours in such a positive way.

Very fine...and I am sorry for your loss Simon.

• morty
    morty

(((((((((((((((((( Simon, Anghard & family))))))))))))))))))))

My Sympathy to you all

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I'm so sorry for your loss, ((((Simon)))) ....and I know it was a great one, cause of the way you've described him....I loved my great g/mammy that way and even wrote an essay on her for Senior English class...got an A+ and had to read it to the class....so keep those memories close...and know that someday you, too, will be missed by a g/child....and the many posters here on JWD to name a few ppl, eh?

Hugs,

Frannie B

• Nina
    Nina

Nina

• Scully
    Scully

So sorry to hear this Simon.

Love, Scully

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Simon,

I'm sorry to hear this. He sounds like he was an interesting character.

He had his own way of doing everything and was a bit of a rebel, certainly unconventional.

When I was little, I worried about him not "being in the truth". Now I realise that he was too smart for that

I think I see why YOU liked him. You may have been very much influenced by him too.

Take care,

Steve

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Simon, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's good that you have some great memories of your granddad. He sounds like one heck of a cool guy.

-Insomniac

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Simon Our prayers are with you and your family. While unfortunately this is something that we all have faced at one time or another, take comfort in the thoughts and memories of this person that brought you such joy. Hugs to you and your wonderful family. Rub a Dub

• LongHauler
    LongHauler

I lost my only granfather two years ago. A suggestion, celebrate the man he was versus mourning the man you lost. It helped me put some perspective to the relationship I enjoyed with my grandfather. You can't replace him, but you can remember him for who he was and what it meant to you.

LH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit