My Grandad died this morning

by Simon 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

SimonWeeping with you and yours over your loss of your Grandpa.We are going to be Grandparent's for the first time in Sept.She is having twin boys.We hope to be like your Grandpa was with you, with them.

Blueblades

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, I have nothing but great memories of my grandad ... all my grandparents in fact, they all always made us feel special and were happy to see us. Everything grandparents should be.

My grandad was very active until just a few weeks agao when he went into hospital and he then deteriorated very quickly. That really is the way to go!

He wasn't in any pain and was still making jokes and grinning right to the end ... rebelling, even on the way out

Last time I visited him I was sat next to him while he was asleep ... when he woke up he looked at me and with a little chuckle said "I've been better !"

He always had a smile ... I can't picture him with anything else.

• Dawn
    Dawn

(((Simon)))

• Crazy151drinker
  • Big Tex
    Big Tex

Very sad news. I'm so sorry Simon.

Chris

• minimus
    minimus

Simon, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. When my grandmother died, I lost my best friend. She was funny, uneducated but smart enough to know better than I ever could. I regularly think of her after 25 years of her passing. I concentrate on all the good memories. They were ALL good times. I know from what you've already said that you loved your grandfather. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

• zugzwang
    zugzwang

I am very sorry to hear of your loss.

zugz

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

My condolences and prayers to you and your family....

• pudd
    pudd

((( Simon ))) I am so sorry.

I have lost all my grandparents too. I miss my Gran the most. It?s a sad time but keep thinking of all those great memories.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Last time I visited him I was sat next to him while he was asleep ... when he woke up he looked at me and with a little chuckle said "I've been better !"

That really is the way to go!

Sure is. You were fortunate to have had him for all those yrs, and been there at the end. My condolensces on your loss

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit