My Grandad died this morning

by Simon 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

The last grandparent I had died this morning.

He was such a great guy. Was in the RAF in WWII and went to Iraq and other places but didn't really talk much about the war. He was always interested in us kids and what we were up to and our lives.

He had his own way of doing everything and was a bit of a rebel, certainly unconventional.

I used to love going to visit as he had a workshop and taught me how to make things. He used to make wooden toys and all sorts of contraptions. He was a bit of a mad inventor. I remember in his garage was one project he'd started years before as part of a peddle powered flying machine ... not a plane like everyone else built but a helicopter! (told you he was unconventional!)

When I was little, I worried about him not "being in the truth". Now I realise that he was too smart for that, even if he never objected to anyone else doing it.

Such a nice, mild-mannered guy - I can't ever recall hearing him raise his voice in my entire life and he was always there helping other people.

Goodbye grandad. I will miss you.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

::::HUGS:::::

• desib77
    desib77

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Desi

• JH
    JH

I'm sorry to hear this Simon. :(

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Oh, Simon, I'm so sorry!!!! Grandparents are very special.

Hugs,

Nina

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Terribly sorry about your loss Simon.

Truthseeker

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

(((((Simon))))) It must be great to have had a relationship with him, and have his stories be part of you. Happy thoughts for you and the rest of your family *muah*

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

My condolences Simon. Your Grandad sounds like a wonderful man. Wow, RAF...WWII I'm sure he had lots of stories packed away. Sorry for your loss and the grief that you're going through. Remember, even if the it's hard to believe that death is but a doorway, the possibility is out there ... and with that comes hope.

Take care.

• Valis
    Valis

Simon, sad and terrible news mate. My favorite person in the world was my grandfather. I have tons of good memories of him. I hope you can remember those same kinds of memories. My regards and condolances to you and your family.

Travis

• Fleur
    Fleur

simon, my deepest sympathies.

my dearest granddad died more than 20 years ago now...but i still miss him desperately. he left a hole that no one else can fill.

i will keep you in my thoughts, i am so, so sorry.

((((((((simon))))))))

essie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit