My Grandad died this morning

by Simon 89 Replies latest jw friends

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Sorry to hear about your loss Simon. I lost my last grandparent last May 2003. I miss her deeply. Memories are wonderful and they sustain us.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Simon, sorry that had to happen.

You said he was,

RAF in WWII

"Never in the face of human conflict has so much been owed by so many to so few."
    - Winston Churchill

A Salute to your Gramp.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Keep your memories alive .... they can be so comforting at times. Grandparants are wonderful, I miss mine ....

Hugs to you and yours

• JeffT
    JeffT

Simon, sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like the two of you had a wonderful relationship.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

((((((((((((((Simon and Family))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Grandparents are absolutely the best and I have lost all of mine it's been several years but the fond memories of them will always remain in my heart and I pass on stories about them to my children and grandchildren, that's how we keep them alive.

I loved hearing about your experience with him:

I used to love going to visit as he had a workshop and taught me how to make things. He used to make wooden toys and all sorts of contraptions. He was a bit of a mad inventor. I remember in his garage was one project he'd started years before as part of a peddle powered flying machine ... not a plane like everyone else built but a helicopter! (told you he was unconventional!)

Such a nice, mild-mannered guy - I can't ever recall hearing him raise his voice in my entire life and he was always there helping other people.

That's how both of my grandfathers were, and always full of hugs!

May he rest in peace and your healing be all that it can be Simon, you'll always miss him.

Kate

• neverthere
    neverthere

(((((((Simon))))))) much hugging for you! Condolences, I am glad though that you have happy memories to fall on!

Diana

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Heartfelt condolences Simon.

Whatever worthwhile was there, still is somehow.

Take care,

Narkissos

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Simon,

Our best wishes and condolences to yourself and your family. The passing of an era.

Kindest regards - HS

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

{{{{Simon}}}},

SO sorry to hear about your family's loss. I am happy though, that you had such a great relationship with him---so much to recall and reflect on....and to share with your kids as well.

Hugs,

Annie

• Maya
    Maya

I am so sorry............

((((((Simon and Family)))))))))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit