8th Annual South Lake Tahoe Apostafest! Make your plans soon! July 10th-12th

by flipper 270 Replies latest members meetups

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

@ Snakes - You can fly into Reno.  (Several do.)

Just saying...

-Aude.

• flipper
    flipper

O.K. So from what I've heard from people, read, or as I know them here is the list so far of people coming for sure and possible maybes !

Coming for sure :    On The Way Out

Zed Revisited

Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Ray Publisher & Girlfriend & Children

Aude Sapere

Mr. & Mrs. Jones & Children

Kairos and Friends

Life's Too Short & Children

Possible Maybes : Dagney

Killer Jones

Flipper Jr. & Girlfriend

So that's what I have so far. Will let you know as time goes on as additions come on ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper 

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Flying for one is tough, family of 3 is out. I can get the TIME for vacation..probably, its the funds. Hell, I don't even have to buy gas in the company car... its the 3800 mile round trip that would be my death. I did 1700 last year rt to AL, that was hard enough.  Damn, sounds fun every year.

Snakes

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

I'm with Snakes. I can't drive 3000 miles and can't afford to fly.  But, looking at all your photos and stories from last year has made me jealous. You guys were having so much fun!

I'm so glad you are able to organize this every year for so many people. I know they appreciate it. It's a unique group who doesn't often get a chance to talk, so good job for hosting. I know you enjoy it, too.

• flipper
    flipper

SNAKES- Yeah I hear you. It is hard traveling all those miles, I totally understand. Stiil, we'd love to meet you and your family someday .

GRREAT TEACHER- Yes indeed we have a really fun time. It's really such a cool thing that so many ex-JW's can get together and support one another like this. I really enjoy it as well ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper 

• flipper
    flipper

So here is the update as of today after talking to a couple more recently . 

Coming for sure :  On The Way Out

Zed Revisited

Eva Luna

Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Ray Publisher & Girlfriend & children

Aude Sapere

Mr. & Mrs. Jones & Children

Kairos & Friends

Lifes To Short & Children

Fading Out & Children

Fading Out's friend

Possible Maybes :   Dagney

Killer Jones

Flipper Jr. & Girlfriend

So that's the updated list as of today. I'm sure it will continue to expand as time goes on. Hope to see you there ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper 

• flipper
    flipper
    Alright ! Just wanted to say that you are all cordially invited to come to the 8th annual Lake Tahoe apostafest  at Camp Richardsons July 10th -12th  ! Would love to see you and share great food and socialize ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

8th Annual, Woo Hoo!!!   If anyone is on the fence about the trouble to get there, I have come 5 times using Southwest Airlines into Reno, which is fairly inexpensive and SW allows 2 free large bags for tents and sleeping gear and a free carry-on.  I rented a car each time, twice sharing that car with another traveler.  Most people drive from somewhere closer, but others have driven from Washington state or flown in and rented a car as I did.  
    It is not really cheaper by much, but driving from the midwest this year is to make it an adventure thru Yellowstone and other places.  

The best part is the people at Tahoe.  Give it a thought.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Looks like a great time.

I swear I'm going to make it when I can!

Going to school through every summer until 2017 at this point. . . 

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

But don't worry- we do car camping- within sight of your car.  And it is walking distance from modern plumbing, so there is no need for this:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit