Apostates

by Sue 119 Replies latest jw friends

• open_mind
    open_mind

sue,

if the truth hurts, I am sorry you are in pain.

Just know that we are here to help you!!

• Sue
    Sue

Thanks for the offer open_mind.

Is your mind still open, or have you closed it?

I see pain in the replies from: Free2Bme, LovesDubs and others.

• open_mind
    open_mind

My mind is still open. Yet I do have the pain the others express in their comments. But I think we can all help each other. We don't need to have a division because of grudges, or differences, or whatever divides us. We are all different, but we are all united (or at least most of us), because we want to know the truth. You feel that you have the truth. That is great! I hope you are happy, and that it works out for you. I really do. There are others on this page that are still searching. They went the wt way and got burned. Some of them because of their actions, others for no reason at all. The society was responsible. Whatever the situation is, we are all here and can learn from each other. That is the unity christ talked about. Love your neighbor. That is what we need to do. We all have a common bond, yet we seem so divided. I hope we can all be civil, and learn something new.

• Sue
    Sue

Thanks for the open minded reply.
    But sorry in Europe it is bed time.
    I will leave you to Freds loving care.
    Sue

• Free2Bme
    Free2Bme

Sue
    You go to bed early don't you.Mind you I went to bed at 8pm last night as due to a car alarm I didn't sleep the night before. Anyway my husband was thrilled to get his grubby mits on the keyboard and didn't come to bed till 2am.
    To be honest I have deleted 2 replies to your last post because I realised how silly this all is.
    Whatever your reasons for being here you show no inclination to discuss them or even defend your faith.
    You assume this forum is full of apostates (by JW definition not theirs) but you must realise by now there is quite a mix.
    If you wanted to you could present your points of view which you believe are the truth and could reach the hearts of JW's who really may be just doubting and need your encouragement as a fellow witness.
    This could be your chance to repair damage and show us all the meaning of Christianity.
    By the way I was kidding you about the JW chat rooms.I find them too caustic. I don't bother much with chat rooms cos I am such a slow typist I miss all the action while my heads bent lol
    I'm stopping reading or posting on this thread as from this because believe it or not I find constant negativity draining. This forum has serious issues to raise but I enjoy the fun bits as well. Laughter is the best medicine and all that..
    So I look forward to seeing you start a new thread with a more genuine Christian motive where we can discuss ( the whole mix in here)and debate in a friendly way.
    We may agree to disagree but let's behave like human beings. Posting under anon names in a forum is no excuse to let standards slip.
    Looking out for it..

Free

• Sue
    Sue

Free2Bme
    Thanks and ok.

It all started as I was looking for JW's.
    The site disapointed me, because although the title suggests
    it is only for JW's most seemed to be any thing else.
    I made my first posting on my very first discusssion board.
    I got replies.
    Then I wanted to have a hot file. Got it.
    Then I wanted 6 pages. Got them.

Thread ended: Unless someone replies.

• ros
    ros

Hello, Sue:
    Maybe I shouldn't be surprised that you are still here, but I compliment you. It shows you're not afraid of your own mind.
    Remember, we all once were where you are.

• Gozz
    Gozz

ros,

This quote,

"A religion that teaches lies cannot be true"--The Watchtower, 12/1/91 pg. 7

is a constant reminder of the holiness of the Writers of the Watchtower. It is for me the ghost that won't stop chasing me in my sleep. Sometimes, I tend to think ignorance is bliss.

• Sue
    Sue

To all,
    I am applying Alternatives remarks.

I feel I should make an apology.

Sorry if I offended some.
    No intention.
    Put it down to English sarcastic humor.

Sue
    (now enjoying the chit-chat)

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Sue,

I'm glad you found us and I'm sorry that I thought you were Fred. You did sound like a troll in the beginning. I guess that was your husband, Alternative.

I'm glad that you are enjoying the chit-chat now. This board is very addictive and there are some really wonderful caring people here. I hope that you will get over your first impressions of us and see that we are loving and decent (most of us).

Slipnslidemaster: "While we are postponing, life speeds by."
    - Seneca

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit