Apostates

by Sue 119 Replies latest jw friends

• Sue
    Sue

I turned to this website looking for encouragement.
    I thought it was a genuine JW chat site.
    What do I find?
    Most who write here, don't belive in the JW teachings.
    Most are complainers and apostate.

Does any one know were I can find a genuine JW site?

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

. http://www.watchtower.org.

Besides, aren't you supposed to avoid the Internet for just that reason?

Slipnslidemaster: "The truth is more important than the facts."
    - Frank Lloyd Wright

hmmmmm...where have I heard that before?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Sue: If our being honest in discussing issues make us complainers, then so be it. If you are looking for JW chat, try your congregation. According to the Nov. 99 KM you are not supposed to be on the Internet. But, if you wish some healthy exchange with many good people here who have many points of view, then feel free to stay on and visit with us.

As far as the label 'apostate', that is a generic Greek verb apostasia which literally means to 'stand away from' and it was used briefly in the Bible regarding those who left Moses or Jesus Christ. It is similar to the simple Greek verb apostasion which means to divorce or separate. It has nothing to do with those who disagree with a specific man-made human organization in the 19th through the 21st Centuries. I used to be Roman Catholic, so by leaving Catholicism, does that make me an 'apostate?' If so, then about half of the JWs today can be called 'apostates' because they left some religion they used to be a member. Maybe you could clarify what you mean by 'apostate.' - Amazing

• Sue
    Sue

it seems you obviously don't know any JW chat sites.
    Those in the know are definitely keeping
    you in the dark;

and, I see why!

• Sunchild
    Sunchild

Hi, Sue! Try this place:
    http://www.witnessesonline.com

I'm sure you'll find exactly what you're looking for. And if you ever grow tired of it, the door to this board is always open.

*Rochelle.
    (Edited in an attempt to make the link clickable.)
    ---------
    "Most men complacently accept 'knowledge' as 'truth'. They are sheep, ruled by fear."
    -- Sydney Losstarot, "Vagrant Story."

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Sue:

Try www.greatcrowd.com

It's a bit insipid, but it's real JW. You may wish to lurk here for a bit of excitement.

There, don't say apostates never do anything for ya!

Expatbrit

• Kismet
    Kismet

Sue:

You might try Witnesses-Online. That site is likely more what you are looking for.

I would suggest you don't go there attacking the participants as you did here. The response you get might be worse than you received here.

Attacking in your first post is rarely a good plan.

Best of luck in your search for online chat.

Kismet

• Amazing
    Amazing

Sue: yes, I know of a few JW chat sites where only baptized JWs who are in full agreement with the Watch Tower organization participate. They usually require registration and in some cases require that you provide confirmation of your 'standing' within the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I will not provide those to you because if the Watch Tower SOciety approved of such sites, then they would certainly advertize them for your benefit. You must not be a very active or attentive JW or you would have immediately understood my comment about the prohibition the Society issued to all JWs about the Internet in the Nov. 99 KM.

If you are a loyal JW, I have no interest in steering you to another Internet site, but rather encourage you to follow your leaders on the Governing Body and stay off the Internet. If you are not in agreement with the Nov. 99Km, then by all means you are already an 'apostate' by the definition provided to Elders in the 1985 letter to All Bodies of Elders, wherein any and all disagreement, including, but not limited to even your private 'thought' processes that do not totally conform to the will of the Society make one an 'apostate.'

So, Sue, please make up your mind. You are either a loyal JW to your GB leaders, or you are loyal to Jesus Christ and Jehovah God. The choice between your religion and God is your to make. Whom will you serve, God or men? - Amazing

• open_mind
    open_mind

Sue,

I was just curious if you are in the know. If so, then you must be of the "anointed" class, because they are the only ones in the know.

It is wonderful to meet one of the select 144,000.........

• sf
    sf

And also, you will find quite a few jw chatrooms just by doing a simple search. About.com has a pretty good room, under "religions". MSN has three, I think. Then of course, there is yahoo messenger rooms; but I get the feeling that is where you saw the URL for this forum. I could be wrong. It HAS happened before. hahahaha Happy trails to you!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit