Turn away from these wicked ways!

by Proud Witness 121 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby
    I think I've been suckered. Oh well, it was kinda fun anyways!

Actually it doesn't matter if this was not for real. The messages sent have the same impact on readers as if it were real. There are plenty of these scenarios just like these that are real.....even though they may not be put into a thread for others to see. Gumby

• wasasister
    wasasister

Dan the Man: Yup, I daresay we have been suckered. Read the initial post carefully, for example:

Well as you would have guessed from my name, I am a proud Witness and I feel obliged to preach to you ...

OK, that's a dead give-away. No active Witness would say such a thing, "preach to you". It's totally out of left-field to think a rank and file Witness would feel an obligation to preach to apostates.

C'mon ladies and gentlemen. This is good parody and whoever is responsible is having fun at our expense. Kudos, PW. Great writing.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Hi Proud Witness,

Welcome! Great to have you here. Please stick around and get to know us.

Sirona

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Asking me to 'prove' Ray Franz was lying is like me asking you to prove that the Society is lying when it speaks of a unique brotherhood of divinley inspired men whom give us truths from God's word. Can you do that?

lol, you sure don't get much for your divine inspriration these days!

• kls
    kls

Dan The Man....the troll called you darling, i THINK IT LIKES YOU, and you are an apostate. LOL

• findingme
    findingme

I appreciate your efforts, Proud Witness. I remember saying and feeling the same when I was once a proud witness. However, I don't appreciate your name-calling of "apostates". I don't consider myself an apostate. I do not preach against God's Kingdom, nor have I spoken out against the Holy Spirit. What I am, is someone who has SEEN and EXPERIENCED much hypocrosy and unfairness that I could not handle. I did not wish to live the life of a lie. Morever, my Ministerial Servant husband degraded and humiliated me many times over, and I deserve MUCH BETTER than that. Yes, I am angry for what I have SEEN and EXPERIENCED; I am still dealing with it. I may be a while before I am over it. In the meantime, I am sick and tired of Witnesses telling people (like me) they will be PUNISHED for having a BRAIN and FEELINGS.

I have learned to become a much kinder person; I no longer judge or point fingers at people who seem to be living "questionable" lives. Clearly, I, nor anyone else, do not know what they have gone through or what crap they deal with everyday. I have learned to have more EMPATHY for people "in the world". This may come to a surprise to Witnesses, but my "wordly" husband (though critized by Witnesses because of this "fault" of his) is an exremely good person, with very high "human" qualities, treating people with the utmost respect, providing me love and cherishing me to the fullest extent that I could possibly dream of.

I consider nothing in my life to be "wicked". Are going to work and getting an education "wicked"? Are having a dog and tending a garden "wicked"? Are reading books and going for walks in the neighborhood "wicked"? Or, is it because I have feelings, a brain, and experiences that I am considered "wicked"? Oh, I see......or, are you saying the experiences we have lived are lies?

Incidently, what are you doing visiting this site, if this is so "apostate" to you?

I know you mean well, but so do we.

• azaria
    azaria

While writing my response, a number of others have responded, so if I've repeated myself I apologize.

Proud Witness:

I am sure that you are completely sincere in wanting to help people with the truth and I admire that. The problem is that you don’t have the truth. I am not, nor have ever been a witness and I feel sad for you that you think that all "wordly" people are wicked. I am a christian and sinful but not wicked. I read somewhere: eternity is a long time if you are wrong (not sure if I worded it correctly but I think you get my drift. All I ask is that you will look into it. Truth always wins out, and we all owe it to ourselves to seek that truth. Ask God to help you. I will let the bible speak for itself. Here are just a few passages.

First, the New World Translation has been altered (to suit their doctrine). For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, if any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. Rev: 22:18-19

Prophecy:

When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hat not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him. Duet 18:22 (there is no talk of new or brighter light-you are not to listen to someone who has prophecied falsely as the org has done many times)

Salvation:

For by grace are ye saved through faith: and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Eph 2:810

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved. Acts 16:31

Individual Christians can understand God’s Word

(without help from any org or religion) But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and as it that taught you, ye shall abide in him. 1John 2:27

Jesus said

: I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6 ( you don't need any organization as a mediator between you and God. Jesus is our only mediator)

Have to go. My son is here. If I've made any spelling or grammatical errors, sorry..

• wasasister
    wasasister

I understand, Gumby. That's the trouble with good parody - sometimes it pushes our buttons.

Do you remember the controversy stirred up by the well-meaning individual behind the brilliant "Know_You"?? It was clearly parody, yet a few people reacted badly and real hurt was inflicted.

I for one find this poster wickedly funny and certainly NOT a genuine Witness. If I'm wrong (and believe me, it's happened before), we'll soon find out.

Happy trails,

Wasa

• Farkel
    Farkel

Get out the troll spray. This clown is trying to yank our chains. He knows far too much to be a real dub.

Farkel

• Nina
    Nina

Sure it's a troll.....but how often do I get to post that someone sounds like an ignoramus?

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit