Turn away from these wicked ways!

by Proud Witness 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Proud Witness
    Proud Witness

I could provide some examples, yes.

For instance, Ray Franz, self proclaimed misleader of thousands, claims in Crises of Conscience that some Governing Body members often 'fell asleep' in meetings and these meetings were not centered around examining God's word but simply on procedure. Of course, many people have believed him, and that's up to them. But it's sad to see so many people simply taking his word for it and claiming the same as he does - just because he didn't receive God's holy spirit when he was part of the Governing Body, doesn't mean to say that the rest didn't either.

Ray Franz was totally demoted and began work on a farm, if I remember rightly. If that was the case, he was an ageing man with no prospects, unable to ever return to God's Organization. So he wrote a book. Good idea! It will come as such great news to all those people who have ever left, he can get bags of money and can be seen as some kind of 'saviour' to the apostates.

By lying in this manner, he downgrades the Faithful Slave... in my book, thats a 'terrible lie'.

Another indirect lie is when apostates speak about false prophecies. For instance, parts of the Finished Mystery which were filled with Charles Taze Russells crazy ideas about Pyramids, Steam Locomotives and God living on another planet. I think he was the one on the other planet! But apostates point to these teachings, as though they mean anything today. They do not! They just serve as a reminder that the light gets brighter. These people who speaculate on past doctrine as though we teach it today are idiots.

And for the last 3 years, the so called 'Child Abuse figures' as shown on Silent Lambs has stood at the same figure, the same that Bill Bowen proclaimed on the BBC documentary. Like a game of Chinese whispers, Bill was told a number, by 'a person working at Brooklyn' and he gave the number to the rest of the world as his 'truth'. I'm not denying the existance of these scumbags within the Organization, but I am confused as to why people could listen to Bill say a five digit number and swallow it whole - just the same as how apostates claim the rest of the Organization has swallowed God's truth as a 'lie'.

To the person claiming I should research, I suggest you should go away and find something else you may want me to do which I haven't already done.

• Proud Witness
    Proud Witness

wow Gumby

Go somewhere else to piss people off if that's how you derive your fun. You look like a fool to others here.

And here's me thinking that this forum is for discussing anything JW related. Does that not include this? I'm not here to p**s anybody off, so I guess thats just your way of reacting to a person with an opinion different to your's.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

For instance, Ray Franz, self proclaimed misleader of thousands, claims in Crises of Conscience that some Governing Body members often 'fell asleep' in meetings and these meetings were not centered around examining God's word but simply on procedure.

Please, provide some proof that Ray's claims are false.

• kls
    kls

Oh please, we have heard it all we have all been there. If you came to NOT to preach at us welcome. If you are to to peddle your religion of lies well then. LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali
    But it's sad to see so many people simply taking his word for it and claiming the same as he does - just because he didn't receive God's holy spirit when he was part of the Governing Body, doesn't mean to say that the rest didn't either.

So how do we know he didn't receive God's holy spirit, should we take your word for it? Even if he didn't, doesn't that just mean something is seriously wrong with the organization if someone can get to the level of being a member of the GOVERNING BODY and not have the holy spirit? See either way it doesn't really stand. You can hardly criticize others objectively when you are lying to yourself with your own beliefs. Again, I don't say anything like such and such a belief you hold is wrong, but when you take your beliefs as the truth you are lying to yourself about what you know, you don't know - you just believe it.

• rocketman
    rocketman
    I know that as Witnesses you know that we get warnings to stay away from you kind of people, but I want to help.

Well, now that you've ignored the warnings from "God's Organization"........welcome!

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Another indirect lie is when apostates speak about false prophecies. For instance, parts of the Finished Mystery which were filled with Charles Taze Russells crazy ideas about Pyramids, Steam Locomotives and God living on another planet. I think he was the one on the other planet! But apostates point to these teachings, as though they mean anything today. They do not! They just serve as a reminder that the light gets brighter. These people who speaculate on past doctrine as though we teach it today are idiots.

1. The Society points to Finished Mystery as a landmark publication in JW history. This being the case, why don't they use it in a congregation book study, not as current doctrine, but as necessary in understanding how Jehovah has enlightened his people over the years? What would be the harm in that? What I found in my brief and miserable tenure as a JW is that most rank and file JW's are almost completely ignorant of Tower history. I had no idea what The Finished Mystery contained until after I left the organization.

2. I don't know of any "apostates" that tell people that JW's still believe what was written by Chucky Russell in TFM. But, when the Society claims that the publication of this book was guided by Jehovah's spirit, don't you think it's worthwhile to at least know what the book contains and therefore be able to judge for oneself whether the current claims of the WTS concerning this publication are valid?

• Nina
    Nina

You don't sound like a "Witness" to me. You sound like an ignoramus.

You were warned to stay away from people like "us" but you are here anyway? That's really obedience to God's Faithful and Discreet Slave, isn't it!

Here you go, straight from the NWT: Rev. 3: 15-18.

As regards your "name": Pr. 16:18.

Nina

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Proud:

Do you know how much of a ranting lunatic you sound? Proud, indeed. Aren't you taught that one should never be proud? Pride goeth before a fall. You stay on your side of the fence, and we'll stay on ours.

CG

• gumby
    gumby

Ray Franz, self proclaimed misleader of thousands, claims in Crises of Conscience that some Governing Body members often 'fell asleep' in meetings and these meetings were not centered around examining God's word but simply on procedure. Of course, many people have believed him, and that's up to them. But it's sad to see so many people simply taking his word for it

And your a blind braindead idiot! Yea, that a mean thing to say, but you are one. So was I for 40 years....and so were thousands of others. Your aquainted with Rays to the point of seeing what you WANT to see and CHOOSING to avoid the rest. Yes, there are countless of quotes from Ray that could never be varified unless you heard it yourself or unless other desenters came forth to varify the claim. So what? Why have you chose to avoid all of the documented proofs he disclosed in his writings? Much of those "proofs" came from your own literature.

You are one in thousands, who will not let go of something even when shown that something to be false to it's claims. If you are truelly intrested in discovering whether or not your Organisation is from god or not......you will. You will be the one who decides that. I don't need to spend time in denouncing your faith because you already have/had the material to prove it to you. Why waste my time?

I do wish you the best in whatever you discover and that you will be happy. Yes I got mad at you. I'm sorry. You may understand this type of anger someday. Stick around here awhile and you will.

Peace,

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit