Turn away from these wicked ways!

by Proud Witness 121 Replies latest jw friends

• talesin
    talesin

WELCOME, Proud Witness

Nina

You beat me to it! But oh well,,, 'repetition for emphasis'

Proverbs 16:18 NWT "Pride is before a crash, and a haughty spirit before stumbling."

Perhaps you are looking for a reason to be stumbled? I was stumbled myself, 27 years ago. It was abuse, lack of love and hypocracy that drove me from the JWs, and I have never regretted leaving, not for one minute!

If you are questioning any doctrine, or the lack of love found in the congregation, please read this forum, check out silentlambs website, or watchtower quotes. We have a "thread for newbies" that is very informative. Please, stick around!

talesin

Edited to provide the link: here ya go PW http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/58215/1.ashx, it is titled Newbies! Everything you wanted to know but were afraid to ask

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I am curious to wonder why you have chosen to jump off the narrow road which leads to everlasting life.

If you really are curious then my answer would be that God simply would not condone many of the abuses that go on in any organization of his that occur in the WTS.

Is it because you have had a bad experience in God's organization?

"a bad experience" No many actually.Starting with sexual abuse when I was 12 that was covered up and resulted in me being sent to foster care and the abuser staying in the cong

To an abusive marriage for 15 years to a man who became an elder and when the abuse was finally disclooed the elders hide his abuse and not-so-quietly got rid of me to protect an abuser - once again.

To my children being so unfairly marked because I was unfairly disfellowshipped to protect their father who continued to abuse them.

Or maybe you have become dumb and listened to or read apostate lies

Actually I have wised up. I did my own research and learned about many things the WTS fails to tell its own members such as

• hiding their past through constant revisions and reprints that do not accurately reflect what was originally printed
    • having double standards concerning military service and party cards where some people get to die and others get to bribe officials
    • being a part of the UN as an NGO and only withdrawing after their membership was discovered by "apostates" who made it clear this was not acceptable (another double standard because no brother or sister in good standing would be allowed to do this)
    • the WTS becoming a friend of the court in alliance with other religions so they could avoid paying "Ceasar's things to Ceasar" (avoiding taxes)
    • how the WTS will define itself as a social orgainzation and deny that it is a religion if it will help them to avoid paying taxes
    • and on and on
    For instance, Ray Franz, self proclaimed misleader of thousands, claims in Crises of Conscience that some Governing Body members often 'fell asleep' in meetings and these meetings were not centered around examining God's word but simply on procedure. Of course, many people have believed him, and that's up to them. But it's sad to see so many people simply taking his word for it and claiming the same as he does - just because he didn't receive God's holy spirit when he was part of the Governing Body, doesn't mean to say that the rest didn't either.

Your word which comes from where exactly? How many people has this story gone through before you got it? Every heard of the game "Telephone" where a story starts in one place and by the time it is heard by the tenth person it is so convoluted it doesn't even slightly resemble the original story?

Ray Franz's story has been validated by others who were there and witnessed what happened.

Charles Taze Russells crazy ideas

A reading of the history of the WTS is extremely enlightening. If we fail to acknowledge our past we are doomed to repeat it. Most JWs don't even know the real history of the WTS. A reading of Schnells' book Thirty Years a Watchtower Slave is full of enlightenment. Have you ever wondered what happend to those who left after Russell died and Rutherford took over? Ever considered the possibility that Rutherford was actually the wrong one to follow? It might be worth looking into.

the so called 'Child Abuse figures' as shown on Silent Lambs has stood at the same figure
    Bill was told a number, by 'a person working at Brooklyn'

Well of course it has stood at the same figure. They DFed the person who was doing the research and saw the files. Bill has validation from many of those victims that may or may not be on that list. I have no idea if my abuser is on that list although he should have been. By the way do your homework her name is Barb Anderson

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Proud Witness,

You are very proud to assume that everyone here is leading a life of "biblical" wickedness. I may no longer be attending 5 meetings a week in a room with walls but no windows, nor am I preaching to people to invite them into joining the others who sit there in a rooms with walls but no windows, but I am not leading a life of gross immorality.

I will warn you though Proud Witness that in order to remain a strong JW don't think about Jesus too much, OK? If you start looking too closely at his life you will find that he practiced unconditional love and compassion towards all of humankind--something not promoted in the Org. I was a 20 plus year member of the Org and in the end my "sin" was to practice "unconditional" love towards humankind--the kind that Jesus exemplified in his life. I was always taught not to do anything that went against my Christian trained conscience, so I can no longer be a JW because my conscience will not allow it.

cybs

• Proud Witness
    Proud Witness

Lady Lee, I was quoting directly from what he said on the programme, I know that it was Barb Anderson and that she subsequently took out a lawsuit against the Society.

Everybody else, thank you for your comments, but I remain steadfast through the things you have pointed out. Asking me to 'prove' Ray Franz was lying is like me asking you to prove that the Society is lying when it speaks of a unique brotherhood of divinley inspired men whom give us truths from God's word. Can you do that? Or will you just point to Ray Franz' book again?

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

welcome

when a prophet speaketh in the name of Jehovah, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which Jehovah hath not spoken: the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously, thou shalt not be afraid of him.

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

*yawn*

Turn away from these wicked ways and this bad lifestyle you are leading.

Well, if you mean the coffee I just had for breakfast, you're certainly right. I mean, I should eat a hearty breakfast in the morning. It's the best for weight loss and making myself feel better throughout the day.

Or did you mean when I played with my cats for about 1/2 hour, chasing them and finding things to throw for them to catch. Yes, certainly a wicked and twisted lifestyle there.

Okay since you have so much time to do all these good works, I suggest, no I challenge, you to do something. Go to your elder body and tell them where you've been preaching. Tell them your screen name. Send a letter off to the GB at the WTS too, letting them know your screen name and real name and congregation. Let us know what happens. Really. I'm very very interested in your salvation. Letting them know might just get you the freedom you need.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Here are a few questions to answer: What is the difference between being inspired by holy spirit and being directed by holy spirit?

If all the anointed are being directed by this spirit, why don't they have any say as to what is truth? Only the 12 or so in Brooklyn have any say as to what God wants.

Why doesn't Jehovah ever tell the anointed the truth about dates? 1914, 1925, 1975, what a gereration is, what a century is?

What scripture tells christains to fill out a time sheet with his preaching activity on it?

Where in scripture does it say we must belong to an earthly organization, rely on a Watchtower magazine for all our doctrines, sell literature, be baptized into an organization?

How is the number of 144,000 literal in Revelation, when all the rest of that scripture is symbolic?

What happened to the King of the North?

This is just a few questions I have.

Ken P.

• Fleur
    Fleur

hello proud witness,

i hope that you find your time here educational :) it is kind of you to be concerned about my salvation, but don't worry, i take full responsibility for that. you don't have to worry about me.

i was curious about one statement you made, about apostates receiving 'ultimate destruction' at Armageddon. how is 'ultimate' destruction different from just regular destruction? are there some that you believe will be 'more dead' than others?

just curious.

i was like you once. i hope that you will find freedom to be yourself here.

fleur

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Well for Chrissakes you come in here with guns blazing about apostate lies and then when I ask you for some proof, zero, zilch, nada!!!

Geez, gimme a break. So very typical.

• wasasister
    wasasister

A big welcome to Proud Witness. If you are sincere (and not a prankster, as some might have suggested), I deeply respect your convictions.

Unlike some who post here, I did not have many negative experiences as a Witness. I managed 35+ years without being abused, disfellowshipped, or otherwise harassed. I can honestly say, I look back on my years of association with very pleasant memories.

Sadly, that is not true for the vast majority who have left.

And to my fellow board members: If Proud Witness is on the level, this will be the most fun we've had around here in months. Should be a fun ride.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit