Astrology, the Zodiac, etc............

by Sunnygal41 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• logansrun
    logansrun

Gretchen,

Show me where I called anyone an imbecile in this thread? Imbecilic beliefs, yes. But not imbecilic persons.

I'm SO reminded of the typical Watchtower response to (intelligent) criticism of the Society: "Oh, those apostates are so critical! All they do is tear down and never build up!" You tell me what the difference is between them and the astrologizers?

Look folks, we all get better arguments and form better opinions when there is criticism. That goes for me, you and the man on the moon.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Dude maybe if you weren't so acerbic you would get a better debate.

• Princess
    Princess

If you want to debate it, start your own thread. I can do it for you if you are too scared to do your own. We simple want to discuss it, not have someone jumping in and out to say it's bs or whatever.

Do you like having a discussion about something you are interested in only to have another person keep interrupting to tell you they don't believe what you are saying?

It's rude.

Did anyone else notice all the sexual references in LT's post? What's up with that?

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Haven't we heard all the arguments against it now? It's irrational. It's not scientific. It has no basis in any facts that ever have been produced or that ever will be produced anytime anywhere in the universe by anyone of any intelligence. I'd be completely amazed if there's anybody on here who doesn't know the rationalist contempt for astrology. I personally don't care if anyone else accepts it, I don't shun anyone who doesn't accept it, I don't even dislike anyone who doesn't accept it. Unlike JWs, we are not sitting around trying to prove that we're right and rationalists are wrong. We're just trying to have some fun.

• Xena
    Xena

What some people don't appear to "get" is that it's a discussion....no one is advocating astrology as a life course *geez*.....to compare it to the dubs is like...hhhmmm comparing this board to dubs

I don't believe most of the Bible anymore, but that doesn't prohibit me from enjoying a good discussion on it...and that's what this is was a good discussion on astrology and the zodiac...people commenting on how they feel about..any experiences good or bad with it...it's interesting or it was anyway..

Thanks Rem, Logan & co for fuxking another interesting thread up and making people not want to talk and share their experiences AGAIN

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Yeah, maybe Rem's new thread needs to be screwed up now, too. I think a few people should go over there and resume their interesting discussion.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Or we could really drive them crazy by making and discussing their starcharts. Or GUESSING what signs they are. What do you think, are they all Aquarius suns? (I am actually lousy at guessing people's star signs.)

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Recently I've been learning about the Bible and how it's based on Astrology due to the fact that the sky and it's planets were all the ancient people had to follow. Things in the Bible like the twelve tribes of Israel correspond to 12 houses of the Zodiac. The Son of God, ika; the sun meaning the literal sun, and there are lots more that directly prove to me that the Bible is based on Astrology

What are you reading, Kate? I read a book a year and a half ago, that had the same theme, off and on in the book. Very eye opening, right down to why they worshipped the golden calf (bull) Age of Taurus, and why the next age was Aries, the Lamb (okay it's a Ram, adult male lamb though). Hmmm, kind of makes you think.

The 12 apostles exactly relate to the twelve zodiac signs..............Thomas was Gemini (the Twin). It goes on and on.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Mulan I'm actually view some tapes our mutual friend (host in San Juan) gave to Craig and me. They have really helped me let go of so much!

Here is the website:

http://www.lightworksav.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPRODGROUP&ID=20

I've got these five:

The Naked Truth, Ancient Belief Systems, Egypt Light of the World, The Hidden Truth and The Last Days.

Let me know if you are interested in them and I can get them to you. PM me okay.

Kate

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bradley:
    Once again you exhibit a distinct lack of social awareness. I genuinely hope you don't swagger around like this in real life...

Rachel:
    It's nearly a full moon, I'm getting fiesty.
    Send anymore of that tongue this way and you'll be getting some back

Itsallgoodnow:
    Given that two wrongs don't make a right,and all that...
    ...even that aside, I really can't be bothered.

I'm sad to see that it's grown men who are being so juvenile.
    The new threads are a pretty clear evidence of that.

Why is it never the women?
    They just get the claws out, do the business, smile sweetly, and then get on with life.
    Another lesson for the male of the species??

So... what's your sun sign
    (please don't tell me it's Taurus )
    LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit