Astrology, the Zodiac, etc............

by Sunnygal41 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• FMZ
    FMZ
    Blame it on FMZ, he was a hero calling everyone all sorts of names like, edit, edit, edit, edit. I was so proud of him.

... Princess, you taught me well. About 20 minutes after the thread was locked and I had calmed down, I felt quite awkward though. Maybe I went a teensy-weensy bit far....

FMZ is da man! I think he's a cool dude and very very intelligent! Wish he wasn't married!

Awww, thanks Terri... Only problem is, if I was never married, I wouldn't be half the man I am today.

Unfortunately my thread was hijacked and locked, probably due to the offensive language used by the defenders of believers

I am Belief Defender! I am here to serve and protect the citizens of JWDville. I take down offenders with my quick wit and bad language! <stands atop a building with his jaw protruding like a rock formation in cliche superhero style>

FMZ

(I was going to state why I said what I said on Rem's thread, but for the sake of peace I left it out, as I know it will start another discussion on the whole thing. See how easy it is guys?)

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

FMZ you totally rock. I find it really cute the way guys like to come up with superhero characters for themselves. You're definitely my hero on this board. For now, anyway.

• FMZ
    FMZ
    FMZ you totally rock. I find it really cute the way guys like to come up with superhero characters for themselves. You're definitely my hero on this board. For now, anyway.

No problem ma'am... it's what I'm here for. I'm really no hero, just doing what's right and bringing about justice for the citizens. What's that I hear? A troll two threads away....... Erm, what was my catchphrase again? D'oh, I don't remember it. For now I'll go with: I'm metro and not afraid to show! <jumps across the rooftops> Can anyone tell I'm lonely at work yet? lol. Seriously though, thanks Sunny and AuntFanny... to be honest, I am doing it for rather selfish reasons... hehe.. I like to enjoy JWD, and when people start trolling and / or just trying to get people's backs up, it bugs me, leading to me not enjoying my time here (as well as everyone else not enjoying themselves). You all rock though... apart from trolls and jerks. Trolls and jerks suck. Us nice people rock. FMZ

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

FMZ, what are you doing up? Isn't it about 4 in the morning in Missouri?

• FMZ
    FMZ

I work nights... That's why I have so much time to post on here.. lol

FMZ

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

Oh, too bad, that's a crummy shift, I used to do it as a waitress when I was a girl. I'm just in a completely different time zone, which means I miss all the cool parties on this board. Oh well.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Trust DocWatson to provide comic relief for us!!! Keep em comin' Doc. I have this theory about laughter jiggling calories off me.............

Rem, I read your thread. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Annie, thanks, I'm feeling less creaky every day.....boy you should see my bruises tho! My left boobie is all busted up! <ouch!> Let me explain the comment about choosing our parents........you may or may not agree with it after that, but, I've read it in a few spiritual books and sites and it makes sense to me..............here goes:

Before we come to earth, we are spirits.......part of the all that is of the universe. However, for our growth, we agree to come to earth to learn lessons, and experience having a physical body. Before we go, we gather our "soul family group" around us and make a contract with them to work together for everyone's growth. We choose them to be our "best friends", "opposers" and "family members". We pick certain things that will make us develop qualities we want to gain.........sort of set the stage etc, and then, we "arrive" here on Earth, also with the stipulation that we are going to forget who we were before we got here..............just think for a moment about the pain and suffering you went thru........then, think of all the strength you gained from it, all the qualities you developed.............and there you have it........I really shortened it up, but, if you read The Celestine Prophecy and the other books in the series, you'll get alot of filler details........and, just to let you know, I, too, had an alcoholic father. He was abusive and frightening, but, who of us can say we aren't stronger for that experience? My therapists have all helped me to see the good side of all of it, as well as deal with and heal from the negative experiences.

FMZ, I understand what you said about being married having made you the man you are..........our mates help us grow, if we allow it. So, give yourself some credit too. You sound extremely happily married and I am happy that you are. It's good to hear about successful marriages........it gives those of us who didn't have such a great time of it hope for the future.

CodeBlue, I'm still trying to remember what kind of reading I gave NoDenial that night.........I'd be happy to oblige you, just let me know!

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    <stands atop a building with his jaw protruding like a rock formation in cliche superhero style>

FMZ, between you and Doc Watson, if my theory proves true, I will soon be a lovely size 12, and feeling healthier!! LOL!

Terri

• CeriseRose
    CeriseRose

Hi Terri! This thread has been really helpful to me thus far. I'm looking for a bit more information and am not quite sure where to start...and am hoping you might have some direction.

I have always been interested in astrology. I had just taken a continuing ed course and had my natal chart done when I started studying with JWs about 13 years ago...needless to say, I ended up throwing it out and stopped looking into it.

Well, upon DAing myself this year, the first thing I did was buy the Complete Idiots Guide to Astrology. I've gone to the free chart site (www.astro.com) you posted and now have my chart. I'm slowly trying to piece it together using that book. So far, things are pretty much on track. I'm a Leo with Scorpio rising, my signature is an even mix of Leo and Sagittarius (although I trend toward Leo more strongly by everything I've read).

I'm having problems with aspects. The site you posted has more symbols than the CIG book does. Do you know of a website or guide that gives a clearer picture of what symbols are which and what they mean (i.e. sextiles, conjuncts, squares)? There's a symbol that looks like a "Q," another like a slanted "L," and several others that I can't figure out.

I also was wondering about planetary relationships...the book only gave a basic rundown of "slower planets influence faster ones" and gave a couple of examples like "sun conjunct saturn means *blah*". Is there anywhere you'd suggest to resource more of this? Or am I heading into areas where I'd need more professional help?

One last question I was confused about, do you have any idea what it means when there are no planetary influences in a house? Does that mean that the ruling sign controls the house with it's traits, etc.? And what if a house is split between ruling signs?

Any direction/help you can give me is MUCH appreciated. :) I suspect it might be time to investigate professional help, but the more I can learn beforehand would fulfill my need to challenge myself. :)

Thanks!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Here an interesting quote from Carl Jung about astrolgy:http://www.thezodiac.com/astrojung2.htm

In a letter written to written to Hindu astrologer, B.V. Raman, September 6th 1947 - Dr. Jung wrote: "Since you want to know my opinion about astrology I can tell you that I've been interested in this particular activity of the human mind since more than 30 years. As I am a psychologist, I am chiefly interested in the particular light the horoscope sheds on certain complications in the character. In cases of difficult psychological diagnosis I usually get a horoscope in order to have a further point of view from an entirely different angle. I must say that I very often found that the astrological data elucidated certain points which I otherwise would have been unable to understand. From such experiences I formed the opinion that astrology is of particular interest to the psychologist, since it contains a sort of psychological experience which we call 'projected' - this means that we find the psychological facts as it were in the constellations."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit