Astrology, the Zodiac, etc............

by Sunnygal41 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I think Jung did some research on the astrological signs of married couples. What I recall is that he couldn't find anything significant about their sun signs, but their moon signs tended to be the same. I don't think it was a very big statistical effect, but noticeable. I thought that was interesting as the moon is the "planet" (I know it's not a planet, but that's how it's called in astrology) that rules your emotional comfort.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Okay now that said, one thing I've recently wondered is it because of something in the atmosphere during the exact time which makes all people born on a certain day or during a certain sky sign be so much alike?

BC, it's an "energy".............I had a report done by Steven Forrest, a leading astrologer.........and, this is what he had to say, in part:

"How can the planets possibly affect us? They're millions of miles away." Astrology's critics are fond of rolling out that argument. But it doesn't hold water. Go out and gaze at the moon. What's really happening? Incomprehensible energies are plunging across a quarter million miles of void, crashing into your eyeballs and creating electrochemical changes in your brain. We call the process "seeing the moon". Certainly the planets affect us. The question is where do we draw the boundaries around those effects?

Let's go a step further. Open your eyes on a starry night. What do you see? A vast, luminous space, full of shadows and light. Now close your eyes so tight they ache. Where are you now? What do you see? Again, a vast, luminous space, full of shadows and light. Consciousness and cosmos are structured around the same laws, follow the same patterns, and even feel pretty much the same to our senses.

"As above, so below." Just as the starry night awes us with its vastness, there's something infinitely deep inside you, a place you go when you close your eyes, a place that's beyond being an Aries or a Gemini or even a specific gender. At the most profound level, a birthchart is a map back to that magical center. It describes a series of earthly experiences which, if you are brave and open enough, will trigger certain states of consciousness in you--states that operate like powerful spiritual catalysts, vaulting you into higher levels of being."

He then goes on to explain in very simple terms that the planets are "teachers":

"Freud divided the human mind into three compartments: ego, id, and superego. Astrologers do the same thing, except that our model of the mind differs from Freud's in two fundamental ways. First, it's a lot more elaborate. Instead of three compartments, we have ten: Sun, Moon, and the eight planets we see from Earth. As we'll discover, each planet represents more than a "circuit" in your psyche. It also serves as a kind of "Teacher", guiding you into certain consciousness-triggering kinds of experiences.

The second difference between astrology and psychology is that astrology's mind-map, unlike Freud's, is rooted in nature itself, just as we are.

Astrologers use the primal triad of Sun, Moon, and Ascendant in much the same way people who know just a little astrology use Sun signs. The difference is that while there are only twelve Sun signs, there are 1728 different combinations of all three factors. So when we say (and he makes reference to my personal info here) that you are a Leo with the Moon in Cancer and Pisces rising, that's a very specific statement.

Here's a way to make those words come even more alive. Traditionally, signs are connected with Bulls and Sea-Goats and Scorpions--creatures we don't see every day. But, we can translate those images into more modern archetypes.

We can say that you are "The Performer:, or "The Aristocrat", or "The Clown". Those are just different ways of saying you have the Sun in Leo.

We can say you have the soul of "The Healer", or "The Wise One", or "The Invisible One"....your Moon lies in Cancer, in other words.

We can add that you wear the mask of "The Mystic", or "The Poet", or "The Dreamer". Those images capture the spirit of your Ascendant, which is Pisces.

You can combine those archetypes any way you want. And you can go further: Once you have a feel for the three basic signs in your primal triad, you can make up your own images to go with them. Whatever the words you choose, those simple statements are your fundamental astrological signature. It's your skeleton. Our next step is to begin adding flesh and hair to that skeleton by considering the planets."

He then goes on another five full pages, breaking down each planet and it's position in my chart. I absolutely love the language of this report, because it makes it so easy to understand with the word pictures he paints. I guess it appeals to that dreamer and artist part of me. Anyone who is interested in having this report done, that is if he still does this one, it was only $20.00, I think a very reasonable amount for learning about yourself. And, you can refer back to it at any time you want, as many times as you want, to really get the meat and the soul of what it's saying.

I'll post further comments he makes in my report, just to show you all how much fun and how educational all of this is!!

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Hello, again, all you students of Astrology, and those of the merely curious crowd..............I found the website for Steven Forrest............and he still does the type of report I had done, and many many more......so, here's the link for those interested:

http://www.jodieforrest.com/written.html

Happy exploring!

Terri

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Check out this info below and see if it is accurate for you.............

Doesn't fit me at all.... I'm almost the exact opposite of what it suggests.

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Born on the 7th day of month gives you a tendency to be something of a perfectionist and makes you more individualistic in many ways. Your mind is good at deep mental analysis and complicated reasoning. You are very psychic and sensitive, and you should usually follow your hunches. You may not take orders too well, so you may want to work along or in a situation where you can be the boss. This birthday gives a tendency to be somewhat self-centered and a little stubborn.

Wow, that sure sounds like me. Even my skeptical husband was impressed.

• Xena
    Xena

With a birthday on the 14th of the month (5 energy) you are inclined to work well with people and enjoy them. You are talented and versatile, very good at presenting ideas, and you are also very good at organization and systematizing. You may have a tendency to get itchy feet at times and need change and travel. You tend to be very progressive, imaginative and adaptable. Your mind is quick, clever and analytical. A restlessness in your nature may make you a bit impatient and easily bored with routine, and rebel against it. You have a tendency to shirk responsibility

lol pretty close cept on the organizational skills

I can't say I believe in this stuff but I enjoy reading it and it sometimes gives me some insight into myself.

There are stranger things in heaven & on earth

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Xena,

I can't say I believe in this stuff but I enjoy reading it and it sometimes gives me some insight into myself.

That's the way I look at it,,they say a lot of things that make you think about your personality,,I consider that good. A lot of those things sometimes can give subtle reinforcement to a more positive view of yourself,,and as long as you don't get too carried away with it,,it can be good.

Sunny,

I will look a little further on my birthday,,and see when I get somemore time.

• Princess
    Princess
    With a birthday on the 5th of the month you are inclined to work well with people and enjoy them. You are talented and versatile, very good at presenting ideas. You may have a tendency to get itchy feet at times and need change and travel. You tend to be very progressive, imaginative and adaptable. Your mind is quick, clever and analytical. A restlessness in your nature may make you a bit impatient and easily bored with routine. You may have a tendency to shirk responsibility.

I don't shirk responsibility. I do tend to get bored with routine and add tons of stress to my life with my itchy feet. Somewhat describes me I guess.

Born on the 7th day of month gives you a tendency to be something of a perfectionist and makes you more individualistic in many ways. Your mind is good at deep mental analysis and complicated reasoning. You are very psychic and sensitive, and you should usually follow your hunches. You may not take orders too well, so you may want to work along or in a situation where you can be the boss. This birthday gives a tendency to be somewhat self-centered and a little stubborn.
    Steve was born on the 7th and this is totally him. We have our own business because he simply can't take orders from someone else.

Being born on the 13th day of the month should help make you a better manager and organizer, but it may also give you a tendency to dominate people a bit. You may be more responsible and self-disciplined than your Life Path suggested because of this date. Sincere and honest, you are a serious, hard working individual. Limitations may be imposed by this 4 energy, especially if there is additional indications the number elsewhere in your number. Your feeling are likely to seem somewhat repressed at times. Even if it by itself, you are apt to be much more practical, rational, and conscious of details. Your intolerance and insistence on complete accuracy can be irritating to some.
    My daughter. She's only five so I don't see much of her in this number. My labor was induced for this day out of convenience. I'll have to look up her actual due date and see if it describes her better.
    With a birthday on the 15th of any month, you are apt to have really strong attachments to home, family and domestic scene. The 1 and 5 equaling 6, provide the sort of energy that makes you an excellent parent or teacher. You are very responsible and capable. This is an attractive and an attracting influence. You like harmony in your environment and strive to maintain it. You tend to learn by observation rather than study and research. You may like to cook, but you probably don't follow recipes. This number shows artistic leanings and would certainly support an talents that may be otherwise in your makeup. You're a very generous and giving person, but perhaps a bit stubborn in ways.

My seven year old son. It's him. He hates leaving home (except to go to grandma mulan's). When we come home from vacation, he sighs with relief to be home again. I don't expect him to travel far, or ever move far away from me. He is extremely smart but he does study a lot, however, he only has to see something done once and he has it down pat.

Does it matter that my daughter was induced early? My son fits his number very well, he was due on the 29th but came early. I was born on my due date. Not sure about Steve. Do we adapt to our numbers or are we born on the date for a reason?

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    BC, it's an "energy".............I had a report done by Steven Forrest, a leading astrologer.........and, this is what he had to say, in part:

Thanks Terri for that explaination. Astrology has always facinated me, there is just so much to it, so much to learn, he,hee now that I'm not going to 5 meetings weekly I guess I have time to investigate it more.

Thanks for all the links and I do think it would be worth the 20 bucks to have my chart done, I'm going to check into it.

Kate

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Being born on the 13th day of the month should help make you a better manager and organizer, but it may also give you a tendency to dominate people a bit. You may be more responsible and self-disciplined than your Life Path suggested because of this date. Sincere and honest, you are a serious, hard working individual. Limitations may be imposed by this 4 energy, especially if there is additional indications the number elsewhere in your number. Your feeling are likely to seem somewhat repressed at times. Even if it by itself, you are apt to be much more practical, rational, and conscious of details. Your intolerance and insistence on complete accuracy can be irritating to some.
    My daughter. She's only five so I don't see much of her in this number. My labor was induced for this day out of convenience. I'll have to look up her actual due date and see if it describes her better.

It sounds like her to me. Especially this part: but it may also give you a tendency to dominate people a bit.

Rachel, read the #4. It sounds just like Danny, and he was 6 weeks premature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit