Astrology, the Zodiac, etc............

by Sunnygal41 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Princess
    Princess
    apt to be much more practical, rational, and conscious of details. Your intolerance and insistence on complete accuracy can be irritating to some.

this sounds more like Rhys though. Zoe does tend to dominate...but then they both try!

Did you see 23 is the same as 5? Are dad and I that much alike? Randy and Stephen's are pretty much right on too. Dan's is totally accurate.

the 29th does not come close to describing Rhys. I'm pretty sure Zoe's due date was the 18th but she probably would have been born on the 13th or 14th anyway as I was having some active contractions when they induced me.

edited to say I just read 14 and since it also makes 5, it's the same as mine. Maybe that's why we butt heads already but she also can't stand for me to be out of her sight?

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Did you see 23 is the same as 5? Are dad and I that much alike?

Yes, very similar. He thought his was accurate except for one thing. You may have a tendency to shirk responsibility. Definitely not either of you.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Sorry Sunnygal, as much as we agree politically, and even though you're probably a nice person, I refuse to follow the path of uncritical thinking or censuring myself in an open forum. I consider opposing stuff like this akin to taking out the garbage. Yes, you'll probably hate me for this, but consider: if there was a thread started by JWs talking about their lunatic beliefs and they said "Sorry, we want to keep this discussion for us only. No criticism" would you not find that closed-minded and not a little insecure? I would.

Take a look at the following link:

http://skepdic.com/astrolgy.html

Peruse that site with an open mind.

All best,

Bradley

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    The people here who are posting are all believers at some depth. We want to have a nice discussion and compare notes. I've asked you nicely to not bother us. If you want to debate astrology, whatever......take it to a new thread! Please respect us, as we try to respect you.

Sounds like a fair and reasonable request to me.

Chris

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bradley:

...with an open mind.
    All the best.

You might want to take your own advice, once in a while...

• detective
    detective

The people here who are posting are all believers at some depth. We want to have a nice discussion and compare notes. I've asked you nicely to not bother us. If you want to debate astrology, whatever......take it to a new thread! Please respect us, as we try to respect you.

Sounds like a fair and reasonable request to me.

I wholeheartedly disagree. Sounds like censuring without reason to me. True, there may have been some responses that are a bit harsh, but it seems that Rem, for example, has given plenty of thought-provoking comments.

It's just silly to sputter and say... "don't bother me with all that counter opinion. I don't want to even read it".

That's totally weak.

• logansrun
    logansrun

No, no detective! Let's all just be nice and let people spout nonsensical drivel without any type of critical thinking. Puleeeeze.

Bradley

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Why should anyone listen to your opinion, Bradley?
    You are hardly listening to their reasonable requests.

There is such a thing as respecting people, ya know?
    You may disagree with their beliefs, but if they aren't hurting anyone, why are you letting it chap your hide?
    Gove them the space they ask for, instead of being such an ass...

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Look, this is a discussion board, not a credulous agreement board.

I am sure there are boards where discussions on this topic can be met without any dissenting views. Just like there are boards where JW's can have 'wholesome fellowship' without 'dissenting views'. Why is that bad, and the expectation of a respectful silence to what some consider equivalently objectionable views not bad?

I think it is it's reasonable to suggest if you want uncritical responses, go where you can reasonably expect them.

I'm sure no one gives a hoot if you do post them here, and some will enjoy it, but to expect people with experience of the damage pseudoscience and potentialy exploitative beliefs can do to not speak out about issues involving pseudoscience and potentialy exploitative beliefs is obviously wrong, both (in my opinion) to expect AND to even want.

Who made some people god to decide what beliefs people have to suffer in silence and those that it's okay to comment about?

Can I have a thread on a topic of my choice where no one is allowed to say I am wrong?

Why is it okay to shred a dumb Creationistic argument that ignores scientific fact (whilst using a PC to make it), and not okay to shred a dumb Astrological argument that ignores scientific fact (whilst using a PC to make it)?

You are welcome to your beliefs and to expressing them. Extend those with polar views the same courtesy.

I'd ask anyone who does think it reasonable to request people gag themselves the following question;

If you consider having discussions that can only involve 'true' believers from the outset (due to their unsupportable nature when examined by any reliable method) is 'okay', exactly what have you learnt in your departure from a cult?

And save the 'harmless' routine. Are lies harmless? If someone's engagement with them is such they don't want to even hear an opposiong view, I don't think they are.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Bradley you've been asked nicely and yet you continue to ignore the simple request:

Okay, listen all you skeptics....Bradley, Rem, I have politely stated at the beginning of this thread that this is not a debate thread. Obviously you've either decided to ignore it or your reading skills need to be refreshed, or maybe your retention rate isn't that good? The people here who are posting are all believers at some depth. We want to have a nice discussion and compare notes. I've asked you nicely to not bother us. If you want to debate astrology, whatever......take it to a new thread! Please respect us, as we try to respect you.

Terri

Terri and all the best way to deal with Bradley is to ignore him, do not respond to his post! He will either give up or start his own counter thread where ya'll can debate away. It's up to you if you reply to him you begin the debate.

Kate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit