Astrology, the Zodiac, etc............

by Sunnygal41 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

I'm a Libra and pretty close to my personality type, but my daily horoscope is never ever right. However, my husband's is always right on the money. So I don't know what's going on there. Anyway, I went to an astrologer once, she was very cool, the daughter of a famous British comedian. She took all my info ahead of time and then when I walked in the first thing she said to me was that my chart showed that I had no confidence, and I would just have to get off my butt (not in those exact words, she was nicer than that) and learn to do go ahead and do things anyway. Since lack of confidence is my biggest problem, I was pretty impressed. Also depressed, as I had always hoped that someday the confidence fairy would wave her magic wand and give me some. But it was good advice, it helped.

• copsec
    copsec

Kinda along the same line I guess, what do ya'll think of psychics??? Is it real or phony? I have been thinking of scraping up the cash to get a consultation with one who the FBI claims has been right 98% of the time they have used her. It's $250 for a one hour consultation and I don't really have it to spend if its phony but if she could tell me who killed my nephew and why it would be worth it to me

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am a Virgo, but tend to be more Leo. One gal who used to post here did a chart for me a few years ago. It was frighteningly accurate, and explained why I fit the Leo profile more than the Virgo. I was stunned. I had never met her, so she wasn't going on things she knew about me.

Having said that, I would say I am open to it. Not a true believer exactly, but not closed minded either.

• Puternut
    Puternut

I had never delved into this, until a friend of mine showed me something very interesting about me. I am a Pisces, and I am on a cusp. I read everything there is about the caracter of a Pisces, and was amazed at what I found. This was not a hororscope. It was merely a discription of what Pisces likes, dislikes, habits, are. And I found it to be very true. So am I a believer? Yes I am. I know where my risings are and how they affect who I am.

I did the same reading on my friend. She is a Scorpio. And once again, I was stunned with the accuracy of the read.

I have since followed a few horoscopes, but find that it's not always accurate. Perhaps I am reading the wrong types. I don't know if you can tell day by day what is to happen to you. But the overall read about the personalities concerning zodiacal signs are fascinating.

But I am new to all this.

Puternut

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I have studied many of the Zodiacal personality and physical traits of each of the 12 signs for the past 40 some-odd years and find them to be extremely accurate, unless altered by a strong ascendant, etc. I recognize some signs by their physical traits and some by their personality traits when meeting them in person and have accurately nailed strangers' signs by their physical appearance.

As for the accuracy of charting future tendencies, some ppl have a talent for it, but others do not.

Frannie B

• Octavia
    Octavia

Astrology is sooo fascinating... there's geo-centric as well as helio-centric astrology.... the really fascinating thing about that is even though the two types seem opposite and contradictory, they are truly harmonious when integrated into a rectified natal chart. I've never done this personally, but I've "perceived the harmony between my own geo-centric chart and helio-centric chart.... WOW! It'll rock your world (especially if you're high and have been up for 10 days or so!) to spend several hours meditating on the cosmic influence of tHe He avens on our's elves! Not to mention our's God's elves... etc. Anyway, I'm sure this seems non-sensical to some, to others it's speaking.

Please don't judge astrology by the horoscopes in the newspapers. Oh, and by the way, every Virgo I've ever met (so far) has said that their horoscopes NEVER are accurate; yet they can't see the their saying (/be lie ving) that, they are proving the accuracy of their "sign"'s description. It's cute, really.

My virgo sister (also an ex-JW dissociated her's elf) is begining to see past her prejudices to astroglogy in that she recognizes the influences of other "signs" (primarily gemini [also my dad's & my first husband's sign] and how they affect her life and path...I'm very proud of her for being able to have "faith" (sometimes hard for earth signs as well as air signs) in "the outworkings of her affairs" and use the cosmic influences at her disposal as a guide to her past, present and future evolutions.

Anyway, enough ramblings for now... this thread is in it's infancy. Thanks for posting it Sunnygal!

• Corvin
    Corvin

I would just like to say that I am a Taurus, and that's no bull!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

My thoughts on this are a bit scattered, forgive my ramblings but here goes.

I'm an Aquarius and all my life I would read my horoscope (bad JW) because it fascinated me at how true it usually was.

Recently I've been learning about the Bible and how it's based on Astrology due to the fact that the sky and it's planets were all the ancient people had to follow. Things in the Bible like the twelve tribes of Israel correspond to 12 houses of the Zodiac. The Son of God, ika; the sun meaning the literal sun, and there are lots more that directly prove to me that the Bible is based on Astrology.

Okay now that said, one thing I've recently wondered is it because of something in the atmosphere during the exact time which makes all people born on a certain day or during a certain sky sign be so much alike?

I would very much be interested in a reading I've never had one done or a chart any idea on how or whom would do this for me?

BTW Terri:

This isn't a debate thread. If you do insist on debating us, I ask that those on here who are curious please refrain from posting any retaliatory comments, myself included. We are not here to debate these subjects, we are here to explore their veracity and their application in our personal lives.

To accomplish this simply ignore anyone who isn't willing to explore the subject and just wants to debate. As far as wondering if there would be a problem with the Admins here in doing this I don't see one at all I'll keep tabs on this thread. I think it's of interest to many and should be an informative thread.

Kate

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I"m a Cancer (ugh--that sounds soooo distasteful) My mother had a chart done on me when I was about 22, by some lady who did this for a living. I didn't put much stock in the stuff-----until something completely off-the-wall happened that had been predicted!

It concerned getting a letter from an unknown person that would change my life and be very unpleasant. She was right on target.

I've been trying to think of the woman's name, but it escapes me now...this was back in the 60's and she was fairly well-known.

I don't read the bits in the paper, they are way too vague and "general".

I should mention that a LOT of things came true in that chart that I got back then...not just the one "bad letter" incident, so I couldn't chalk it up to a coincidence. Waaaaay too eerie!

I have an open mind about a LOT of things...*I* would like to find out how to get ahold of someone who knows about "personal spirit guides", and how to look into THAT whole area......it all fascinates me so.

hugs,

Annie

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

When the moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, peace will guide the planets, and Love will fill the Stars!

I am a Saggitarian, and can see lots of similarities in myself, besides, I love being under the sign of a big, muscular, half horse-half man figure, methinks that ROCKS!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit