Is the Bible Just B.S.?

by shamus 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

If you can eat from every tree how come dubs can't do doobs. We need a campaign to allow us to buy sell and cultivate natural inebriants for recreational and procreational use. Think of it thats like someone saying it is a sin to burn dried lettuce. Knowing how vile lettuce is it is probally a major carcinogen.

• El blanko
    El blanko

If I am honest, I have "mostly" found the Old Testament scary ever since I was a tot, but the Christian scriptures "mostly" provide me with a light feeling and hope within my heart. I do enjoy the insight into human relationships contained within those books; looking at how we can treat each other in a respectful way, whilst never leaving God out of the picture.

As for God destroying nations who do not come to his Son, well for me at least, I tend to apply the "other sheep not of this fold" to those ones. Who knows, maybe God is far more merciful than any of us can imagine?

I do love the Bible regardless of it's contradictory nature. When observing the old & the new side by side, the old appears to lack love. Yet, I suppose discipline is part of being a shepherd anyway, so ....

• yxl1
    yxl1

I do find it a tad annoying when people say that god is a bastard for all the nasty things he has done as recorded in the bible. Well, IMHO the bible was written by a bunch of stoned hippies and has no relation with god. So yes, the bible is just leather bound bullshit.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

More like writen bunch of stoned gods and has no relation with hippies.

Is it so scarry to imagine a bunch of evil guys out of their minds fighting over stepping on each others cosmos. I mean the OT is God Wars 1. In "real life" it is more rational to believe the OT than the NT. The OT contains more archological history IMO (and errors too) than the NT which realatively has as much proof as Peter Pan. The farther you dig the less remarkable Jesus was. Where as there seems to be more proof of the "God Wars" in the middle east regardless of if the gods existed.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I think some humans love killing people, or sending in others to kill for them, or just talking about it incessantly...

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I agree LT, you'd have thought god would have chosen different authors for the first half of the Bible! The choice of authors certainly influenced the tone of the work (killing people, or sending in others to kill for them, or just talking about it killing people who didn;t do the right thing incessantly)...

That is what you meant, isn't it?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I side with the spiritual truth of the bible.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

When did God get a say as to which books made up the tome?

Personally I prefer to consider them on a book by book basis, rather than slamming the whole body of works.

• El blanko
    El blanko
    The OT contains more archological history IMO (and errors too) than the NT which realatively has as much proof as Peter Pan.

"IMO" should not really be applied to archeology, as many here appear to consider that area of exploration and knowledge as absolute evidence that the word contained within the Bible is either correct or incorrect.

But, in reality, you are right. IMO is the essence of many of the archeological findings. The record in many instances stand incomplete.

The greatest victory over the material universe, is that Jesus Christ does exist in the hearts of many individuals across the globe and proves to be true in the spirit of love that is generated there within.

The "New Testament" is a historical record unto itself. The spread of Christianity can be traced back to ancient Rome. Plenty of evidence there then!

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

I was not saying there is not strong proof of Christianity. There is absolute proof. I mean objectively there is no "proof" of Jesus. Religion aside Jesus was the Jewish everyman for blue collar Jews that lost faith in their religion. Objectively who knows how much of it was made up. Also to "cover up" the fact that there was no proof faith was invented. Then the entire OT was retroscoped with faith inserted. So patriarchs that had no faith (Noah for example) became "faithful". Lack of faith was demonized and considered a Semitic trait. This is all objective reasoning of coarse. I can't tell if this is what is meant by the "deeper things", but anyone that knows how to write a screen play could have written a book of the bible. In many cases God is reduced to superman or Lex Luther depending on the chapter.

By the way one thing that I would like to ask every here is so anyone find the bible umm "childsplay". People make a big deal about it. After being a JW and having everyone question the watchtower in service then when you look up the view they want you to believe you find objective that?s another "false teaching" that some other cult made up with out any proof. You are back to square one after a google search. It seems like the bible is so simple there is a God he owns you.

Since I came here I want to do more for the watchtower. Finish college get a fat job and donate huge sums of ill gotten gain. Why? Because it is a pimp concept! There should be more people that want to take over the world nonviolently by using auto indoctrination. Entire governments should pick this stuff up. It is a ready-made template for social reform.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit