Is the Bible Just B.S.?

by shamus 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• shamus
    shamus

Do you think that god enjoys killing people?

It sure sounds like it to me; JW doctrine more or less scared me into thinking that god is going to kill all persons whom he/she thinks is not doing his will. My question is, how can god kill someone for not being "christian", or following the bible out of sheer ignorance? An example would be someone in the middle east. How the hell are they supposed to know that they should be following the bible, and not the Koran? (or whatever).

"all scripture is inspired of god". Okay. How they hell are we supposed to know which is "scripture": and which is not. Is corinthians inspired? Is revelation:? Should we just take his word for it?

Or is the bible just b.s in your opinion? I am starting to think so.

I don't think that I like god too much.... or am I just mistaken in my view of him? Is it the JW's fault? I guess that I'm left to wonder.

• flower
    flower

Its not a JW thing..the bible pretty much says the same thing in any translation. God is evil dude.

No amount of reasoning can change that fact.

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

In my opinion the bible was just written by men. The texts were used as religious documents and thus survived, being passed down to our day.

• dustyb
    dustyb
    In my opinion the bible was just written by men. The texts were used as religious documents and thus survived, being passed down to our day.

yep, i believe that the bible is a good reference and a good read, but to take it so seriously as to dedicate one's life to a certain religion is just sheer ignorance.

• shamus
    shamus

dustydub,

Please change your avatar. It scares me.

Thanks for the comments so far. I am tending to agree that it is just bullshit.

• dh
    dh
    Do you think that god enjoys killing people?

god... i personally think he's whimsical about it and will do either for no other reason than that he feels like it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

There is lots of bs in it. In his book 'the bible unearthed', israeli archeologist norman finklestien says the ot was a propaganda piece by the southern tribes' priests against the northerners, who were more progressive, doing deals w nonjewish groups.

It's the genocide that the whole thing is built on that is dangerous, imo. Judaism still has that foundation, even to this day. The nt has jesus saying some good stuff, but then pharisee paul snuffs it. Anybody w a bit of empathy can do better than somebody w a 'bible trained conscience' can.

SS

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    Please change your avatar. It scares me.

Ditto, I second that!

Bttt, I think at least the first half if not all of it is.

• gumby
    gumby
    My question is, how can god kill someone for not being "christian", or following the bible out of sheer ignorance?

The same way he wiped out the whole planet of people who didn't listen to a little crazy old man who told them it was going to rain. He lived somewhere in what is now modern day Turkey. Those heathen bastards back then should have known this little old guy wasn't insane!....what the hell was wrong with them? They should have gotten wind of this all important message through the newspaper, or the internet, or pony express or something you would think! Damn!

God will destroy all who do not put faith in christ according to gods own words. If the millions of Muslims and others are too unfortunate to get to hear the message about him.......tough poop!

Gumflood

• Satanus
    Satanus

Gummy Christ

How did you get more posts than me? Eh?

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit