Is the Bible Just B.S.?

by shamus 125 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby
    Gummy Christ

How did you get more posts than me? Eh?

I have no life SS. I just sit here all day in my own urine and post until I pass out! It's the shits I tell ya!

Hey....I just realised I am going on a heavenly perfection number of posts..........Oh goodie.....something great is about to happen!

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Gumbraggart!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hockey doodles, 7000. Heh heh. This calls for something special. Maybe you get your own spiritual chariot, w some cute female catholic angels pulling it

SS

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Actually Green one God said he was going to kill everyone but noah even animals. So Imagine a fleet of other arks all the other crazy people that believed noah.Then imagine the plague of termites trying to escape a watery grave that Gods winds sent their way.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Close examination has shown that the Bible isn't always historically accurate. And its prophecies -- well there's quite a few that haven't happened, and others may have been written AFTER their so-called "fulfillment".

Also the Bible follows the lead of other religious writings in its divisiveness and its "our way or the highway" approach, despite claims we heard that it's a "book for all mankind".

The good parts of the Bible are those that encourage love for mankind and family, including the Sermon on the Mount (excluding the "seek first the kingdom" part).

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm already pissed off at my computer and my cat right now so I best not comment right now... I might say something very offincive to someone.

• shamus
    shamus

So some of the bible was written after these so called "prophecies" happened???

Really?

Is there any proof?

I would love to see it just to put this issue in my mind to rest once and for all.

And gumbastard, get off my thread, you whore!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Re:

Is the Bible Just B.S.?
    Unless snakes really can talk, it's lookin' that way.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

The only part of the Bible that I am certain of this: "He who does not love has not come to know God because God is love." 1John 4:8

I am convinced that only the fair and loving parts of the Bible are truth. I believe the rest of it was tampered with by men so they could control people. I believe they use fearful stories of God to wield that control.

How to control STDs and pregnancies? Tell people God will kill fornicators and homosexuals. He won't just kill them now. He'll burn them or kill them forever and ever Amen.

Flyin'

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

There are so many contradictions in the Bible, and I feel that it is just a book of fairy tales. Think about it, Hallucinogenic drugs have been around since the beginning of time, and I am sure that some of the writers were probably doing some of the best opiates known to man, which if it were me, I could sure write some quite interesting passages myself......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit