FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• flower
    flower

oooh so thats the secret to getting that purdy blond hair ?

mental note *must try 'hair gel' some time*

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Pork Chop, glad you like the idea. Hey try on this cool new harness vest.

oooh so thats the secret to getting that purdy blond hair ?

mental note *must try 'hair gel' some time*

As Xena said, you just have to be willing to ..... wallow.
    peel down to your skivvies and hop in a vat of pudding with me.....I feel the need to wallow
    What Xena, you thought I could pass that up?
  • flower
    flower

oi vay i have barely learned to tread water!

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Hmmm--is this the same thread? I left for a couple of hours and when I returned everyone was annointing themselves with hair gel. Guess this thread is starting to lose steam. That is OK....

hugs all around,

cybs

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

As several other posters said..."they found this thread very painful to read." It was no different for me either...two of my very favorite posters got side-ways with each other...and both, sadly, were hurt.

I thought some of the best posts came from those below, who were trying to 'bring things back peacefully' and at the same time do it respectfully for all, imho.

Eyes: her post # 3209

But you know,,,,,,,,,the WT , is losing their best elders , and have lost the best elders. The WT, is losing the best of people, male and female everyday. The men who were elders, the ex elders on this site,,,,,,,were usually the ones who tried so hard to be just, good, kind, and were not so judgemental as to think they themselves could never sin.
    The ex elders here are probably sick at heart at being pawns in the societies hands, to do their dirty work. Like I said before, the ex elders I believe , have alot of things going on within themselves, because of things they did as JW elders and things they wish they could go back and do differently. You just have to have compassion for what they are going thru , now that they have seen the light. I know my husband and another ex elder friend of his, talk for hours about cases they were on, and how much it still hurts them .
    They never show in anyway that they were proud to be elders,,,,,,,,,,mainly it is the opposite , they are ashamed to have been associated with it all and that they didnt see it sooner. They talk about wanting to kick themselves in the ass for staying so long.....lol.
    Farkel

Farkel:

Big Tex nailed the purpose of this thread the best, IMO.
    It doesn't matter WHAT kind of people ex-elders are or were. It doesn't even matter that they happen to belong to that replusive sex known as "men."
    What matters is that dubs look up to elders, rightly or wrongly. When lurking dubs see there are a whole bunch of former "glorious" ones who are also opposing the actions of the WTS, it just MIGHT convince them there is something seriously wrong with their religion.

Eyes:

Correct me if I am wrong........but , Jst2laws did not say that we were lowlife and misfits,,,,,,,,,,,but that those who come on this site the first time,,,,,may very well THINK that. I can say in my experience,,,,,,,,,when my husband first showed me this site, I was sure it was just an apostate, Jehovah hating site.
    I feel a strong need to encourage new ones, who were once like me,,,,,,,in so much pain, trying to find their way and who feel so hopeless. That is alot of the reason I stayed around too,,,,,I figure , someone , actually in this case, very many, helped me out when I needed it the most, the least I can do is pay it back.

Little Toe: of the "lowlife misfit of the lowest order (AKA Former Elder)" class!!!

Rabbit's chewings:

One of the things that really bothered me about all this...is how some people allowed their 'trigger points' to flair up so quickly and over the use/misuse, left in/left out, understood/misunderstood 'word'. Just a word or two. I understood jst2lws "list" just as he explained it at first...he confirmed it, when he got back on-line.

The JW Elders scare me and they have scarred me very deeply, along with almost everyone else here. Most people tho' hopefully knew one, two, three or more 'good ones,' I knew several of them. They were the ones that seemed to really care about people and so-to-speak, "the Spirit of the law, rather than the letter of it." I believe that those 'good ones' are the ones who may be here now...or may be on their way out of the WTS, or will be...!

I was shocked and dismayed so many of the women here...that have been mistreated at the hands of men. AND how many of these men were JW Elders. I am very glad now, I never became an Elder...I was pushed & pressured to that end, being told always,"You're still not doing enough." I'm glad I was a mis-fit...because now, I do not have to deal with the bad conscience, so many Elders say they have now, after sitting in judgment of others. People died in suicides, because of blood issues and families and children were torn apart, because of the DF/DA shunning practices. And of course, the children that were molested, and their tormenters were protected.

Yet, because of the same beliefs we all chose, they being 'men' are pushed and deceived, too...they are guided into 'Eldership."

They are also the ones who now must live with themselves and their judgments upon others.

I was a long-time pioneer (that's not bragging) and a man and a R & F JW. Some of the ladies here have obviously had some terrible experiences with men and Elders (who are of course required to be men). I am sometimes angered & embarassed by the gender I am born into, I will apologise in behalf of my gender. But, aren't you glad you were not a man back then? Aren't you glad you were 'only' a R & F like me and most of the others here? I am. I am very grateful... with all the other problems men & women have normally, + we who've been witnesses + those who are now... X Elders

They are also the ones who now must live with themselves and their judgments upon others.

I don't think the x-elders here...should be held to task for the 'bad Elders', these x-elders here, are just that..."X"

Jst2laws did not say that we were lowlife and misfits...but, it is what lurking Elders & R&F JW's have been told we are...the first time any of you came to one of these sites...didn't you feel like "the sky was going to fall, Chicken Little?" I did ! The other thing I worry about when things get kaotic here is...what will a newcomer think or do if they come here and see such a thread ? I've only been here 3 months, I'm glad this was not the first thread I read, I might have thought..."the JW's were right about these people." I might have run away...

I am glad tho' it seems people are getting past this and are making up. The hostile-type lurkers will not be pleased about that, the curious good-hearted lurkers...hopefully will see, that we can disagree , but still have a good common goal... ya' know what that is !

BTW, we call ourselves 'apostates' do we believe that? Are we taking a name (in fun) the GB gives us...sure we are! We know we're not lowlife, misfits either ! And tho' the Watchtower may think of us that way...n-n-no-o-o-o-o-o, ex-witness does ...

Wabbit [ Used to be ...of the class of the WTS ] But, no more!

• Farkel
    Farkel

This thread started out quite nicely and turned into insanity.

I do not need insanity in my life. I had enough of that in dubland.

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby
    I do not need insanity in my life

Farkel ya poor old bastard.........you were infected years ago and it's terminal......you can't get rid of it,...it's malignant....... your a doomed poor insane bastard .......so live with it!

• TonyT
    TonyT

Wow. After following this thread I had to choose between posting a reply and dealing with a yellow jackets nest. I took the cowardly way out. Hopefully the insecticide does its job before they mature and become a danger. Now for my 2 cents worth.

I have never been an elder, Bethelite or pioneer. I also have only been to one committee meeting and was dealt with mercifully I dodged a bullet. If identifying former "spiritually mature" ones on this forum will, in the eyes of the wandering dubs, give this board added credibility, and help free them from the mind control of the world?s largest publishing company I think it?s the right thing to do.

If you are "reaching out?" a pathetic attempt to regain some kind of apostate board prominence don?t expect adulation from me.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Flower:

It hurts me to know that some people feel that all I intended was to be unappreciative and undermine the efforts of a hard working caring individual. I tried very hard to make it clear that that was not my intent. Oh well, failed miserably obviously.

No, you didn't fail. You conveyed that intent well
    ((((Flower))))

So wheres the pudding wrestling takin place anyways?

I'd offer my place, but it's across the pond. How about Dallas, Bradford Suite - Room 210!

Rabbit:
    Excellent post!!! (although a little wordy. You've gotta word on that wordiness thing, bro, before it gets out of hand. I give you two "Good"s, but would like you to work on "Coherence Through Connectives" )!

Yet, because of the same beliefs we all chose, they being 'men' are pushed and deceived, too...they are guided into 'Eldership."

A couple of points that are so often missed. Thanks for mentioning it.

Gumby:
    Aye, he's doomed. DOOMED, I tell ya!!!

Any truth in the rumour that you two are sharing a room at the Bradford??
    Enquiring minds want to know, but your secret is safe with me...
    ...and the other thousands of posters here at JWD

LT of the "glad I left the borg" class.

PS. Anyone for hair gel??
    ~looks around innocently~

• gumby
    gumby
    Any truth in the rumour that you two are sharing a room at the Bradford??
    Enquiring minds want to know, but your secret is safe with me...
    ...and the other thousands of posters here at JWD

No......no truth to the rumor.........yet.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit