"The Apostates Are Infiltrating The Congregations Now"

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• seeitallclearlynow
  • NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Sounds like the episode of Get Smart where Smart had to pretend to go bad in order to infiltrate a Kaos cell. It turned out that the original Kaos man had died and all the other cell members were CIA, FBI, Navy Intelligence, etc.

So how will Don Adams feel when it turns out that his org is all undercover apostates?

Probably the same way he felt when he was playing Maxwell Smart in that episode you mentioned.

• minimus
    minimus

All I can say is, "STAY AWAY FROM THOSE APOSTATES!!!!!"

• willyloman
    willyloman

Whenver an argument breaks out on this forum (as it does earlier in this thread) about whether attendance at Kingdom Halls is up or down, I just think back to the last five or six meetings our body of elders had with the circuit overseer in recent years. At every single one of them, there was a part on the agenda where the CO asked the elders to explain the low attendance at meetings. He'd ask why the friends aren't coming like they used to. It was clearly a big problem.

We'd ask him if our congo was an exception, and he'd tell us that the problem was circuit- or district-wide. He always stopped short of saying it was a nation-wide trend but I know brothers on the other side of the continent and they report the same decline in meeting attendance at their congos.

So when scooby and others weigh in with their 'all the halls are full in our area' reports, you have to take those with a grain of salt. There are surely areas where rapid population growth or other factors will contribute to what looks like a surge in KH attendance, but overall I am convinced there is a huge problem system-wide. And what's more important: The WTS is convinced there's a problem, too.

• minimus
    minimus

Scooby's comments are unbelievable, really.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Say, Heather! I'd really love to see some of your homemade "Far Side" style cartoons of JWs and the KH - that would be great!!!!!

Seeing, they are long since gone. One day when I get my act together and set up a studio area and get back into my art I will have to draw some more. Now that I am out, I am sure the cartoons will be far more humorous and bizarre.

Heather

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

LOL at drtwsn32

Uh oh... what is that crazy bruce_jw up to now?

You can't call "him" that anymore. "He's" been promoted to "Bruce Almighty"

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

The parking lot at the Kingdom Hall near me is always full. There are two congregations that meet on separate nights. Last I heard there were about 80 members in one of the congregations and 30-40 in the other. I don't know if this number has changed much in the past few years.

Devon

• undercover
    undercover
    I just think back to the last five or six meetings our body of elders had with the circuit overseer in recent years. At every single one of them, there was a part on the agenda where the CO asked the elders to explain the low attendance at meetings. He'd ask why the friends aren't coming like they used to.

I think that must be standard procedure. They've been doing that for as long as I can remember. Remember, we're never doing enough. Can you do more. Why aren't you doing more, blah, blah, blah. Even if the numbers are good, the CO always finds something to harp on and give the elders a hard time about.

I remember one time, the congregatioin had excellent numbers. Nothing bad to report. The elders were all looking forward to giving a good report. The CO came in and blasted them on why the hall wasn't kept cleaner or under better repair. If the numbers were that good, there was no reason why the congregation couldn't afford to replace/repair some things around the building. We left that meeting(elders/MS) completely deflated.

• Panda
    Panda

Let's get back to " apostates infiltrating the congregations NOW"

Does this remind you of the 1950' and 60s when Americans believed that there was an FBI agent behind every mailbox? Only there weren't but the FBI did nothing to dispell those rumors because it made them look omnipresent? So we now have our own "FBI cum-apostate" rumor ... apostates are everywhere, that's why no one comes to meetings. HECK THE REASON ANYONE STOPS GOING TO MEETINGS IS that they have either died or gotten an education. That education might be either a "worldly" wise view on say sex and marriage or gender OR an internet education or a college education... none of which the WTS is happy about. So I think that the apostate rumor is just the latest bogey man in the shadows. They have to blame someone or something for the decline right?

THEN what if all the KH doors close? Well that leaves someone with tons of high valued property. And really let's face it, there will always be another group of mind controlling businessmen and those who pant to follow them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit