"The Apostates Are Infiltrating The Congregations Now"

by minimus 104 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

JWs think that "apostates" are looking to form their own religion or create a following. They just can't seem to comprehend that we don't believe the Witnesses have the "truth".

• willyloman
    willyloman

Much wisdom on this thread.

Loved what Min said about CO's asking the elders why meeting attendance sucked. Of nine elders in our congo at the last such meeting I attended, five trotted out the old familiar bs answers: Lack of appreciation, materialism, busy working, lack of love, etc. The other four of us just sat there and tried to avoid eye contact. I knew the other three were thinking just what I was thinking -- the meetings are intellectually insulting and just plain IRRELEVANT to the lives and the vast majority of publishers, but of course not one of us was going to say THAT.

The CO, who can't possibly be that stupid, finally sighed and suggested we work on the quality of the meetings and see if that didn't make a difference. He also asked if we were calling people on the phone when they missed a meeting and suggested we take that approach. The vast majority of us were sitting there thinking, yeah, right, that'll really piss everyone off, and so of course we never did.

You see, there's no fix for any problem when people can't talk freely.

• minimus
    minimus

There was a time when I remembered that the meetings were actually ENTERTAINING! There were skits and demonstrations and spontaneity. But then the Society wanted cultlike uniformity. EVERYTHING became bland and boring. They literally sucked the life out of the meetings and the result today is that all the meetings S U C K .

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I know a couple of active witnesses that lurk on this board and will look at threads just like this to see what they can find out.

hello Rachael!

Tell mom I said hello!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Hey Rachael!

• minimus
    minimus

Don't scare the poor active Witnesses away, Elsewhere.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

avishai if you think I give a hoot what an ignorant horse' rear end like you thinks or say you're more delusional than I thought. I love it the way pukes like you insist on living in your little fantasy world.

• minimus
    minimus

Pork Chop---That's your comeback? And you think we're pukes?

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Oh I kind of like you Minimus, you have something to say. I don't agree with you all the time, or probably not most of the time. I just don't have any use for avishai. I am not an apologist, I just call it the way I see it. There's a considerable number here that only foam negativity and I find that just as annoying as typical Witness delusions.

• shamus
    shamus

Pork,

If you dont' like the questions then don't come here.

I like Avashi a lot, and he has been through a lot. If you want to attack him when he calls you as he sees it, that's just pathetic. Trust me, I have done the same thing as you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit