Do you believe in god?

by freakyAL 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• amicabl
    amicabl

Since leaving Jwism six months ago I have read and read, listened to podcasts and watched videos for thousands of hours. I am almost an atheist.

There is a constant stream of consistent advice that filters through to me and one piece of advice is to read the New Testament after praying for Holy Spirit to understand.

I have not done that yet and I feel that I should. I am sure that I could receive a lot of been there done that no good comments but I have to try it for myself.

After all it is the scientific method.

• VW.org
    VW.org

If there is a god, he hasn't made himself known to me. But I am still early in my recovery from dubdoctrination. I want to believe in a god. The bible is full of contradictions. So I will have to keep searching elsewhere.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

No.

I would like to think there's something benevolent and a life after death.......but....pffffft......come oooonnnn!

The holy books of the world? ......hahahahahahahahahaha...junk.

It's all a delusion. Life is meaningless. We're going to die. The sun will explode and that'll be that.

All we do....all we think we are....meaningless.

Rant over. ('til next time).

• Half banana
    Half banana

The best we can do in a few lines in determining whether a god is relevant is to work from these two conditions with which the ‘believer’ is likely to agree.

1 That God created all things including humans.

2 That God created pathogens which cause suffering and kill humans.

Answer this question: If you are a loving parent would you desire your children to suffer?

The facts of human experience, testify that if a god exists, then he is a sadist and therefore not worthy of our allegiance.

However since no god ever has interacted with mankind, there is no god worth bothering about.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Which "God" ?

• atomant
    atomant

As my short time on earth is nearing its end l am more inclined to think we may very well be living in some type of simulation made by a creator or creators.The 2 slit experiment is evidence of this.But who knows?

• cofty
    cofty
    The 2 slit experiment is evidence of this.

How so?

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't have a belief. That part of me is dead, and I'm ok with it and too busy to care.

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

Loosing Jehovah was the biggest heart break of my life. Knowing that dude was a fabrication pretty much took everything else down the toilet. I will always be amazed at my ability to make total fiction a real part of my life makes me a very gunshy person. probably a bit over reactive to anything smelling faintly like it. It is shocking how those indoctrinations are a natural default setting I have to monitor ALL the time.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

No, since the only evidence of a god comes from hearsay story telling by man which is directly associated with human ignorance.

I do accept the fact though how the belief in gods can sociologically and psychologically effect humanity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit