Do you believe in god?

by freakyAL 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man

No. There is no sound evidence to support the idea of a god.

Belief in a god starts with religious indoctrination; is motivated by irrational emotionalism; and endures through scientific ignorance and lack of critical thinking skills.

• Fader812
    Fader812

I'm not sure what I believe in anymore, I cant even open a bible without getting a sick feeling. I feel upset that I let myself get brainwashed by this cult and I dont want to have a part in any religion for the same reason. If there is a grand creator may he have mercy on my soul for what I endured.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

God awareness was a needed and necessary ideological concept for the ancients because of the ignorance abound and held by humanity of that particular time and era.

The ancients even made a engaging relationship to their gods for the control and social direction they wanted to create to their civilization ..... ie. the Ten Commandments by the ancient Hebrews etc.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

a giant invisible man in the sky ?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Jehovah God ,Creator ,Judge and executioner.

His creation Adam and Eve were influenced to disobey God by Satan/serpent.

Satan was the instigator of this rebellion against God and gets what is effectively a slap on the wrist.

However humans who were victims of Satan have had no end of suffering and death for thousands of years since.

What has Satan suffered all these thousands of years in comparison to what humans have suffered and are still suffering ?

It`s like a human judge in a court of law giving a criminal a slap on the wrist for his crime and sentencing the victim to a lifetime of misery,sickness and death simply for being a victim

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    What has Satan suffered all these thousands of years in comparison to what humans have suffered and are still suffering ?

If God is anything like us, it must be very painful for Him to endure not only human suffering but a traitor of a son whom He loved and trusted and must be destroyed. God is so good and holy that when he created living things, he never imagined-it was unthinkable-that things could ever be like this -given the Bible.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

No, there is no evidence for the god of the Bible, and if there is, it owes us an apology. Could there be something more advanced than humans out there? Sure, but there also might not be. None of that means there is a god, especially not in the sense we we're taught as cult victims. The god of the Bible is an invention of humans, reflective of us, with many of the same foibles for something supposedly better than us.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Has a god revealed itself to us?

No. If it had, it'd be obvious for everyone to see and not just a game of favourites. By that I mean, if it reveals itself to some people and not others, then that's unfair. Then it kills those that don't believe in it or fail to grovel worshipping it.

So many interpretations of the bible by different people. What an epic fail if it's god communicating.

Sounds well dodgy to me. If I didn't know better, i'd think it was just a device for greedy people to control others.

• jws
    jws

I would primarily say that I don't believe in the Bible or other religious texts. People (JWs and others) assert the Bible is in perfect harmony. It is not. It is riddled with contradictions and plain mistakes. To which the religious will say it's scribal errors or mistranslated or that we have to understand ancient cultures to know what is being said (ie understand ancient slang and pop references). Which are all excuses. If we truly had a higher being write this, he would have (A) made sure it all harmonized (B) made sure the scribes copied it perfectly, (C) would have written it so that people of any future age could easily understand and (D) have written it in plain language that even the stupid could understand - not where I have to search for special fictional scenarios where some things even start to make sense.

The bible makes way more sense in it's cruelty and shocking tales and mistakes and contradictions if you understand it was written by ancient men of the middle east - alone without some divine help. Occam's Razor.

Could there be *something* out there that we'd consider a god? Some culture with super-tech? Some ancient life that bio-engineered us? That possibly terra-formed our planet for life? Perhaps even a creator of all things? Possibly. I doubt it, but I can't say with certainty that something doesn't exist. Unless there's a way to verify it.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

If there is a "great architect" at all then, as far as im concerned, he/she/it/they are not worth worshiping and doesn't seem to be bothered whether we do or dont.

If it is the God of the bible or the Koran, the he's definitely not worth worshiping and i can fully understand Satan rebelling and becoming his adversary.

But no. I have no reason to believe in any "great architect".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit