Do you believe in god?

by freakyAL 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus
    notsurewheretogo

Law of cause and consequence takes care of everything--everyone has to learn from experience (own or of others) which means God doesn't have to communicate with us because it is not necessary and serves no purpose.

• venus
    venus

notsurewheretogo
    , regarding your point “
    And in that case it is pointless whether to believe in him or not as it serves no purpose or benefit to god or us if he does not communicate.

You are right in saying ‘God is not looking for any benefit from His creation.’ The image of God we have is all from religions which are created for livelihood of some people, hence can’t be true. Truth is that God is not a recipient, but Giver which means He will not receive worship from anyone (which is of ego, impurity). This has been understood by very few sages in the past. For example, in some parts of earth sun is called “aditya” and God is described as “adityavarna” which means God has qualities of the sun, the giver of light and heat. Aditya means 'of Aditi'. The name Aditi (literally, without division, without limit) is mentioned in Vedas as mother of Surya (Sun) and other celestial bodies or gods as Adityas (meaning sons of Aditi); and similar sounding word aatithya means hospitality. Sun is remembered for its service because it is a giver of light and warmth to all beings equally—without any division and without any limit. Thus the name aditya shows us the very essence of sun in whose hospitality all living beings are sustained. Also, sun is an amazing example of spirituality because it is always a GIVER (and receiving is not its concern). Hence in the past people used to remember God when they saw physical sun because God is the ULTIMATE GIVER of (spiritual) light and all empowerments. (Psalms 84:11; Mathew 5:44-48) What a splendid example both God and sun set for humans on earth! At the daily sight of sun, everyone is reminded to say to himself: “All my actions should enlighten and empower others; and I should have no expectations from others.” Imagine how heavenly your life would be if you are living with a person who has such sun-like-qualities.

• cofty
    cofty

venus - the "god" you describe is utterly useless. It is precisely the same as no god at all.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    People learn through experience—they are supposed to repeat what brings benefits, and to avoid what brings harm to them and others.—in that case, He doesn’t have to communicate with us. -venus

So God watched while humans burnt hundreds of screaming humans so we could learn from experience that religious bigotry has no value? Did he have popcorn?

• venus
    venus

COFTY,

This is like how people describe peace--some will say it is a desirable quality, yet for arms merchants (industries and governments) it is an undesirable situation--they want conflicts.

Similarly, I was not in favor of a God who seeks worship. When I came to know, from my own reflection, that God would not accept worship, I began to believe in God--that's the sort of God I am looking for or I am inclined to love--just opposite to the view all religionists present Him to be.

• venus
    venus
    Xanthippe

If God is the father, he would definitely know the capacity of his children. Man is capable of solving all the problems on earth, he really wants. Already some parts of earth is like paradise which can be extended to other parts if humans really wants.

Humans are now behaving like this--one step forward and two step backward. Let them take a U-turn.

• venus
    venus
    Xanthippe,

First constructive change should be this--ban all religions.

Then arrange a panel of experts from all countries to find out ways to avoid all other wastages

• waton
    waton

Religion is a human invention, a small point where the bible is right, in it, Abel found a way to get rid of the carrion, that even his pet lion would not eat,

A non communicating god [creator] is useless? well, it is like a lost parent, all the heavy lifting, your making, is done, thank you or not. and:

Often there are surprises when silent and distant parents have their will read.

• venus
    venus
    waton, I liked your point:Often there are surprises when silent and distant parents have their will read.”

Non-communication God is not useless because communication can be in many levels. As a parent when you make sure your children get inheritance according to each one deserves, there is a communication in that act. Similarly, God has put in an invisible mechanism whereby every one receives what he deserves or takes birth where he deserves to be in. It takes more than ordinary seeing to see this. Ordinary eyes see an action or happening separately [often lamenting “why it happened to me”] where as the authentic eyes see it as part of a flow! Science knows nothing happens isolated which Sir Isac Newton detailed it through three laws of motion. Then there is STRING THEORY, also called, Theory of Everything (ToE) which suggests that the fundamental “positive-energy unit” in our universe is not “elementary particles” but vastly smaller “strings of energy” and thus gives a common explanation for the four main forces seen in nature [the electromagnetic force, the strong and weak nuclear force and gravity]. In other words, when you apply the laws, principles and relationships of physics to the four fundamental forces and all the associated elementary particles then sit back and watch, you would see the universe unfold as it should—no different from what it is now. Scottish physicist Peter Higgs (Nobel Prize laureate for his work on the mass of subatomic particles) envisioned an energy field where particles interact with a key particle, the Higgs boson. Richard Feynman (Nobel Prize winner for quantum electrodynamics) said, "Why nature is mathematical is a mystery...The fact that there are rules at all is a kind of miracle." (The Meaning of It All: Thoughts of a Citizen-Scientist by Richard Feynman) Such teachings are now abundant. All these scientific visions of everything being run by precise laws and being connected points to the existence of God who doesn’t have to intervene or communicate with us. Accepting the truth that everything is linked and everything that happens is governed by laws gives us inner peace and we begin to see any event in its totality—many factors and forces are at work, and we agree that whatever happened should happen the way it did! Such a person would stop asking why, but always say “wow” which is a sign that life has become a celebration.

• waton
    waton

@venus, Yeah, we do not have to wait for another " God is Dead" announcement to see, feel and hear, smell, taste his will.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit