What do you collect?

by FlyingHighNow 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Shaft
    Shaft

I have collections of many different things. The first things I ever collected were albums, cassette tapes and later compact discs. I even have some eight tracks. Somewhere I think I still have an eight track of the Beatles Sgt. Peppers which unfortunately broke.
    I have a neat collection of rock related T shirts. My favorites of those were given to me by FlyingHighNow and I was so delighted that she knew well enough to know how much I'd love a Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" shirt. She also got me a couple of Ramones shirts too. One with their band logo on it and the other features the cover of their fourth album "Road to Ruin" I even have two Kiss shirts!
    I also collect the state quarters and these miniature coffee mugs with logos of NFL football teams. I have several Carolina Panthers...anyone from North Carolina have a bunch of Detroit Lions mugs they might want to swap? I also have a few key chains with football team logos and little helmets too.
    Andy AKA Shaft (right on)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Oh crap! When I read the title to this thread, the first thing that popped into my head was 'dust'!

But you said we can't use that? Oh well.

Regards,

Jim_TX

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Angharad! LMAO!!!

I also have a huge collection of various sized dust particles

I collect feathers, tarot cards, crystals of all kinds, quotes and poetry, books, unusual fungi, insects..........yeah, I'm a very strange woman.........go ahead, you can say it!!!

Terri

• freeman
    freeman

I collect coin-operated machines and related paraphernalia from the sixties, seventies, and eighties. In my collection I have pinball, arcade, gambling, jukebox, and soda machines. All of them were not working when I first acquired them, but I have since repaired and restored them. Growing up the kids loved having such cool stuff, and even now having a soda machine stocked with ice-cold soda and beer out by the pool continues to be a big hit during summertime parties. My wife says she is leaving me if I come home with just one more thing. Boy, I sure will miss her.

Freeman

• Valis
    Valis

hey freeman..I always wanted one of these...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Stamps (cancled or not)

Cycling jerseys

Bicycle knick-knacks ie: picture frames, planters ect...

Hard Rock Cafe shot glasses

Cows (black and white ones)

Bird houses

Books especially tiny Golden Books

"stuff" lots of stuff................errrrr!!!!

Kate (who needs a house to put all this stuff)

• Valis
    Valis

Katie forgot to mention her penchant for crusty old geezers...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I'm not much into collecting physical things... but my recollections are uncanny! alias

Alias, I hope they're mostly good recollections.

Shaft, thanks for adding to the thread. I like the Ramones logo Tee shirt the most, especially since I bought it for you at Hot Topic at Pearl Center in Pearl City on Oahu.

But you said we can't use that? Oh well Regards,Jim_TX

Jim, sorry about that, I guess we're all hooked into the cosmic wit.

I collect feathers, tarot cards, crystals of all kinds, quotes and poetry, books, unusual fungi, insects..........yeah, I'm a very strange woman.........go ahead, you can say it!!! Terri

Terri, weird? Nahhhhh.

In my collection I have pinball, arcade, gambling, jukebox, and soda machines. Freeman

Freeman, I always wanted the kids to have a jukebox. I also wished I could find them the old 70s pinball machine: Gator. What lucky kids you have.

"stuff" lots of stuff................errrrr!!!!Kate (who needs a house to put all this stuff)
    bikerchic

Kate, What do you keep them in now, a tent??

Valis, I think I finally got over my sympathy pains. I think your monkeying around with your avatar helped.

I hope I have commented on all of your collections. I am enjoying reading about you and what you find of interest. If I have missed you, my profound apologies. I have read them all.

Thank you everyone and keep them coming. Don't be shy. We want to know.

Heather

• reboot
    reboot

I love books; historical biogs mostly, antique dutch china(blue and white) and anything from the 19th and 18th centuary,old dolls house tiny dolls and furniture, silk childrens clothes,charcoal sketches, lanterns, furniture; jewellery;

my childrens friends asked my kids recently if theyre scared living in our house; lol-a kind of Dickensian, Byronesque, Georgian mix.. -I always loved museums, abbeys and stately homes as a child and feel happy being surrounded by things that have a history and like to have candlelight rather than electric light .I think I was born in the wrong centuary

• Ron1968
    Ron1968

I am one of those people who collect junk. I have a hard time throwing anything away and I took this partly after my family. Anyway, I am actually in the process of doing a lot of cleaning and throwing away of stuff that I won't use again.

Ron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit