What do you collect?

by FlyingHighNow 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Xena...I got yer pocket dragon..

My odlest camera is a Brownie Box manufactured in 1900. After that they range from the Browni Six 16, to the Kodak Duraflex, to Polaroid, to land cameras, one of which was used to take easrly NASA photos, 35mms of all types and kinds, and my broken digitals...er....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I collect little statues from fairy-tale figures, (have a few pocketdragons not the one that Xena pictured - but "a book my size" and others)
    little chrystal - copper - tin polar-bears, snales, frogs and owls
    minerals
    dvd's and video's from Walt Disney
    (bone) china
    comics and strips
    Thousends of books

and yes, much to much of dust.
    Viv is going crazy about what I am collecting.

• Sassy
    Sassy
    Yes, Sassy collects friends. You should see her collection!!! She keeps them all in glass curio cabinets. They are getting so squished in their and let me tell you a secret: most of them really need a bath! Sometimes she lets them out so she can change their clothes or comb their pretty hair.

lol Sally.. and here I thought you were going to comment on our umbrella drink collection.. I think we need to work on it personally!

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I live in a small apartment so there is not enough room to collect the two things I'd like to collect, which are old computers

That's something I'd like to collect as well. I've had numerous computers in the past, but I didn't keep them simply because they took up too much room. Getting software for them is also a challenge.

I love collecting coins, and I realized after I worked drive-thru at Wendy's that I discovered a goldmine! You have no clue how many people give me multiple coins for food, when one coin cashed in would suffice. I just find coins fascinating. I've been collecting since I was around 10 years old. It's amazing watching these things go up in value as I get older.

I also like collecting 8-tracks, however, I only collect ones that I can actually stand listening to (sorry, I don't have a copy of Harry's Happy Organ Music Vol 4). 8-tracks that were made in the 1980s are much harder to come by. The great thing about them is buying them, fixing them, then finally listening to them. It seems they're much more difficult to come by than records.

I also like collecting music by artists that I like (Blue Oyster Cult, Shampoo, The Hollies) and now it seems I've gotten myself into collecting Karaoke mp3s.

• Valis
    Valis

Nos, are you collecting the quarters?

• luna
    luna

I'd have to say books.

Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere to really put them right now, so they're all packed away in boxes and boxes in the barn.

Someday, if I ever win the lottery, I'll have a house that has a LIBRARY....that would be ideal. But, until then, I just keep buying books, and packing them away...

Other than that, not really a collector. I've always thought about finding something to collect, but have never really found anything that's grabbed my attention.

Luna

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Nos, are you collecting the quarters?

Honestly, I haven't kept up to date on the more recent ones (such as the millenium quarters). I find them to be the least fascinating. I loved collecting the 1992 quarters where they put all the provinces on them (unfortunately, I don't have the one with the caribou on it).

Stupid Coin Collecting Fact #2945: The Canadian 2003 pennies are made from a different material than the previous years. Try putting a magnet to them, then to pennies from the previous years. I'm not sure what they're made of now, I should look into it.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

dust... sigh

• Valis
    Valis

I'm collecting the State quarters for the kids. Got a couple of those holders that looks like a map of the US and each quarter fits into each state. When I get them all I'm going to give them to the girls in a frame.Next is Michigan and then Florida..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• luna
    luna

Nos,

He was probably talking about the US quarters...the ones that are being released w/ the states. (different state, different picture on the back of the quarter).

Is Canada doing the same thing as well?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit