What do you collect?

by FlyingHighNow 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Xena
    Xena
    wine....ok I drink all that...

I simplified that Jo, I just collect the empty bottles

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie
    I love snow globes though I don't have any myself. I even enjoy looking at the animated snowglobe gifs you can find on line at this time of year. How many do you have and how do you display them?

I have 300 and change in total, but as for the ones I have permanently on display, those number about 150. I display them in a lighted curio hutch that we had built into the back wall of the basement when we built our house. People who don't know about my collection react with surprise and laughter when they see it for the first time, and are always curious about the history of the pieces and the stories that accompany them (well, I think they're interested, they might just be smiling and not making any sudden moves for fear that the crazy snowdome lady might hurt them if they mock her). I have some that fit all my criteria dating back to the late 1920's that are fabulous, I have a wonderful pair of 60's snowglobe salt and pepper shakers from DC that remain one of my favorite acquisitions, and a new (to me) Niagara Falls early 80's dome with a pencil sharpener glued into the base (with the original price tag on it-$1.85!). Every so often I go downstairs and pull them out and shake them just for the fun of it. I'm sure my children, when they are older, will either arm wrestle eachother to see who gets the collection, or they'll arm-wrestle to see who has to take it when I'm gone.

As to my husband's Jesus collection, the figurines he has of children playing sports with Jesus are from the collection you mentioned in your post. We saw Conan's parodies of them one night--they were very funny!

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

FlyingHighNow,

You ask if I have all the quarters up to now. I don't rightly know. I don't have a card to place them in, but maybe you can tell me. So far I have 19 different states. Everytime I get quarters from anywhere I check them.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Books especially tiny Golden Books

Bikerchic, I used to collect these when I was younger. I had one that was extremely special because they mis-titled it. It was mis-titled "The Friendly Book" and it had nothing to do with friends. Not long after, I saw it in a store with the correct title, "Things I Like". The artwork on the cover remained the same.

Somewhere I think I still have an eight track of the Beatles Sgt. Peppers which unfortunately broke.

Beatles 8-tracks in the white plastic enclosure are much more rare than the black ones. If you want to fix your Beatles 8-track, go here:

http://www.8trackheaven.com/faq.html#7.

• sens
    sens
    i collect 'the american conservative' magazine every 2 weeks. i stick them into a cellophane wrapper to cherish for the rest of my life.

ROTFL...PMSL...LMAO!!!!!!!!

Ya Tart!

I collect:

Men.

Comps.

Virus's (80's -2004), yer you read right...I have over 500, which I know doc and elsewhere are busting to get there hands on.

Issues Of 2600 Magazine.

Linux Merch.

Software Dating Back to the 80's.

Scripts.

Oh Yer And Domain Names.

• waiting
    waiting

lol - so many different ideas on what's interesting.

I collect primarily china/yelloware/pottery/tinware. Watt pottery being the favorite. Moorcroft - when I can afford it - or find someone who doesn't know what it is.

Love to find things centuries old - particularily if personal in some way. A touch back in time.

Now I accumulate all kinds of crap! But that's different. My husband's a collector...and far worse.....a *saver.* As in, "I'd better save that....could use it someday."

waiting

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Virus's (80's -2004), yer you read right...I have over 500

sens

Thx alot sens! You told me you were clean that night

Umm, I like architectural books that deal with styles like Modern, Arts & Crafts, Greene & Greene, FLR, Mies van der Rohe, etc.

I'd love to collect the modern furniture as well, but damn, that's stuff can get expensive; i.e, $3,000.oo+ for a Barcelona Pavilion chair and ottoman

One day I want to collect BMW's

Got my E34 535i so far...

• truman
    truman

I collect books, books, and more books. Then there are cats of all kinds, including the 4 live ones I have. And "TV Guides"....which I have been collecting since 1967. I have many boxes of them. They are a real trip down nostalgia lane for the TV buff. I wish I had a place to display them. Maybe someday.

• sens
    sens
    Thx alot sens! You told me you were clean that night

LMFAO!!!

• Shaft
    Shaft

Kenneson,

There are 25 state quarters out right now. They are released in the order that the states were admitted into the union. So far they have done Delaware through Alabama. Michigan is next. I am excited because that is my home state. Andy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit