What do you collect?

by FlyingHighNow 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Ya and I'm an idiot cuz I forgot Nos wasn't in the States...sheesh I'm a stupid head sometimes...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• dustyb
    dustyb

boogers

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i collect 'the american conservative' magazine every 2 weeks. i stick them into a cellophane wrapper to cherish for the rest of my life.

• luna
    luna

Are you calling us "boogers", or are you saying you collect them?

Valis- I didn't think you were a stupid head, I just thought you were going w/ the thought process of "the United States Quarter is the only quarter in the WHOLE WORLD!!"

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I collect Holly Hobby plates I'll post a pic of them they are wicked cool. We collect rocks and antique stuff I have a whole collection of Apothecary bottles and lots of old books

• Valis
    Valis
    l"the United States Quarter is the only quarter in the WHOLE WORLD!!"

well it is right?! .duh!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer of the "Monetarily Nationalistic" class

• sandy
    sandy

I collect old black and white movies.

Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Katherine Hepburn, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford and many more.

• Valis
    Valis

sandy, do you have The Loved One?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    He was probably talking about the US quarters...the ones that are being released w/ the states. (different state, different picture on the back of the quarter).

Is Canada doing the same thing as well?

Canada did it in 1992, each month a new quarter was released with one of the provinces on it - 10 provinces, 2 territories (at the time). I have the collection. A few years ago, they made a 3rd Territory - Nunavut and a couple of years ago, they put Nunavut on the Toonie (two dollar coin).

Canada also came out with millenium quarters (again, a new one every month) which I think was a stupid concept altogether. The pictures are crap and make the quarters look like play money.

US quarters are a little more difficult to come by here, but US pennies are quite common. The oldest US penny I have is from 1919. I find US coins interesting for the seer purpose of the mint mark. I believe it's a US 1909 SBVD penny that is worth a nice chunk of cash.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    I collect owls, especially white owls. Thanks for asking !SeeingItAllClearlyNow

SeeingItAllClearlyNow,I think I missed you a while ago. My first mother in law, may she R.I.P. collected owls as well. You're welcome. Isn't it interesting to know what people collect?

Someday, if I ever win the lottery, I'll have a house that has a LIBRARY....that would be ideal. But, until then, I just keep buying books, and packing them away...Luna

Luna, Me, too.

SaintSatan, I'll come back with an edit for you.

Edit. Do y'all realise that collectors are obsessives, and collecting is an obsession?

You know, I never really thought about it but you sure could be right.

,I tried collecting men but they kept escaping Xena

Xena, This is just cute. Thank you for the smile.

Shirley,(heaven for me is made of Knitting machines, meat pies and lurchers)MeatPie

Shirley, I got one of those Knit A Row A Second knitting machines for X-mas one time back in the 60s. Do you remember them? They were a small version for children. I had a lot of fun with mine until I bent a needle and it jammed it up.

~~~~ Sally, of the "sleep with one eye open" class

SimpleSally, Duly noted and thank you for the warning.

Country Woman I collect little statues from fairy-tale figures, (have a few pocketdragons not the one that Xena pictured - but "a book my size" and others)

Country Woman, I have some little ones in my collections as well. I just purchased three tiny garden gnomes that will hang off the rim of your potted plants.

I also like collecting music by artists that I like (Blue Oyster Cult, Shampoo, The Hollies) and now it seems I've gotten myself into collecting Karaoke mp3s.Nosferatu

Nos, I named my daughter after a Hollies song.

dust...sigh plmkrzy

Plmkrzy, I join you in your sigh.

I collect Holly Hobby plates I'll post a pic of them they are wicked cool. We collect rocks and antique stuff I have a whole collection of Apothecary bottles and lots of old booksSheila

Sheila, please do post, I remember Holly Hobby, later on she made me think of Little House On The Prairie

I collect old black and white movies.

Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, Katherine Hepburn, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford and many more.Sandy

Sandy, I love all those old movies as well. Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte, very cool.

If I somehow miss anyone. I am reading about all of your collections and I find out more about you when I do. Please keep them coming. It's fascinating for all of us.

Heather

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit