What do you collect?

by FlyingHighNow 118 Replies latest jw friends

• Valis
    Valis

Well guess what came in the post today!

Duo Six-20 Series II

A leather covered camera from Kodak AG, manufactured in a style reminiscent of the early Retinas and so called for its 'half-frame' use of 620 film to give 16 exposures on a roll. This is achieved by having two red windows on the back of the camera, allowing each of the eight frame numbers to be used twice. The flip-up optical viewfinder on the top plate is accompanied by a rotating depth of field calculator, calibrated in English and in feet on both, on the right hand end. The camera on the left is the first version, having a silver-lined black enamel top-plate, a winding key rather than a knob, and a 3-speed shutter for it's 7.5cm f/4.5 Kodak Anastigmat lens. The second-model camera, on the right, has a four speed shutter, a similar lens, and an accessory shoe on it's satin-chrome top-plate. The later camera also has a body release for the shutter, and is overall slightly larger and heavier than the early model. Both of the cameras shown are marked "Duo 620" on the back, however I have another example of the later camera, fitted with the same lens in a Compur shutter, marked "Kodak Duo Six-20 Series II".

Thanks talley so much for my newest old camera! Its in great shape and the carrying case rocks! Woot! On to the mantle with you I say!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Porcelain dolls, lace doilies, Rose dessert plates ... and ummmm ... do sexy shoes count ...?

ESTEE

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

I collect:

Edged Weapons-----Stone Orbs-------Fossils--------Comic Books------Dust

Thunder ==}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• morty
    morty

I like to have one of everything, according to hubby.....Actually, I have some where in the area of over 1000 vhs movies, and now hubby and I have started our dvd collection...First ones on the list are the Disney ones of course...Next are my beanie babies, I have about 450 of them, and finally my favorite collection which my son has taken over ever so slightly ( he has also contributed to it as well ) is my Toronto Maple Leaf things...Anything with the leafs on it we have, even salt and pepper shakers...We have his bedroom displaying all of our Leaf stuff...I always wanted to do my entire living room in the Leafs decor, but my mother would have had a cow, and it would be waaaay to much to keep up with all the dusting....

Morty the die hard leaf fan!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Well, cool! It's a good thing I went back in my post history. I thought this thread had died.

Well guess what came in the post today! Thanks talley so much for my newest old camera! Its in great shape and the carrying case rocks! Woot! On to the mantle with you I say! Valis

Thanks for sharing, Valis. Did you get this camera as a result of posting about your camera collection? If so, this is an unexpected bonus of starting this thread. Serendipity so to speak.

do sexy shoes count ...? ESTEE

Well, yes of course they do! But Estee, right under your avatar it says you are 4 y 3 m 19 days old. I think you need to wait until you are at least 21 to wear them.

Edged Weapons-----Stone Orbs-------Fossils--------Comic Books------Dust
    Thunder ==}>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Thank you for sharing, Thunder and I like your illustration there. How big is your collection of weapons? Do you have only newer ones or do you have antiques as well? At the Etowah Indian mounds in Cartersville, Ga. they have a sword that someone in the area plowed up in their field. It dates back to the time of the Spanish explorers: fascinating.

Actually, I have some where in the area of over 1000 vhs movies, and now hubby and I have started our dvd collection...Morton68

Morty, sounds to me like you could start your own video rental shop. Do your friends and family borrow them from you? Which are your favorites? Are you going to try to duplicate them with DVDs? This collection about JWD collections is coming along nicely. Thanks again everyone for sharing with us all. Keep them coming! Hugs everyone, Heather

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Reel to reel tapes.... My favorite....I collect women..one at a time.

• Valis
    Valis
    Thanks for sharing, Valis. Did you get this camera as a result of posting about your camera collection?

yes I did toots! talley contacted me and then when I jumped up and down like a spoilt child she sent it right off...one thing I found ironic...*LOL* she paid about the same for that camera somewhere as it cost to send to me period in the 60's!. *LOL* It is great and I can also buy 120 film for it. The aperature, lense, and accordion looking part of it are all inn perfect working condition.

Maybe soon I'll take some pics w/it...better b&w pics you know cuz the negative is 8 or 9 times the regular size of one!....So cool to have new old toys! Thanks flyin for this thread! wOOt!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Reel to reel tapes.... My favorite....I collect women..one at a time. WhyNow2000

What do you keep them all in, WN2000?

Thanks for sharing, Valis. Did you get this camera as a result of posting about your camera collection?
    yes I did toots!... Maybe soon I'll take some pics w/it...better b&w pics you know cuz the negative is 8 or 9 times the regular size of one!....So cool to have new old toys! Thanks flyin for this thread! wOOt! Valis

You're welcome, Valis. Please do post some for us to see. I should have known when I saw the pics of your daughter that you were into photography and cameras. Those are beautiful pictures.

Serendipity: the faculty or phenomenon of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for.

I never knew when I started this thread that it might help people add to their collections. This is truly serendipity wouldn't you say, Valis? I think it's wonderful. I am very happy that a thread of mine could do some good.

Heather

• Valis
    Valis
    I should have known when I saw the pics of your daughter that you were into photography and cameras. Those are beautiful pictures.

Thanks Flyin...I just got some shelves to put up so I could take some of my others out of storage for display.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit