California Elder Arrested

by James Jack 87 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its a gotten to be a little less of a shock of having someone in a position of clergy being caught in a socially irresponsible sexual behavior, the JW clergy are notably being included in this public awareness.

The people who used to hold so much respect and trustworthiness have ended up being the worse segment of society.

There was a time when the WTS used to openly condemn other religious institutions for their pedophilia crimes , well the WTS isn't saying much these days are they ?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Every time I see a headline 'arrest' and 'elder' in the same headline, I think, 'the term ''paedo'' will be in there'. I be's sick of it.

Now obviously, I have no idea if this bloke is guilty or innocent. What I want to say is, it'd be a breath of fresh air if an elder got arrested for something else. Oh, I dunno, nicking a police van? ....make something up.......

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    it'd be a breath of fresh air if an elder got arrested for something else.

It certainly would.

It would also be a breath of fresh air if one of them received a trial verdict of not guilty! I guess it could happen, and maybe somewhere it has, but WAY too many are found guilty.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    What I want to say is, it'd be a breath of fresh air if an elder got arrested for something else. Oh, I dunno, nicking a police van? ....make something up.......

Rofl

If and when that happens, it don't make headlines. What would be an interesting post is how many elders have been on the headlines for child abuse and how many have actually been convicted of that crime.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    but WAY too many are found guilty.

How many?

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Fisherman: If and when that happens, it don't make headlines.

Wasn't an elder, but....

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5656118292381696/_post/5766182936248320

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Wasn't an elder, but....

But is wasn't an elder. I didn't even bother to look at your link.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    Strange double post for some reason?
  • ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    How many [JW elders guilty molesting children]?

I told you - WAY too many.

But if you are looking for a specific number you will need to consult Watchtower and ask for the list, the database of child molesters they compiled years ago. They have been court ordered to produce it and they have refused to.

Watchtower would know which ones on the list are elders, and which ones were convicted in court as opposed to the ones that the authorities were never notified about because they were either handled 'in house' by Watchtower's judicial committee process or the authorities were never notified because of the way the Organization applies the two witness rule.

Maybe they will give it to you, just explain that you are Fisherman and that you have been asking, but I doubt it. Watchtower is determined to keep is secret.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    It sure took you long enough to come up with that,

It was there all along. I posted the link on the first page only after a couple of post. I didn't come in in the middle of a discussion so how much more substance is there besides my reply to the posts before mine. But you changed your tune!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit