California Elder Arrested

by James Jack 87 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• flipper
    flipper

CHA CHING- My dear friend, you have nothing to say " I'm sorry " over . I wasn't referring to you in my post. I'm referring to some on this thread who want total proof before even considering this child abuse suspect as possibly guilty. I'm more concerned that some think they have to qualify or verify everything they do- every single moment of a 24 hour day. Personally, I have more important things to do than follow someone on Twitter or Facebook 24 /7 . If someone like Flipper or Fisherman or anybody here needs to use the restroom - I don't need to VERIFY it - I trust that ' allegedly ' they were successful in their restroom adventure . I don't need verification for every single event on the planet. That kind of thinking is ' crazy making ' .

The point I was making is in my initial post the fact that this elder is being brought up on charges for child abuse and I made the remark, " here we go again " - my remark was misinterpreted by some here and what my remark MEANT was that "here we go again " meaning it is way too prevalent and commonly happening within the JW organization. This abuse of power by child molesting elders. It's all I meant. I agree with everything you wrote. My issue is not with you

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Do you honestly believe that people here disagree with that concept and that you are the only one that gets it?

I don't know. I can only reply to what people post.

thanks for explaining it.

Now you see!

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I'm giving this example to show how stupid it is to argue semantics.

I figure that Mr. Flipper is expressing very strong feelings but that is only how I see it and not everyone has to feel the way I do or the way Mr Flipper does.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What is becoming clear now with all of these investigations and law suits that the JWS religion is having to deal with has resulted from its practicing doctrines concerning the necessity of having two witnesses to a socially condemned behavior before they will take assertive action, which has resulted in certain ones to exploit this rule of judgment to behave inappropriately, even toward the sexual abuse of children.

It should also be clear that the WTS over the years made it a set policy to handle these situations internally on their own which usually involved nondisclosure to outside legal authorities.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    fisherman you sound like you are the wise old grandpa of this board

And you sound like you eat banana sardine sandwiches with mayonnaise jelly and peanut butter.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This situation sounds like another case where a guy with bent social morals was hiding behind the pretentious white sheet of righteousness of the JWS religion.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I had a PO in my old Hall who was married with three children but traveled at times on business who was caught and exposed having sex with teenage girls.

He was eventually DFed but hey no one saw that one coming to be sure.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

Very funny fisherman.

the truth is that in the US 1 in 5 girls iare sexually abused and 1 in 20 boys while more than 1 in 10 women are raped.

The 2 witness rule is horrendous but one can see why this rule was devised - they must have been staggered and disbelieving at the numbers

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    I'm referring to some on this thread who want total proof before even considering this child abuse suspect as possibly guilty. Flipper

Why not possibly not guilty? And in total fairness, not only in this case, shouldn't you have all of the facts before even considering whether something is possibly true or not, or are you inclined to believe something is true because you like it?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Very funny fisherman

You are very funny too, Ruby456

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit