So, the Womens March ... What Is It For?

by Simon 401 Replies latest social current

• bohm
    bohm

3rdgen:

I disagree. It had a clear direction: We don't want Trump and what he represents. That it organized itself so rapidly is just a testament to how popular that message is.

I also wish to say that judging from how busy people are to say it didn't accomplish anything and was ridiculous there are reasons to disagree :-).

• garyneal
    garyneal

I still think that whole march was pointless but let these women go out and dress as vaginas if they wish.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Bohm, My daughter is single, in her early 30's, college educated, and has a 6 figure income. She told me ahead of time that she was going to be at the Women's Parade in LA. She stated that she wanted to lend her support for Women's rights. Although we disagree on many political issues, I gave her an "atta girl" for being willing to march for what she believes.(and her right to believe it)

Then I saw the pictures she posted on Instagram and I had to chuckle. There she was, on top of a roof with a ridiculous sign standing next to a woman who was completely topless.Was she opposing the objectifying of women? Haha How can I take that seriously? She and her totally cool Hollywood friends had a great time in the fresh air and sunshine doin' crazy shit. I wish I was young and knew what I know now! :)

• Simon
    Simon
    It had a clear direction: We don't want Trump and what he represents.

Remind me how "not accepting the democratic process" was going to be an awful thing that Trump was going to do ...

No one likes when the opposition wins, but that is democracy, so suck it up princess.

So Trump must now hand over his email server? I think that sounds like a good idea, but I would settle for much less. For instance, just a list of the countries he owes money or tax returns ;-)

I don't know, probably / maybe. The fact is, the server he's using isn't anywhere near as insecure as the one Hillary had in her basement. It's in a server room, run by the RNC (I think).

He doesn't have to hand over his tax returns - the electorate had the opportunity to penalize him for being the first candidate in a few elections not to follow the recent trend, but didn't.

What is the clearest link between HRC and the IB?

Her close aids links to them, family ties etc... and the copies of 3/4 of a million of HRCs emails found on her husbands laptop (for some reason). Tens of millions of dollars in payments from Islamist governments. Because they are known for being so charitable - just look at the tens of zeros of refugees they have taken in.

Obama did get the economy more on the right course (unemployment is very low) and did do some good.

Obama's first job was bailing out the banks so they could get their bonuses. No strings attached at all, no one prosecuted for the massive fraud, tax payers money given straight to Goldman Sachs et al. The economy has been poor to mediocre throughout his term and growth never passed 3%. Of course it was in the right direction, Bush had tanked it. He didn't do great though..

Whatever you want to say about Trump, he seems to have more of an idea about ISIS than Obama. The left is making a big stink about anything and everything he does. Take "The Muslim Ban" which isn't ... it's a limited halt for certain unstable countries and doesn't affect the vast majority of mostly Muslim countries.

Lots of outcry. Lots of wailing. Accusations of racism. Unconstitutional. You name it, the left scream it.

But where was the outrage with the religious tests that Obama imposed? Why, from a country with 10% Christians, were a fraction of a percentage being selected to be admitted? Same for Yazidi's - THE most oppressed groups were sent to the back of the queue and preference given to Muslims.

So wail away and march to your hearts content. That is your right. It's also the right of people who elected a leader to not have their choices overridden by a vocal mob.

Whatever your position, it doesn't alter the fact that the womens march was rather random, unfocused and utterly vague in what it was supposed to achieve.

• bohm
    bohm
    Her close aids links to them, family ties etc...

Try to spell it out. I am curious if you know something I don't know.

Tens of millions of dollars in payments from Islamist governments. Because they are known for being so charitable - just look at the tens of zeros of refugees they have taken in.

You want to take a bet on that? Are you really going to claim Saudi Arabia has not taken in refugees?!

Don't get your news from alt-right. They are usually all-wrong.

Whatever you want to say about Trump, he seems to have more of an idea about ISIS than Obama. The left is making a big stink about anything and everything he does. Take "The Muslim Ban" which isn't ... it's a limited halt for certain unstable countries and doesn't affect the vast majority of mostly Muslim countries.

Do you think we should fear muslims?

Trump just gave ISIS a gigantic propaganda victory. Travel is banned from exactly 0 countries which participated in 9/11. Can you remind me again when a terorrist from the banned countries last carried out a terror attack on US soil?

Lots of outcry. Lots of wailing. Accusations of racism. Unconstitutional. You name it, the left scream it.

Notice how this is a go-to strategy: I raise concerns about specific proposals that Trump does and your answer has to do with "some people's" emotions (wailing, screaming, outcry, etc.).

Do you think the ban is a good thing?

• bohm
    bohm

3rdgen: I don't want to question your daughters motives/reasons. My point is that I think there are plenty of legitimate concerns about Trump that are worth demonstrating. Did you read the story I posted?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Simon, this (points up) Is probably your best post ever. Hubby and I were victims of not one but 2 illegal foreclosures during the Obama admin. We waited for Heads to roll, CEO's to be imprisoned, or at the very least fired and for reform. Ha!

• bohm
    bohm
    No one likes when the opposition wins, but that is democracy, so suck it up princess.

I have "sucked it up" but that does not mean I can't oppose what I believe Trump represents or the policies that he tries to enact.

Be aware that the macho rhetoric --suck it up princess-- cuts both ways: I could also say that people are free to protest (true) and you should suck it up. I could also say you were a princess! But I recognize that is not fair.

I am becoming more and more convinced Trump will not last long and it will become clear just what he is.

• Simon
    Simon
    Try to spell it out. I am curious if you know something I don't know.

Do your own research if you're interested.

You want to take a bet on that? Are you really going to claim Saudi Arabia has not taken in refugees?!

The have Syrian immigrants, how many are refugees is debatable. The fact is the surrounding Islamic countries (with some exceptions) aren't the defacto destinations you would imagine they should be.

Do you think we should fear muslims?

Individual Muslims? No. Islam and Sharia? Yes. Islam takes over and trashes civilizations. It's an ideology that measures its advance in centuries, not the short-term that we tend to view things in.

More people should listen to what ex-muslims say about it and what experts and those knowledgable on Islam and Sharia are saying. Not what the propagandists for Islam promote.

Islamists lie when they say it is compatible with the constitution. They have the exact same notion of "theocratic warfare" or straight-out-lying.

Trump just gave ISIS a gigantic propaganda victory.

I think they value the country that Obama gifted to them more.

Travel is banned from exactly 0 countries which participated in 9/11. Can you remind me again when a terorrist from the banned countries last carried out a terror attack on US soil?

I agree, the only thing wrong with the policy is that there are not more countries on the list. I expect the military exports and oil imports are more than a passing consideration.

Also, it's clumsy and heavy handed - more sense should be shown with people with valid docs but then the whole point is that the previous administration(s) didn't vet people properly. There is nothing wrong with doing a better job on checking who is entering the country and what they ideals are and whether they represent a threat.

It's kind of strange. The left rails against the religious conservatives in America. But Islam is the ultimate in religious conservatism wound all the way up to 11. Yet they are falling over themselves to get as many into the country as possible without really vetting them.

This is despite the dire warning signs from Europe where there are some barbaric evil crimes being committed and state level cover-up of media to try and keep a lid on the failures of their governments to protect their citizens. Such an appalling state of affairs.

It is an utter lie that Islam is a religion of peace. It is only a religion of peace once all bow their knee to it. Until then, it is a religion of murder and Jihad. Also, peace doesn't apply to women, the subject of this topic, it only extends to men. Women are there to be used and abused.

Ultimately, if the US takes in 10,000 Christian and Yazidi refugees, what difference does it make? It's the same net result of lives saved ... possible more, since they are the most persecuted and most at risk of being killed.

Is Trump's plan perfectly planned and perfectly executed? No.

Is it better than listening to Obama and Clinton give a promotional speech for Islam right after a mass murder? You bet.

At least it's movement in the right direction. That is one of the reasons people voted for Trump.

• bohm
    bohm
    Do your own research if you're interested.

Well I did. Didn't find anything concrete...

The have Syrian immigrants, how many are refugees is debatable. The fact is the surrounding Islamic countries (with some exceptions) aren't the defacto destinations you would imagine they should be.

Ah, they ARE in fact taking in a whole bunch of refugees :-). Isn't it something like 500'000 in Saudi Arabia and about 20'000 in the USA?

Individual Muslims? No. Islam and Sharia? Yes. Islam takes over and trashes civilizations. It's an ideology that measures its advance in centuries, not the short-term that we tend to view things in.

Well I have something to say about the "love the sinner hate the sin" attitude. but for now I will only quote General Flynn: "Fear of Muslims is RATIONAL: please forward this to others: the truth fears no questions..."

I think they value the country that Obama gifted to them more.

What do you mean?

I have to pass the rest of your post. I don't think I can explain my position if you do not acknowledge the difference between the far left and the left.. it is very frustrating that I must answer for beliefs that I vocally oppose and have opposed for all the years I have been on this board.

This might interest you regarding who is running the country:

Steve Bannon has, BTW, just replaced the director of the joint chiefs of staff/Director of national intelligence on the principals committee on the NSC so expect more from him in the future...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit