So, the Womens March ... What Is It For?

by Simon 401 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    IS it a big deal? Well, the Trump supporters said it was for 2 years. Emails, email everywhere!. Now: Crickets. I agree if I go on and on about the server now THAT is hypocritical, but please wait until I begin to do that :-).

I think the email was an issue before Trump but it was certainly an issue during the election. Rightly so - she was deceitful and tried to cover it up, deleting many emails and refusing access to it.

Trump saying from the off that he has a private server isn't the same situation (it can be secred, managed etc...) but dems can make an issue of it if there thing there is an issue. You expect the most fervent Trump supporters to do it for you?

I also seem to remember you brought up the email server but my memory might be failing me

Yes, I said from the start that anything less than handing over the full server would not be enough to exonerate her and IMO shows there was utterly damning things deleted if she was willing to take the hit for lying and covering it up. And so many links to Islamic Brotherhood ...

Well, the fail train is only one week into it's journey and quite frankly, I am seeing stupidity on a scale which I cannot recall.

He's done some stupid things, mostly appointments, but to be fair he's also getting shit done. You start wondering was Obama was doing for the last 8 years ... talk show circuit?

• bohm
    bohm
    You expect the most fervent Trump supporters to do it for you?

No, I CERTAINLY don't.

Yes, I said from the start that anything less than handing over the full server would not be enough to exonerate her and IMO shows there was utterly damning things deleted if she was willing to take the hit for lying and covering it up. And so many links to Islamic Brotherhood ...

So Trump must now hand over his email server? I think that sounds like a good idea, but I would settle for much less. For instance, just a list of the countries he owes money or tax returns ;-)

And so many links to Islamic Brotherhood ...

What is the clearest link between HRC and the IB?

He's done some stupid things, mostly appointments, but to be fair he's also getting shit done. You start wondering was Obama was doing for the last 8 years ... talk show circuit?

damaged US/mexico relations, China is threatening war, given ISIS the single biggest propaganda victory they have ever had; I bet they are going to name this a national holiday.

Not talking about all the fallout. Iran just banned US from Iran. Now what about Nuclear inspectors? There goes the Iran nuclear deal...

Oh by the way, on the topic of imitating the nut-left, I think we can safely say the witch-hunts within own ranks is firmly on:

It makes perfect sense Breitbarts is going to be used to damage those within own ranks who stands against Trump.

• bohm
    bohm

(Wrong thread)

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

At the risk of being viewed as anti- feminist, (which is completely untrue) I have to say the op has raised a valid question. IMHO, the theme of the march was FEAR. Fear that the Trump admin. will dismantle or erode the rights women have fought for and achieved. Ok, fine but at least admit that FEAR is the driving force.

If they would have called it the "FEAR of ROW V. WADE REVERSAL" I might be inclined to participate myself. But the fabric vaginas and stupid ass signs do not invite serious discussion or dignity and respect for REAL and VALID womens issues.

• bohm
    bohm

3rdgen: I don't get it. You say it is okay to protest out of "fear" if that fear is about Row Vs. Vade but not if it is about e.g. the ban on muslims Trump was floating before being president?

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Furthermore: I don't consider myself a member of the left or right. I prefer to weigh things issue by issue. Likeability is not a requirement for a person to be able to accomplish a task or perform a duty. IE; I would much rather have dinner with Obama than Trump (how come neither have asked me?) but I am not better off now than I was 8 years ago. I dare say neither are minorities even though the message was HOPE. Well, faith and hope don't don't pay the rent, do they?

Simon is right when he said Trump and the republicans did not win this election. With him as their candidate, it was the Democrat's to lose..... and they did. Hopefully Trump, despite his verbal diarrhea, will do some good.

• bohm
    bohm

3rdgen:

Obama didn't offer real revolutionary change, neither would HRC. But Obama did get the economy more on the right course (unemployment is very low) and did do some good.

What the choice is between is a continuation of existing policies (HRC) or Trump. The women marched against Trump because it was evident for a lot of us how bad he would be --- guess what, he has actually EXCEEDED my worst expectations. Take this story:

Is this worth protesting?

I know, I know: The women could not protest that at the womens march because it had not yet happened. But many of us knew something like this would happen, or could happen, under Trump. Guess what? It is now becoming a reality.

Trump just gave ISIS their biggest propaganda victory ever. He did not make the US more safe but less.

We are about a week in. We now know the US tax payers are going to pay for his stupid wall, that he does not have a plan for ISIS (he just asked the pentagon to come up with one so there..), he has royally pissed of mexico (and I don't only mean just insulting them; he is threatening mexico in a major way) and the chinese are saying war is now a practical reality (yep, that also happened).

This comes on top of all the other trump bullshit, like being anti-vaxer and climate change denier...

Between those things I think it is possible to find something to protest..

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Bohm, immigration is not a women's issue. If I was planning a women's march I would have a clear theme and stick to a single topic. But that's me. BTW, just because I'm a woman who is pro-choice does not mean I'm a liberal..

• bohm
    bohm

3rdgen: It started as a womans march but it obviously became something else: A we-dont-want-Trump protest.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Then it had no clear direction and defined nothing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit