So, the Womens March ... What Is It For?

by Simon 401 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    which parts do you not agree with?

I don't think the 2nd wave was full of crazies or that they took over the 3rd wave, it's the other way round. Listen to feminists from decades ago - completely different tone and outlook, way more reasonable. Also, actually accomplished things.

• bohm
    bohm

Let's make a small test about right-wing hypocrisy:

Spencer (the-nazis-hate-me-so-im-okay) goes to protest to troll and gets punched. Alt-right goes NUTS about how the left is normalizing violence, post videos, tries to paint entire protest of 3-4M women as violent or as accepting violence.

Trump enacts the travel-ban on muslim countries he have no business ties to which are totally dangerous (curiously, avoiding all muslim-majority countries which has actually carried out terrorism in the US the past 40 years...) and ... a Mosque goes up in flames ... ***sound of crickets***

https://thinkprogress.org/islamic-center-of-victoria-fire-8a683f632a7a#.vcsci64xn

• Simon
    Simon

No one should burn down someone else's property and I don't see millions applauding it. I also haven't seen anything to say it's arson, or who did it if it is. Since the black guy burned his own church and spray painted "Vote Trump" on it, it's sometimes good to wait and see.

There were lots of people saying that punching someone in the street is somehow justified.

You seem to want to excuse one of them. Why can't both be condemned? Where is the hypocrisy?

• bohm
    bohm
    There were lots of people saying that punching someone in the street is somehow justified.

...And you don't think there are "lots" of people saying that burning down a mosque is okay?

You seem to want to excuse one of them. Why can't both be condemned? Where is the hypocrisy?

Have I done that at ANY point so far?

Show me once on this thread where I have said it was okay to punch spence?

The point here is that the alt-right is deeply hypocritical: A peaceful demonstration of women against a deeply flawed administration must by all means be demonized and painted as irrational and spoiled whereas when a mosque goes up in flames you got crickets.

You want to bet 100$ that it was not the electric installations which short-circuited?

• Simon
    Simon
    And you don't think there are "lots" of people saying that burning down a mosque is okay?

I don't doubt there are some. I am willing to be there are considerably fewer than excused the leftist punching the right-winger.

Have I done that at ANY point so far? Show me once on this thread where I have said it was okay to punch spence?

Then what is your point? You were suggesting some hypocrisy, it seems there is more hypocrisy on the left than on the right.

Where's all the "love trumps hate" gone? What about "he will not divide us"? The left divides itself and advocates and celebrates violence when it suits them. That is hypocrisy.

You need a better example of right-wing hypocrisy, because you haven't really presented a convincing one.

The point here is that the alt-right is deeply hypocritical: A peaceful demonstration of women against a deeply flawed administration must by all means be demonized and painted as irrational and spoiled whereas when a mosque goes up in flames you got crickets.

No, that is not hypocrisy. You are just taking two completely unrelated events and saying the reaction to them proves something that it doesn't.

You want to bet 100$ that it was not the electric installations which short-circuited?

No, there is a decent chance that it's the action of some extremist. But there is nowhere near the number of people celebrating or excusing it. I'm sure you can find them, but not in the same numbers.

Can you see now how "one of these things is not like the other"?

• bohm
    bohm
    Then what is your point? You were suggesting some hypocrisy, it seems there is more hypocrisy on the left than on the right.

Can we agree just for the sake of my own sanity that "the left" consist of very diverse viewpoints where it is important to distinguish between someone like me and those on the far nut-left?

As for hypocrisy:

What about the private email servers run by Trump?

I seem to recall something about HRCs email server being a problem...

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/27/president-trumps-voters-seem-to-be-fine-with-him-using-a-private-email-poll/
    http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/10/31/hillary-clinton-email-scandal-explained/

Where's all the "love trumps hate" gone? What about "he will not divide us"? The left far left divides itself and advocates and celebrates violence when it suits them. That is hypocrisy.
  • bohm
    bohm
    No, there is a decent chance that it's the action of some extremist. But there is nowhere near the number of people celebrating or excusing it. I'm sure you can find them, but not in the same numbers.

Very few are going to say: It is okay to burn down a mosque. Just like very few people are going to say: Yah it is okay to punch spence.

What you will see (not that I think it will ever be reported on Breitbart because, you know, there are still stories about Madonna worth printing) are people who will say: well yah but what about <beheading video, stoning, etc. etc.>.

if we can agree that the nut-left and nut-right are both hypocritical that is completely fine :-D.

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, the email server is hypocritical ... but your candidate spent the last 2 years saying it's no big deal and her supported excused it as no big deal. So trying to make a big deal out of it is also hypocritical.

See how hypocrisy works? It's why it's important to judge the deed and not the person doing the deed. Otherwise you find yourself in the unfortunate position of someone pointing out that the thing Trump is doing that you're losing your shit over is something that Obama did too.

Also, good attempt at trying to make the left into the far left. The reality is that the nut-left is much of the left, the nut-right is far more fringe.

Very few are going to say: It is okay to burn down a mosque. Just like very few people are going to say: Yah it is okay to punch spence.

No, there were LOTS of people saying "so what, he's a nazi - ha ha ha".

What you will see (not that I think it will ever be reported on Breitbart because, you know, there are still stories about Madonna worth printing) are people who will say: well yah but what about <beheading video, stoning, etc. etc.>.

So? The mainstream left media find a way to discuss some Islamic atrocity without ever saying the word Islam or Muslim, the latest thing is "truck attacks", yes, those trucks have it in for us. The right media has their own biases and include more of the picture, shame on them.

if we can agree that the nut-left and nut-right are both hypocritical that is completely fine

I'm sure you would like that. But it would be like saying that Islam and Christianity are "both as bad as each other". Convenient, for some, but not really an accurate representation of how widespread an issue is on either side.

You know what's is much easier? Not being an idealogue. When someone points out a flaw by your "side" you can just say "yeah, that's wrong". Heck, you can point it out yourself. It's so much easier than constantly trying to excuse the inexcusable or trying to find some equal crime by the other side to make something OK. You really should try it - base your judgement on the issue, not the group or person involved.

When something happens, like someone being punched in the street, you can just say "that's unacceptable" without having to find out who threw and received the punch first.

• bohm
    bohm
    Yes, the email server is hypocritical ... but your candidate spent the last 2 years saying it's no big deal and her supported excused it as no big deal. So trying to make a big deal out of it is also hypocritical.

Oh please!

I am not claiming that the private email server in itself is a big deal. I didn't do it with HRC, I don't do it with Trump: That's called consistency.

IS it a big deal? Well, the Trump supporters said it was for 2 years. Emails, email everywhere!. Now: Crickets. I agree if I go on and on about the server now THAT is hypocritical, but please wait until I begin to do that :-).

I also seem to remember you brought up the email server but my memory might be failing me ;-)

• bohm
    bohm
    I'm sure you would like that. But it would be like saying that Islam and Christianity are "both as bad as each other". Convenient, for some, but not really an accurate representation of how widespread an issue is on either side.

Well, the fail train is only one week into it's journey and quite frankly, I am seeing stupidity on a scale which I cannot recall...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit